Status: completed

If These Sheets Were States

Remembering Sunday

I let out a load groan as my phone started ringing. My head felt like somebody was banging drums inside it and I was pretty sure I was going too throw up any minute now. I ran my hands through my hair then grabbed my phone clicking the answer button and holding it to my ear not even bothering to look at who it was.

“Hello?” I answered groggily.

“Hey babe! How's Vegas?” A familiar voice said cheerfully, I knew it was Kara straight away.

“It's interesting... I think I might come home early though.”

“Why, what's happened?” Kara asked.

“It's just really awkward between me and Alex plus Chelsea's here being a bitch yano she hasn't changed in the slightest since high school I actually think she's got worse if that's even possible?”

“You've just got to ignore her, remember why you're there in the first place it isn't for Alex or that bitch it's for Jack its his birthday you haven't seen him in ages. Look this was only meant to be a quick call me and Eden are going down to Baltimore to see Rian's parents for a few days so if you need me just ring me!”

“Okay, hope you have a nice time love you!”

“Love you too.” Kara said.

I heard the phone click signalling that she had hung up the phone, I pulled my phone away from my ear chucking it back on the bedside table and laying head first onto my pillow. I was still so tired but I needed to get up, have some tablets, shower and eat first. I pulled myself up straight shoving the duvet covers off of me not bothering to make the bed then I rummaged around in my handbag to find some headache tablets, popping two out and swallowing them dry.

I went into the bathroom switching on the shower, turning it up so it was hot then stripping my clothes off and climbing in. The hot water relaxed my muscles and soothed my headache, I didn't feel as bad as I did a few minutes ago anymore. I grabbed some shampoo from the side squeezing a generous amount into my hand then running it through my hair, then doing the same with the conditioner afterwards washing it out. I stood there for a few more minutes, the shower was the only place where I felt the most comfortable but it was also the place where I did too much thinking, I would over think everything until my head started to hurt and usually I got upset because I knew that things weren't going to go how I wanted them too which sucked. I turned the knob for the shower off, climbing out and wrapping a towel around myself walking back into the bedroom.

Once I had dried off and changed into some sweats I blow-dried my hair and left it in its natural waves, there wasn't any plans until tonight so I couldn't be bothered to straighten it, all I wanted to do was stay in my room all day, order room service and watch TV.

At around 1pm there was knocking at my hotel room door, which broke my attention away from Keeping Up With The Kardashians not that I hadn't already watched this episode like a thousand times but still. I got up and pulled the door open to see Cassadee standing there with a big bag full of what looked like food? I let her in moving out of the way and shutting the door behind her following her back into the bedroom where she was now sitting down on my bed.

“The perfect hang over cure!” Cass announced holding the bag up.

A genuine smile spread to each side of my face. That girl was a life saviour sometimes, it's like she knew exactly what I needed.

“And that is why I love you.” I stated still smiling.

We went into my bedroom climbing under the covers of the bed, turning the TV up and opening up the bag full of food. I grabbed a big bag of doritos claiming it mine whilst Cass opened a bag of sour patch kids and started eating them. It was less than half an hour later and I was still hungry for more food I guess you could say I'm kind of a pig. I grabbed the bottle of diet pepsi, cracking the seal open and drinking thirstly.

“So what happened last night, I saw you talking to this random dude then Alex came over and he looked pretty pissed off.” Cass asked.

“Oh uh it was sort of a misunderstanding I mean the guy was being a jerk Alex just came over and sorted things out I guess.” I said trying to make it not a big deal.

“Do you still love him?”

“Uh after all these years, unfortunately yes. I feel so stupid I mean he's clearly moved on but I have tried too move on too it just never seems to work. I always want him and no one else. If there was something I could do to get rid of these feelings trust me I'd do it, I don't want too be in love with somebody that I can never be with for god sakes' he's getting married soon to the biggest bitch on the planet.”

“Hmm, I think he still has feelings for you Jen. As for him getting married? I honestly can't see them staying together until the wedding, she'll cheat or he'll cheat they don't really love each other they just sort of use each other.”

“Use each other?”

