Long Distance Relationship and Love Close By

I Bought Tickets For Music, Not For Goths

I listened to him speak, and froze. Replaying what he had just said over and over in my head, i realized where i saw him. That dream. He was the gothic guy. I didn’t really know what to say, considering this guy had come to me in a dream and told me I was going to see him soon. He could be some physic killer or something.

‘’Uhh, ha-ha yes totally,’’ I said uncomfortably.

A puzzled look came across his face. He could tell i suddenly tensed up. I hope he didn’t think i was some judgmental asshole or something,

‘’What’s wrong? Oh, i forgot. I didn’t introduce myself. I’m Gerard. And don’t worry, I’m not some sleazebag who picks up girls from bars and gigs.’’

I faked a smile, and kindly extended my arm, hoping he wouldn’t notice i was shaking a bit.
‘’Haha ok then Gerard, glad to know that. I’m Skyla. From London but I’m here on holidays for a while… a whole season actually,’’ I said, stopping myself from rambling. The one thing i was good at. He pulled out a notepad from his pocket, and tore a bit out paper out, then rummaging for a pen in his pocket.

‘’Do you have MSN? I don’t have many contacts so maybe it’d be cool if we talked over the net.’’ He said, a crooked smile appearing from nowhere. He didn’t look like the type of guy that smiles a lot, but by the way he talked, he seemed it.

I nodded, and scribbled down my email address.
‘’skylaBluechild@hotmail.com.’’ How friggin cheesy.
He smiled, and waved. ‘’Well, I bought tickets for the music, not talking to pretty English girls all night. Maybe I’ll see you after the gig?’’ He asked.
I nodded, and waved. I was starting to loosen up a bit. I jumped off the stool, and made my way over to my table where Cassie was sitting, still headbanging. I’m surprised her brain hadn’t fired out her nose yet; her head was moving that violently. My eyes darted over to the Gerard guy, who was now dancing around with the lanky nerd guy. Maybe he was gay.

‘’I never knew you liked Goths,’’ She said, ‘’I thought you liked normal, average guys like Robbie.’’
Shit. Robbie. Why was I going around giving my emails to random guys when I had a boyfriend, I had no idea. I promised him, and I knew I’d keep that promise.

**

The band thanked us all for coming, and left the stage. It was over.
‘’Woahhhh.’’ Said Cassie, stumbling out the door, ‘’That was, like, totallyyy awesome!’’
She was a little tipsy, and a bit too excited. I nodded, and lead her out the door. God this girl was embarrassing. I looked around for a phone to call a taxi, and saw Gerard and the geek sitting on a bench. Deciding I’d rather not sit with my drunken friend looking stupid, I thought I’d talk to him and his friend… possibly boyfriend.

‘’Hey Gerard, do you have a phone I could borrow?’’ I asked, frowning at Cassie.

He smiled, and shook his head. ‘’No, but I could drive you to your hotel. I know it’s a bit creepy being offered by a stranger, but I’m a nice guy. Oh, by the way, Sky, this is Mikey, my brother.’’

Mikey smiled, and nodded, his way of greeting me.
I thought about it, and decided against the idea of a taxi. Besides, I doubt Gerard would ask for a tip or anything… I doubted it. I had no idea how things ran over this side of the world, but I doubt nice random people would ask for money when they offered you a car ride.

**

We pulled up outside the hotel, Cassie giggling and talking in the backseat with me, Mikey and Gerard in the front.
‘’Skyyyyy, you didn’t tell me Robbie came to America with uss…. I didn’t know he went goth eitherrr!’’ Cassie said, eyeing off Gerard, stopping to giggle at the end.

I shook my head, and helped her out of the car.
‘’Thanks a tonne for the lift… Bye Gerard!’’ I said, smiling.
He smiled back, and jumped back in the car. Mikey leaned out the window, and waved.
‘’Don’t trip, you might hurt your pretty little self!’’ Mikey yelled, quickly popping his head back in the window.

I giggled, and lead Cassie up to the hotel. Those boys never failed to drop a compliment, did they?