I Won't Give Up

Dawson

Nurse Summers

Dawson had survived the night but had fallen into a coma,no one was sure when he would wake up or if he would. I was standing over Dawson's bed,looking through his chart with widened eyes before I heard Greg and Ameila walk in "Greg.." I said,turning to look at him with the chart in my hand.

"Yes?" he asked,he looked utterly worn out whereas Ameila looked as though she slept through the night without a care. Waiting for him to sit in hus usual spot beside the bed,I walked around to him and knelt down.

"Dawson had Ameila didn't he?" I asked softly "Please don't lie,you have no reason too" I added quickly,seeing the look in his eyes. It fadded and he sighed softly before nodding.

"We were going through so much then...we didn't think we'd last and then,he found out he was pregnant..how we still haven't a clue but we believe Ameila's gods gift to us" he whispered,looking at his daughter before looking back at Dawson "Why do you ask?" he asked,staring at me again.

I reached over and took his hand "Because I believe god's granting you two another gift.." i whispered and handed him the paperwork from Dawson's lap "With these levels...he's about two months along.." I added.

Greg stared at me then back at Dawson with wide eyes before a firm look took his tired ragged expression "He'll wake then...He'll wake and all will be well" he added strongly before handing me back the paperwork. I squeezed his hand before smiling and leaving the three of them in peaceful silence.

Dawson-Four months Later

beep....beep...beep

Those were the sounds that rang in my ears when I started coming too,that annoying constant beeping that was quickly driving me nuts "Dawson.." I heard a voice causing me to scrench my face in confusion Who was that...why did that voice sound so familer "Dawson..honey can you hear me?" The voice asked again.

I opened my eyes slowly before groaning at the bright lights above me,one my eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness I looked to my left and everything fell into place. I couldn't speak because of the tube down my throat "Dawson,sweetie look up. I have to get the tube out" I heard another voice,A women this time,speak to my right.

Licking my lips and swollowing a few times,I turned back and reached over with a smile "Greg.." I whispered feeling him squeeze my hand again before feeling the bed dip at the end of my feet. I looked down and felt tears in my eyes "Ameila" I whispered and slowly sat up,I went to pull her into my lap when I noticed my stomach.

Unable to speak due to the sudden shock of that,I looked at Greg with wide confused eyes. How was I pregnant in a hospital? How far along was I? Was it Alex's? Greg sensed my confusion and grabbed my hand and began telling me what was happening.