Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

Emotions Are Like Toys

‘’Look, I know this is coming from the girl who has flings and never gets heart broken, but…’’ She begun to speak, but paused.
‘’That’s it!’’ She exclaimed, smiling.
I was confused; I swear this girl must have had a drink before she spoke to me or something. But she wasn’t giggling hysterically, or falling off the lounge, so I decided it was fair to pronounce her sober.

‘’You don’t get what I’m saying?’’ She asked.
I shook my head, and she begun to explain.
To be blunt, she was pretty much saying I should have a fling, to see which guy I wanted; Robbie or Gerard. She said I knew I loved Robbie, but I explained to her how I felt about Gerard.

‘’Gerard… Woah. He’s incredibly good looking, has a way with words, and an awesome accent.’’ I stated, then mentally slapping myself.

‘’Exactly!’’ Cassie exclaimed, ‘’You want Gerard. Like, want him. You don’t love or need him, you want him.’’
I shook my head. She was being so blunt. As this rate, I needed Gerard. As a friend. I didn’t love him, but I needed him. Although I’d soon have to un-need him in the next three months…

‘’But that’s terrible!’’ I exclaimed, shaking my head.
‘’Really? But getting kissed a guy on the cheek when you’re taken, and not freaking out isn’t?’’ She questioned.
Typical Cassie. She was… emotionally blackmailing me I guess. Trying to give me a guilt trip. She always did this, but I knew it was for the better. She just cared too much when it came to my own good.
‘’Um… ok.’’ I said.
She smiled sadly, and hugged me. ‘’I know you don’t want to do it, but Robbie won’t ever find out. I can promise you that.’’

I nodded, and hugged her back.

**

It was about 10PM when I decided to go to bed. I tucked myself in, and closed my eyes.
‘’By the way, Skyla, you can borrow my iPod for the night. It’ll help you clear your mind,’’ Said Cassie, as she placed the iPod next to me. I put the earphones in my ears, and turned it on. The last song she played was… Starlight, by Muse. Well that wouldn’t help me in the current situation.
So I changed it to Ohio Is For Lovers, by Hawthorne Heights.
The exact song I needed now.
I didn’t like what I was going to do. I knew it was toying with someone’s emotions, and I was always against that. But I had come to realize that in order to make things right, sometimes you just gotta do something wrong. Because we cant all stay innocent school children forever, and sometimes, that was for the best.

If Robbie were to find out, I had no idea what would happen. He could hate me, or understand. But i think the first option had more chance of happening. But maybe he’d hate me for the best? Maybe it’d just be fate’s way of telling me Robbie wasn’t meant to be with me… I just closed my eyes, and hoped for the best. Like any hopeless 16 year old drama queen, on the other side of the world from home, would do.