I Won't Give Up

Dawson

I watched Greg and his brother together from a distance,watching them play with the kids as they talked to each other.It was so weird seeing double of my fiancee...the father of my two children. "Dawson..honey you ok?" Greg called,turning and looking at me.

Jerking from my thoughts,I looked up at him and nodded smiling "I"m fine,but it's time for Juniors nap" I said,walking over and picking him up. I placed him on my lap and looked at Angel before turning and walking off. I could hear Angel whispering to his brother as I disappeared down the hall.

As I laid Junior down for his nap I couldn't help but get this horrible feeling that something was going to go wrong. I didn't know when or where..or what for that matter but something was wrong. Leaning against the crib I stared down at Junior,reaching down and stroking his cheek as he slept peacefully.

I couldn't get over how much like his father he looked and already starting to come into his own personality just like our daughter. Hearing the door creek open,I turned and found Ameila peeking at me. I knelt down and held out my arms,Ameila giggled and ran towards me,jumping into my arms as I stood up. "Mommy,are you ok?" She asked,looking at me.

I sat down in the rocking chair,holding her in my lap as I stroked her hair "I"m fine sweetie...mommy's just a little tired" I said,smiling as she curled up in my lap and rested her head on my chest "You know...when I was carrying you..Daddy use to sing when you were restless and you'd fall right to sleep"I said as I hummed lightly.

She looked up at me and giggled before closing her eyes "Daddy still sings...but not much anymore...I think daddy is upset about something" She yawned before falling asleep. I sighed softly and looked out the window.

"Mommy thinks so too.." I whispered softly as I rocked in the chair,slowly falling asleep with my daughter in my arms.

Time Lapse

Angel came by more and more once he knew where Greg was,something I started to not like. I heard the bedroom door open down the hall and Greg walk past,carrying a bag with him "Honey,I'll be back later tonight. Angel and I are going out to see some friends" he said simply,kissing my cheek and walking out.

I stopped and stared at the door before clenching my fists,tears welling in my eyes before I walked to the window,watching Greg get into the car with Angel before they left. I watched the car disappear down the road before turning and looking at the calender. Our anniversary was today--Our wedding only three months away.

Listening to the children play in their room,I walked to the porch and rummaged through some things before finding a new lock and key,changing out the front and back door. I knew..just knew that I was taking this a bit far but I didn't care. The fact that all of a sudden our family is no longer important was to much for me to handle. Gathering Greg's belongings I placed them on the front porch with a note on the front door.

Happy Fucking Anniversary.