“They're not in love, they're both just too bloody lazy to look for other people. Me and just about everyone else want you and Alex back together we all know that Chelsea's a bitch and she always will be a bitch, she'll do anything to trap Alex. She likes being known as 'Alex Gaskarth's girlfriend' that's all she wants to be, she doesn't want to be with the real Alex she only wants to be with the famous Alex.”

“Maybe one day he'll figure out that she's not worth it. I mean how many times has she got to hurt him before he figures out that she's not the one?”

“Hopefully he'll get it this time. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to pee.”
I laughed as Cassadee got up and nearly ran into the bathroom. I made myself comfy until I heard her shout my name a few times, I sighed climbing out of bed and standing outside the bathroom door.

“What's wrong?” I asked.

“You have no toilet roll you idiot, go ask down at reception for some pleaseeee.” Cassadee said dragging out the 'e'.

“Uh fine. I'll be back in five minutes.” I said shoving some flip flops on my feet and grabbing my hotel key.

I broke into a slow jog to catch the elevator, getting in just before it closed. I turned round to see if anyone else was in here with me and unfortunately there was just one person. The one person who I really didn't want too speak to at the moment. I turned my body around so I wasn't facing him and started to play with my fingers something I always did when I was nervous.

“Why are you nervous? It's only me.” Alex said his voice sounding deeper than usual.

I looked down at the floor before speaking, I knew that if I looked at him in the face I'd get lost in his eyes and end up not talking making myself look stupid.

“I-I don't know... We haven't spoken in ages, it's like we're strangers.” I said slowly.

“But we're not strangers, we used to be bestfriends... We used to be a hell of a lot more than bestfriends.”

A small giggle came out of my lips, I loved the way that he talked about us being together so casually, I guess he really had moved on, now it was time I did too.

“I know that, it's just everything's so different now it's weird.”

“Do you ever miss us?” Alex asked stumbling over his words.

I turned this time to face Alex as the elevator door's opened and we both walked out standing outside. There wasn't many people around but I could just see Chelsea coming over and ruining this moment.

“All the time. I still miss us right now Alex. I don't know what too say, I miss you a lot but I get it you've moved on and I'm happy for you honestly even if I wish it wasn't with Chelsea because you could do a lot better than her Lex.” I admitted, I was surprised at myself for admitting it all too him.

“I miss you so fucking much Jen. Even if we can only be friends I want my bestfriend back I really do, loosing you hurt so bad we were meant to stay friends after we called it off but I guess that never really was gonna work.”

“I guess not, there's just too much history between us which really sucks because I miss you.”
“We could try and be friends though?”

“Do you really think that Chelsea would let us be friends?” I asked raising my eyebrows.

“She doesn't own me, I can be friends with whoever I want.” Alex said shoving his hands in his pockets.

“Okay, let's try then. I'll do my best to not my feelings come in between us.”

“It's fine Jen, my feelings are all over the place at the moment too.” Alex said grabbing my hands and pulling me closer.

I looked down at the floor again to avoid eye contact, I could feel myself blushing. Alex pulled my closer into a hug so I wrapped my arms around his back and he rested his head on top of mine, we stayed like this for a few minutes and this was a moment that I didn't want too forget, I had forgotten how much I missed his hugs, I'd forgotten how much I missed practically everything about him. After a few more minutes I pulled away quickly realising that I had been gone for at least 20 minutes and Cass was still in the toilet waiting for the toilet paper.

“Shit!” I cursed under my breath as I took a step back from Alex.

“What's wrong?” Alex asked.

“The whole reason I was coming down was too get extra toilet paper because I'd run out and Cass is still stuck in the toilet waiting for me too bring some back.”

A laugh erupted from Alex's lips and he bent over kissing me on the forehead.

“You idiot, I'll see you later you better go and get the toilet paper.” Alex said smiling.

I waved goodbye walking up to the main reception and getting some then taking the stairs back to my hotel room. Well Cass was going to be surprised once I told her everything...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in like a month, I suck I'm sorry. Bleugh this is just a filler, I know where I want to go with this story it's just taking me a while to get it written down. Anyway's have any of you realized what I'm doing with my chapter titles? ;) thanks so much for reading, comments would be appreciated a lot! thanks for your comments so far :))