Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

The Same Old Excuse

BACK TO SKYLA’S POINT OF VIEW.

I stumbled out the port-a-loo, and was greeted by Cassie.
‘’Why’d to… talk to briefly to Gerard?’’ She asked.
‘’Uh, hello,’’ I said, ‘’Robbie is here!’’
‘’Oh, yeah.’’ She grunted.

I walked back over to Robbie, and grabbed his hand.
‘’How do you know the band?’’ He asked.
‘’We don’t. Cassie just knew the guitar player a while back, and she was just introducing me,’’ I said, shaking my head.
‘’Sure.’’ He growled.

I could see Gerard and Mikey watching me with Robbie. Mikey didn’t look too bothered, he knew we were going out. But Gerard, on the other hand… he looked hurt and disappointed.

‘’Sky, I need to pee, can you show me where the toilets are?’’ She whined.
‘’Um, ok.’’ So I let of Robbie’s hand, and showed Cassie the way.
We were standing outside the port-a-loo, when she laughed.

‘’You just believed I needed to pee? I peed five minutes ago!’’ She exclaimed.
‘’Oh… why’d you bring me over here then?’’ I asked, curiously.
‘’I talked to Gerard, before.’’ Cassie stated.
I nodded, and she told me everything that was said.
‘’You… you think I’ve changed?’’ I asked.
She nodded. ‘’And I don’t know what the hell is going on, but you sure as fuck aren’t the same Skyla Johnson I knew two years back.’’
Crap. She was catching on.

‘’So?’’ I asked, stretching. The top I was wearing was a little tight, so it showed off the bottom of my stomach, and my hips, when I put my arms up. A terrified look swiped across Cassie’s face.

‘’Uh… Sky how’d you get that bruise?’’ She asked.
Fuck. Think fast, Skyla, think fast. Aren’t you supposed to be the witty, smart one?
‘’I hit it on the bench really hard.’’ I stated.
‘’Ok… but I expect you to tell me the truth later if you are lying,’’ She said.
I nodded.

‘’Now, back to the other conversation,’’ Cassie continued, ‘’Sky, you really have changed. Before you were some quick witted, exciting girl. Now you seem intimidated by everyone around you, and… like Robbie’s puppet. You always insist he comes everywhere with us, and that is never the case.’’

‘’It’s called growing up,’’ I mumbled, ‘’Before I was some immature, 16-year-old whore. I’ve grown up a lot.’’
‘’Maybe in your old world,’’ snapped Cassie, ‘’But I want the old Skyla back. Before it’s too late.’’
Too late for what? I was going to ask, but I decided not to bother.
I nodded, and we walked back over to Robbie.
‘’We’re pretty tired, so can we go home now?’’ Cassie asked.
Robbie nodded. ‘’We’ll drop you off home, ok Cassie? Its getting late.’’

The same defense he always used when he wanted to bash me when we got home. My parents were on holidays with my brother, so at the moment I was living with Robbie. I had no choice. I couldn’t fight, argue or detest. I was like a rag doll, just being thrown around; emotionally and physically.

She nodded. ‘’Well, I was wondering, Sky, if you wanted to stay the night.’’
Without asking Robbie’s permission, I nodded. ‘’I’ll go home to Robbie’s pack my gear and get him to drop me over.’’
I knew Robbie would be angry, but I needed to get away, even if it were for one night.

**

Cassie jumped out the car, and I said goodbye.
‘’Be over in an hour!’’ She exclaimed, and she then walked inside.

CASSIE’S POINT OF VIEW.

When I got inside, I pulled out my phone. To text Gerard; to tell him the plan was on.
Sky is sleepin ova 2night, so then i’ll say we r goin out 4 dinna, but go ova 2 your warehouse, kay?

We decided to scratch the Starbucks plan. Instead, Sky was going to sleep over tonight. I’d tell her we were going to McDonalds for dinner or something, but really drive her to Gee’s warehouse. It was a warehouse they used to practicing their music, so they’d play some of Sky’s favourite songs, drink coffee, and dance, and see whether that made her open her eyes. If not, we’d try the Starbucks plan. The boys were staying in London for two weeks, so we had to make this plan work. Or, that’d be the end, no more chances.