Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

For Old Time's Sake

‘’Um.. I… Er…’’ I stammered as Gee rolled up the rest of my sleeves, and Mikey stood next to him to get a closer look.
‘’Um, woah. How’d it happen?’’ Asked Mikey, his eyes soft and gloomy.
‘’Does it matter? Its ends tonight anywho.’’ I said. Then I realized what I had just said… I completely, utterly, stupidly put my foot in it.

‘’It sorta does matter,’’ Said Mikey, ‘’Because we care. And if somebody is doing the opposite of caring, I would like to know.’’
Gee nodded in agreement, ‘’Yep.’’
‘’It’s over now anyway,’’ I said, convincing myself it’d never happen, ‘’It won’t happen again.’’
‘’But whats over?’’ Asked Gerard.
‘’Just tell us, please,’’ Begged Mikey.
‘’Um. Someone hit me. Happy?’’ I asked, frowning.
‘’Not quite. Who?’’ Mikey snapped.
‘’Argh, just a person.’’ I said cheekily, and turned to leave.
Gerard grabbed my arm and pulled me back. ‘’Tell me.’’
‘’Only if you promise not to tell anybody.’’ I stated.
And I whispered who it was quietly, and why.

‘’Fuck, what an ass!’’ Growled Mikey, then taking a big gulp of coffee.
‘’And you took it all, for two years, in the defense of two guys, you thought, at the time, you’d never see again?’’ Asked Gerard.
I shrugged. ‘’I guess, yeah. But, I knew that if he had the gut to hurt me, he’d hurt you.’’
‘’Well, thanks a tonne. But you really, shouldn’t of. And Im not just being modest.’’ Mikey replied.

Gerard let my arm go, and I went to go sit with Cassie, just as I heard her say ‘’Yeah, kay Frank!’’. I missed out on what he asked, but I didn’t think I needed to hear it.
I elbowed her, and she turned around quickly, smiling.
‘’What?’’ She asked.
‘’Gerard and Mikey found out. About my arm, if you get what I mean.’’
‘’Oh…’’ The smile disappeared, and now she looked more blank than happy.
‘’Yeah.’’ I replied.
‘’But,’’ She continued, ‘’Frank asked if… we could, sorta, go out, for the rest of the time he was here.’’
‘’That’s great!’’ I replied, trying to keep my voice down.
She nodded eagerly. I could tell Cassie wanted the guy for a long time. Then we both turned back to the guys, and started talking again.

**
It was about 10PM when we all agreed to finish up. It was so great catching up with them, and hearing about all the great things that had happened after Cassie and I left.
‘’Well, I don’t know about you guys, but I want everything to be like old times,’’ Cassie yelled.
I nodded quickly, and the guys kept listening.
‘’So,’’ She continued, ‘’What about you all stay the night at my place?’’
‘’Heck yes!’’ Frank screamed. All the other guys nodded, and Cassie smiled.

So we all jumped into our cars, after Cassie explaining where she lived. Then we drove home.
‘’Won’t Renee and Johnny be home now?’’ I asked curiously on the way back to Cassie’s.
‘’Doubt it,’’ She replied, ‘’Johnny is problem partying. And I’m pretty sure Renee is staying over at her boyfriend’s.’’