Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

My Way Home

Mikey came and sat down.
‘’Ordered,’’ He said, ‘’Should be ready in a few minutes.’’
I nodded. ‘’Yum, brownies. And you both have to promise not to steal mine this time!’’
They both nodded, and chuckled.

It was so great. Everything. It had all just improved in a few days. I wasn’t going to be hurt anymore, Robbie was out of my life, Cassie had the guy she’d been waiting for, for the past two years, and I had the Mikey, the coolest guy ever, and my best friend, and the one guy I needed most, Gerard.

After about five minutes of laughter and smiles, the food and drink was delivered. I took a sip of hot chocolate, and smiled.
‘’So you’ve gone off coffee?’’ Asked Mikey, curiously.
‘’Nah. But, noticed I ordered everything I had one of the first times we hung out?’’ I replied.
Gerard nodded, ‘’Yes. For old time’s sake.’’

**

I sat down on Gerard’s hotel bedroom. We decided to go back to the hotel, to see Frank and Cassie. Mikey was outside talking to Frank, and Cassie was watching TV.

‘’Gerard, how are we supposed to make this work if we live on opposite ends of the world?’’ I asked, rubbing my eyes.

‘’Well,’’ He said thinking, ‘’Cassie is dating Frank, yes?’’
I nodded.
‘’So,’’ Gerard continued, ‘’Well. Now that Robbie’s gone, you only have a bit of family here, and they’re always away, right?’’
I nodded again.
‘’You and Cassie could move to Ohio to live with Frank, Mikey and I.’’
I was gob smacked. He wanted me, to move to the other end of the earth, and live with him, two of my best friends, and the funniest guy on earth? Wowza.

‘’Um… I have no idea. That’s a real big step.’’ I said, stuttering.
‘’I know,’’ He said, ‘’But at the moment its all or nothing. Stay here with family, and probably never see the guys and I again, or move to Ohio with Cassie to live with the guys and I.’’

I nodded, ‘’Yeah. I’ll talk to mum about it.’’
‘’Okay. But don’t feel like I’m pushing you into anything,’’ He replied.

**

Cassie unlocked the front door, and we went up to her room. I needed to ask her whether Frank told her what Gee told me. She sat down slowly on her bed, and looked at me.

‘’What did you need to ask me?’’ Cassie questioned, peculiarly.

‘’Did Frank ask you a question?’’ I inquired, ‘’A major question?’’
She nodded. ‘’Yeah,’’ a smile forming on her face as she listened further.
‘’And it was?’’ I asked, my lip curling.
‘’If you and I wanted to move back to Ohio with the guys and him,’’ Cassie giggled.

I didn’t see what was so funny about it, but i kept asking questions.
‘’And you said?’’
‘’Um… that I’d consider it,’’ She replied, ‘’Why?’’
‘’Gerard ask me the same thing.’’ I said, sitting down next to her.

She paused, and thought for a minute.
‘’First off, I think he likes you, second off, awesome!’’ She exclaimed.
I nodded, ‘’Yeah he likes me. I forgot to tell you, but he asked me out. I said yes.’’
She squealed, and hugged me.
‘’Haha, and I said I’d consider it, too.’’ I said, almost choking from how hard she hugged me.
‘’Awesome!’’ She exclaimed, finally releasing me from her death grip.