Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

Squishy Squashy Plane Rides

Chapter 2.

‘’… Hey it’s Robert.’’ He said sleepily. I had woken him up.

‘’Hey Babe!’’ I exclaimed, ‘’Sorry I left calling you so late… I know i should of called earlier.’’

I could hear him sighing in the background, and had no idea whether he was angry, or just tired.

‘’What am I going to do without you kid?’’ He asked. I heard him chuckle sadly a few seconds after.

I said nothing, and just smiled. I promised myself I wouldn’t cry but I felt a salty drop slither down my cheek, and die on my lip. I’d miss him more than anything.

‘’Don’t cry.’’ He knew me too well.
‘’Now promise me, no flings with those rebel American boys!’’ Robbie exclaimed. I knew he was trying to cheer me up.

‘’I promise. Forever and ever babe. Look I gotta go, we are almost there.’’ I said.
He said goodbye, wished me luck and I hung up.

I tucked my phone into my pocket, and looked over at Cassie. She had her hand over her mouth, and I pulled it away, only to hear her laugh hysterically. I frowned, and punched her softly in the arm.

‘’Aw babeeeeee, don’t worry I love you, kissy kissy!’’ She said, in between giggles.

I ignored her, and leaned up against the window. The sky looked angry; dark clouds were rolling in and the trees were shaking violently. We drove past a sign with the picture of the plane, and ‘’LONDON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT’’ written in bold letters. We were at the airport.

Cassie and I grabbed our bags out of the back of the car, and paid the taxi driver. We said goodbye to him, and ran up to the airport.

**

‘’Seat E13 and Seat E14…’’ Cassie said loudly, leading me through the narrow isles of the plane. It seemed like a lifetime until we found our small seats. We had a middle, and window seat.
‘’Considering I’m feeling rather nice,’’ Cassie announced, ‘’You can have window seat.’’
I smiled and shuffled into my seat. It was small and hard but it’d do. Cassie then climbed into the seat next to me, and immediately shoved the earphones into her ears. I started blankly into the grey seat in front of me, until I felt Cassie poke me. I turned around and took up her offer. She had her arm extending, with one earphone in her hand. Obviously, she was asking me to listen. It was The Academy Is, one of our favourite bands.
‘’Holdddd your head highhhhh.’’ Sung Cassie, shaking her head around.
I pushed my finger to my lips, telling her to be quiet. She nodded, and mouthed the lyrics.

We listened to her iPod until we both fell asleep. By the time we had woken up, the flight was almost over. Attendants were kindly coming around offering everybody lunch. The food didn’t look too fresh, but I was starving, so Cassie and I accepted a peanut butter sandwich and coca cola. My phone buzzed, and I pulled it out of my pocket.