Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

All The Needless Beating

I let go of her, and sat down on the lounge. It was time I told her what I’d been hiding for the past two years. From everybody. The one secret I’d managed to keep. That’s how ironic it was. The one secret, real secret, I had ever kept, and it was the one that ruined everything.

‘’Oh my… Sky why didn’t you tell me!?’’ She asked.
‘’I… I couldn’t.’’ I stated.
‘’Well its not going to happen anymore. Believe me,’’ Cassie said, hugging me again.
‘’It will. My parents are away, so I have to stay with him,’’ I explained.
‘’Nuh uh. You are staying here with me!’’ She exclaimed, ‘’I mean I’m sure Renee and Johnny won’t mind. They love you like a sister anyway.’’
I smiled. ‘’Thanks a tonne.’’

**

‘’Hey Sky?’’ Cassie yelled from her room.
‘’Yeah?’’ I replied. I was out in the lounge room, waiting for her to find a CD.
‘’I was thinking, you wanna go pig out at McDonalds for dinner or something?’’ She asked, running down the stairs, and sitting down next to me.
‘’Sure, what CD you got?’’ I asked.
‘’All American Rejects, baby!’’ She yelled, smiling, ‘’Okay, lets go!’’
She grabbed my hand and dragged me out the front door, and we got in the car.
‘’What song first?’’ She asked curiously, as she pushed the CD into the slot.
‘’IT ENDS TONIGHTTT!’’ I yelled happily. It was my favourite song by them, ever. And after all, it did end tonight. The hurt, pain, anger, tears, blood. It stopped.
She nodded, and searched through the album and stopped when it came on.
I shook my head to the piano into, and Cassie pulled out the driveway, and began to drive. She’d just got off her L plates.
We both sung along, all smiles and laughter. Just like it was before Ohio, and before the first punch hit my tender skin.

**

I looked out the window, and smiled as the big yellow M came into sight…
It also left my sight quickly, too.
‘’Cassie?’’ I asked.
‘’Yeah?’’ She replied.
‘’Um… you said McDonalds.’’ I was confused. What the heck was she doing?
‘’Oh, really? I meant KFC. You know, the one near all those warehouses…’’ She said.
‘’Um, alright then.’’
And I continued singing.

Within a matter of minutes, we arrived at KFC. Cassie stopped the car, and we both got out. I went to walk up to the entry door, but she grabbed my arm.
‘’I need to show you something first.’’ She said, pulling me out of the carpark and onto the footpath. What did she need to show me that was so important? Some gruff hobo we used to go to school with?

Cassie continued walking, and came to a halt in front of a worn down warehouse. She tapped on the roller door, and waited. Then it lifted up. I turn to Cassie, an angry look on my face.
‘’What the fuck?’’ I asked.