I Won't Give Up

Dawson

"Does she really have to start?" Greg asked me,staring at sadly at me as Ameila sat in her bean bag reading a book. Since she was five,it was time for her to start school "Can't we wait until she's six?" he asked but I shook my head.

"She has to start now Greg,it's time. I know you love having her home just like I do but she has to go to school" i said,crossing my arms and raising an eyebrow at Greg who muttered before sighing and nodding his head.

"Alright...we'll go get her signed up tomorrow so she can start Monday" he said,leaning against the chair. I knew he didn't want her going,I didn't either but school was where she belonged. To make friends and learn social skills she would need later in life.

Monday

I had gone out and gotten Ameila an entire new closet of cloths,she grew out of a lot of her old cloths anyways so she needed them "Daddy..do I really have to go to school?" She asked,early Monday morning,staring up at Greg.

Greg looked at her and nodded his head,tucking some hair behind her ear "Yes you do sweetie,just like Junior will have to go when he's your age as well" he said,pulling her into his lap and kissing her cheek. "Mommy and daddy had to go to school as well,everyone does" he added,smiling.

Ameila looked at him before looking up at me "Can't you two just take me today...I don't wanna take the bus" She said. I looked at Greg before sighing softly and picking up my keys,Ameila's eyes widened and she squealed happily and ran out to the car.

"Dawson are you sure about this?" Greg asked,looking at me worriedly. I nodded my head and smiled warmly,kissing his cheek and heading to the car with him.

"It'll be alright,I promise" I said once inside the car with Junior and Ameila,Junior still sound asleep in his seat while our daughter stared out the window nervously.