Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

Men In Skeleton Costumes

Ferris Wheel, Haunted House, Dodgem Cars, Roller Coasters.
God bless the local carnivals.
Cassie and I walked through a giant gate, to see large crowds of people. It must have been really popular or something, because I’d never seen so many people.
Bunches of carnie kids, young couples, large families, and young adults all were on rides, playing games or scoffing down fairy floss.

‘’Haunted House!’’ Squealed Cassie as she tugged me over to the queue for tickets.
We bought two tickets, then rushed over to the line. Just as we got there, the ride before us was finishing up, so we got to go in as soon as we got there, rather than having to line up.
I sat down on the seat of the carriage with Cassie, and waited for the ride to begin. We heard a screaming noise, and the carriage started to move forwards. The lights were bright, and things were hanging down from the ceiling. I couldn’t really tell what they were, everything all of a sudden went dark. Then there was a clap of thunder, and a wolf howled. Somebody jumped onto the front of the carriage, and yelled ‘’Boo!’’. I jumped a few centimeters off the seat, and grabbed Cassie’s arm.

The person jumped off, and then lights starting flashing. For a second it was light, then the next thing I knew it went dark again. It was like that for the next minute or so.

Then it all went dark once more, and a skeleton popped out of the wall, making me jump with fright again. The next thing I knew, the carriage was flying down the tracks, at full throttle, and made a sharp turn. I buried my head in Cassie’s shoulder, and closed my eyes. Shit, this was actually scary.
I could hear her scream a few times, as more people were playing tricks on us, like grabbing our hair when the carriage slowed down, or yelling things at us.
One time, the carriage completely stopped for a second, and someone jumped in. They had a skeleton suit on. Unfortunately, they chose to sit next to me.
He was yelling something in my ear, then started whispering things to me, like ‘’you’ll never make it out of here,’’ and ‘’the next thing you now, you’ll be out of this world and into hell…’’. I knew it was just a ride, but it still got to me.
I buried my head again in Cassie’s mane of thick black hair, and closed my eyes.
‘’Gerard…’’ I mumbled. I sounded so helpless.
I had my eyes closed for a while, and then I was told by Cassie to look.
The ride was over.

‘’Shit, that was scary stuff!’’ She exclaimed.
I nodded in agreement. ‘’I swear, I was about to punch that skeleton dude that came and sat next to me. I was terrified!’’

**

I unlocked the hotel door, and fell onto the lounge. I was exhausted. Cassie came and sat next to me, a concerned look on her face.
‘’What?’’ I asked, ‘’that ride still worrying you?’’
She shook her head.
‘’But what you said is.’’
I thought for a minute. I didn’t know what she was talking about. What did I say?
‘’The only thing you said on the ride,’’ She said, in a very demanding tone.
The only thing I said was… Oh crap. I felt a lecture coming on, if I answered correctly. Maybe even if I answered incorrectly…

‘’Look, you really need to sort this out.’’ She said.
‘’I know you tell me everyday that you still love Robbie. But part of me is still left wondering whether you do. As much as you used too, anyway.’’
I nodded in agreement. ‘’I know,’’ I mumbled.

She sighed, and shook her head.
‘’What are you gunna do, Skyla?’’ She asked.
‘’I mean, do you like Robbie, or has one of the brothers suddenly swept you off your feet?’’ Cassie asked.

I didn’t know what to say. ‘’Um.’’

‘’See,’’ She continued, ‘’You need to be sure. I don’t know how you’re going to be sure, but...’’
I felt terrible. I was never like this… I was known as the loyal, kind, respecting girl. Not the heartbreaker, or the whore.