Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

I'm With Not With The Band Anymore

We were in the car, and about 5 minutes away from the gig. Robbie was driving us. I was in the passenger seat, and Cassie was in the back,
‘’So, Cassie,’’ I said, ‘’How did you find this band?’’
‘’Um, well I was reading –‘’
‘’Like woah, you can read!’’ I exclaimed, jokingly.
‘’I was reading a music magazine and I just… came across them.’’
I nodded, and turned up the radio. It was ‘’Thnks Fr Th Mmrs’’, by Fall Out Boy.
‘’THANKS FOR THE MEMORIESSSS,’’ Yelled Cassie,
‘’Even though they weren’t so greattt,’’ I sung,
‘’See, he, tastes like you,’’ She sung, ‘’AND NOW FOR THE BIG FINALIE!’’
‘’ONLY SWEETERRRR,’’ We sung, then laughing at the end.
We’d laugh this song since it’d been released, it was ‘our’ song, I guess you could say.

A few minutes passed, and so and a good songs. Then we finally pulled into the parking lot, and jumped out of the car. Cassie and I ran ahead, and Robbie stayed back to lock the car.
The gig was outside, so we were free to listen and watch from wherever, pretty much. As long as we didn’t try to go back stage or anything. There were about 300 people there, but I wasn’t too surprised, because the band was small and unheard of. Robbie came over just as they started.
A skinny, black haired guy came out onto stage, and waved. Then the rest of the band did.
‘’Hello there, and thankyou for coming!’’ The singer yelled, ‘’I guess we shouldn’t fuck around, so I’ll get to it. We are My Chemical Romance, and this song we’re going to play is ‘I’m Not Okay!’ So have fun!’’
And with that, the band started. The song started off with guitar, then all the instruments came in.
‘’Well if you wanted honesty that's all you had to say,
I never want to let you down or have you go, it's better off this way!
For all the dirty looks,
For photographs your boyfriend took!
Remember when you broke your foot from jumping out the second floor?’’
The lead singer had an amazing voice; he was so unique yet his sound could appeal to many people.

Cassie elbowed me, and whispered in my ear.
‘’Do you recognize them?’’ She said softly.
I thought for a minute. ‘’Actually, the guy with the afro looks familiar.’’
She nodded. ‘’Yeah.’’
I looked over at Robbie, who seemed rather bored.
‘’I’m gunna go have a smoke near the car,’’ He said.

**

‘’And now for a song I wrote a while ago, its called ‘I Don’t Love You.’ It’s about this girl I met back home… She changed my life, and many other people’s life. Hope you enjoy it.’’ Announced the lead singer, then danced around to a guitar intro.

‘’ Well when you go
Don't ever think I'll make you try to stay
And maybe when you get back
I'll be off to find another way.’’

I recognized the lyrics, and begun to sing along with them. I had no idea how I knew the words, if I’d never ever heard the song before, so I listened more.
‘’… How do you know the lyrics?’’ Asked Cassie.
‘’How should I know?’’ I replied, concentrating.

‘’ When after all this time that you still owe,
You're still, the good-for-nothing I don't know,
So take your gloves and get out,
Better get out,
While you can!’’

I sung along, and waited for the chorus; maybe I’d know then where I knew it from.

‘’When you go,
Would you even turn to say?
I don't love you,
Like I did,
Yesterday.’’

And that’s when it hit me. The familiar band members, who he dedicated the song to, and where I had heard it from. And just as I thought things couldn’t get any worse, either.