I Won't Give Up

Dawson

I stared at Greg before smiling warmly and pulling him up "It's about time you properly asked" I giggled,causing Greg and George to chuckle. Greg smiled and slipped the ring on my finger before I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him deeply.

"I've been waiting to ask but it never seemed the right time" he whispered,looking down at me. I sighed and shook my head,my eyes bright with happiness as I kissed him again before sitting down at the table with Greg.

"Alright everyone,let's eat" I said happily and dug in,finally having a full meal besides what we could pick up from day to day "Tomorrow morning I have to get Amelia's medicine,she took her last pill this morning" I said,looking at Greg.

Greg nodded and continued eating as he looked over at Amelia and Junior,who was sound asleep. Thinking on him,I reached down and gently rubbed my stomach. Feeling the new stretch marks from carrying Junior running along the same ones from carrying Amelia.

I couldn't have been happier..or sadder at that moment,knowing that I was granted a huge gift. To carry and give birth to Amelia and Junior,to experience that what a women does.

"Dawson..sweetie are you okay?" Nola asked,looking at me. I looked up and looked at her before smiling and nodding.

"I'm fine...I'm just having Post partum...I had it with Amelia as well.." I said looking over at Junior. "For few four months I was like this then until she was two..I had to always know where she was..what she was doing..eating drinking..everything" I said softly.

Nola nodded and smiled "That's part of being a mother Dawson..you're lucky and very blessed" she said before going back to eating.

Three Months

"Greg don't put that on him!" I exclaimed with wide eyes,running up as Greg held a shirt in his hands. I snatched it from him "Are you trying to make him get a rash?" I asked.

Greg looked at me before looking at the shirt "It's one that Nola got him...what don't tell me Junior's allergic to everything but cotton..?" He asked with a side. I put the shirt down and nodded.

"Afraid so..." I said,looking at him then down at Junior who was staring up at us with large eyes "He looks so much like you Greg..." I whispered,reaching down and stroking his cheek. Greg smiled and looked at him.

"He does...Figures the daughter would take after you...I think we're gonna be in trouble when she's in her teens" He remarked but I shuddered.

"Oh no,no man is laying their hands on my daughter..I don't think so"I said,crossing my arms causing Greg to laugh and kiss my cheek. I laughed and pulled out an outfit "Here,dress him in this. Don't forget to put socks and shoes on him" I said. Greg gaped at me.

"Come on Dawson! why? he's always kicking them off and losing the socks in god knows where" He said before I stared at him and crossed my arms.

"Are you sure you're not a child Greg?" I teased with a smile before shaking my head "It's cold outside Greg,he needs his jacket and socks and shoes" I said. Greg deflated and sighed,nodding his head before dressing Junior.

I smiled and kissed them both before leaving the room "Mommy is being protective again isn't he?" I heard Greg whisper and Junior giggle. I smiled and shook my head before walking into Amelia's room to get her dressed as well.

Everything seemed to finally fall into place,I just prayed we'd make it to Junior's first birthday without any problems.