I Won't Give Up

Will

"Dawson?" I said, sounding scared. When he fell silent, my panic rose. "I'm Will, a close friend to the Valeno family. There's been a serious accident back home.."

"I've heard a bit about you. From what Greg says, you were a good guy to Dean," he replied, making me smile. "Where exactly is home?" he asked, my smile faltering.

"Oregon. A lot of us haven't been there for a handful of years," I said, scratching my neck. "Look, if there's anyway you can get here soon, I can get us on the next flight to Oregon tonight. Bring the kids if you don't have a person to watch them with."

"How will I recognize you?" he asked, sounding curious. Thinking for a moment, I looked around the room for any chance of him knowing it's me. Finding a rainbow bow tie that I assumed belonged to Angel, I started putting it on.

"Look for the rainbow bow tie," I said, hanging up.

Time Elapse

I saw a car pull in as I paced the ground near the front doors of the hotel. I didn't give the person a second thought, not until I heard, "Will?" Looking up, I came face to face with a young guy blonde hair. Studying him for a moment, I only tilted my head. "I'm Dawson," he said, looking a tad irritable.

"Right!" I said, rushing to him. I hugged him quickly before walking over to the car. "Would you trust the speed of the devil with the kids in the car?" I asked, looking at Dawson as I pointed to the kids.

"What do you think?" he asked, pushing me aside as he took his seat in the driver's seat. "I can't believe he just up and left like that, not giving me a heads up," he went on, getting angry. Getting into the passenger's seat, I buckled in.

"He meant to, but he just handed me the phone and told me two words: Call Dawson. So I did. He won't be expecting you there, but I knew that if he were going to leave, you had the right to at least be by his side." As we drove out of the parking lot and hit the highway, I went on.

"The accident was back home was actually a death. A death that hit home hard for Greg and Angel. He couldn't calm down until he as there, with the rest of the family, mourning." Dawson never responded, and the only thing that was heard all the way to the airport was the sounds of our breathing filling the air.

Time Elapse

As we sat on the plane, Dawson seemed to be having a hard time with his son. "Care if I try?" I asked, reaching out for the baby. Dawson looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

"He's not big on strangers," he replied, continuing to rock the crying little one. "Otherwise I'd hand him over."

Not knowing what else to do, I just started to sing, knowing that what had always caused the triplets to calm down. "The stars lean down to kiss you, and I lie awake and miss you. Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere. 'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly, but I'll miss your arms around me. I'd send a postcard to you, dear, 'cause I wish you were here." His cries quieted down, and he met my gaze reaching a little hand out to me. Letting his small hand wrap around my fingers, I continued on until he fell asleep.

"How'd you know what to do?" Dawson asked, looking at me as if I were a unknown life form.

"I helped Dean and Chase with their young ones when they needed a break," I said, looking over at who I assumed was Ameila. She was out like a light. "Seemed to work on her, too," I said, indicating Ameila.

"Let's hope they stay this way for a while," Dawson said, making me smile so faintly.

Time Elapse

A few hours later, we landed in Oregon. I aroused Dawson after I had Junior rested upon me. "Let's go. My husband is waiting for us. Before you ask, yes, he has a car seat for each of them. Greg made sure he grabbed a couple before coming, just in case." Nodding, Dawson and I made our way off the plane and towards the building.

Once inside, I saw Keegan who was waving at us. Letting him know I saw him, Dawson and I made our way towards him, being careful so not to wake the children. "And you say you couldn't handle being a father, you imbecile," Keegan said, smacking my arm lightly and playfully. "I'll run out and get the car. I'll meet you here again shortly to help with the bags."

"There's only two, which we can easily grab ourselves. You just get the car, love," I said, kissing him quickly before he ran off.

"Were there any females in your group aside from the ones Dean and Chase adopted?" Dawson asked, sounding no more than curious. I shook my head.

"No," I said. "It's not that we didn't try. Hell, half the guys could have easily fell for a woman, but they had found a partner in a man. I think Michael and Hunter both found love in a woman recently after they didn't work out, though."

"Where will everyone be staying? From what I heard, you guys have a big family," Dawson said, causing me to look at him as we grabbed the bags and started for the door.

"You, Greg, Angel, and the kids will be at the lodge. Keegan and the rest of us will be at the Valeno's place," I said, adjusting Junior so I could easily carry the bag. "If anything, Angel can stay with us."

"No, it's fine," Dawson said, sounding tired. "More than anything, I think Greg needs his brother."