Sequel: Gravity
Status: Finished! 07/03/2013

Just a Fool

Broken Arrow

Matt watched as Amber paced his living room—she was a mess and unlike herself. He noticed Brian trying to get her to sit down, to eat something but she refused it. Her usually well-kept blond hair was piled on top of her head, her face clean and tear-stained. She was wearing one of Brian’s shirts and shorts: she refused to go home until Mel and Evelyn were found, and he couldn’t blame her.

He ran his hands down his face and let out the breath that he was holding. He thought of the day when Amber came to his house, hitting him and yelling at him but not saying anything. He thought it was because he had left her that day in the kitchen—that she was yelling at him for treating her the way he had. And it was a terrible thing to do, he knew that, but what Amber didn’t know is that when he left that kitchen, he had left his heart.

He figured he’d fucked up too many times and that Evie would never accept all his mistakes. He promised he would never allow another girl come between them, but he let it happen. He could remember that day on the beach, the smell of her hair and the way the sun made her eyes look like they had little green specks in them. He remembered holding her on the sand, just lying there and looking at the stars.

His thoughts were broken when a voice broke out and there was a plate of food in front of him. He looked up to Sarah, her big eyes looking down at him with sorrow and worry. Her hair was piled on top of her head also, her face void of make-up. He was pretty sure she had come from a run, something she usually did when she was upset—it helped her think a lot. “It’s not like hers,” She said with a sad smile, “But I made you some lunch. Will you eat it?” She asked him gently, her tanned hand putting the food on his lap. “I can make you a cup of coffee, or get you some water?” She asked.

He knew that she was trying to get him to drink anything other than alcohol, which is something he’s been doing a lot since Evelyn had been taken. He sighed and nodded. “Coffee would be great.” He said. She smiled and turned on her heels. He watched as she stopped next to Amber and put a hand on her shoulder and whispered something in her ear. When Amber looked up and stopped pacing, she nodded solemnly and followed her to the kitchen.

Matt looked around him and saw everyone there—Brian, who took up the couch. Zacky was staring outside the glass doors, watching people run by the house. Johnny took up the recliner, where Sarah was nestled earlier with him. He wished Jimmy were here—at least he could help make things a little more…bearable.

Matt thought back to when he first had Evelyn home—he had snuck into her room that night, and it scared the shit out of her. But when she noticed who it was, she started crying more uncontrollabl. She was already crying herself into exhaustion and wasn’t sure if she could even fall asleep.

He had sat there and watched her cry, the sobs almost unbreakable for him. He wasn’t sure what to do though, and he remembered being so furious at the sight of all the bruises and cuts all over her body, He knew she had to be in so much pain and he wanted to do whatever he could to make it all go away. “Evie,” He whispered painfully, “What can I do?” She refused to look at him and it tore him apart. “Evelyn,” He said soothingly and he went to kneel beside her bed. She was sitting up so he came right to her knees. She shook her head and he saw her bite her lip. “Evelyn Grace,” He said a bit more sternly. “Look at me, please.” He watched as her eyes slowly met his hazel eyes. His heart broke at the sight of her usually bright brown eyes—they were so dull, so lifeless that it scared him. This wasn’t the best friend he knew, not he woman he has grown to cherish. She was her in from, but was so lost and so sad.

He sat up then, pulled her small frame against him and just held onto her. When her small arms wound their way around his neck, he was so shocked at how small she really became. Her body wasn’t as warm as it used to be, and the pink in her cheeks were no longer there. He got them both onto the bed then and when they were settled, she nestled into his side, his arm around her and the other bringing one of her blankets up so that it could warm her shivering body. When they were settled, her head came to rest on his chest and he could still feeling her sobbing, even though he couldn’t quite hear her. She he tightened his arms on her and placed a kiss on her head. “Evie,” He said his voice rough because he was trying to keep his own emotions at bay. “I promise that as long as I live, I will be by your said to protect you. I will never, ever allow another man like him to tear you away from me.” He allowed some tears to fall from his own eyes as Evie cried harder, not caring that his black Metallica t-shirt was getting soaked.

Evie’s hand reached out then and grabbed onto his t-shirt, like she was scared of losing him—as if she were a child afraid of being taken away. Matts hand pulled away the dark hair that framed her white face and he placed a kiss on her forehead. “It’s okay.” He murmured, “Go to sleep, I’m right here.”

He should have known then, should have realized then signs. “I love you Mattie,” She cried into his shirt.

“I know,” He murmured back. “I love you, too, okay? So get some sleep.”

She looked up at him, her eyes raw and red. “Promise you’ll stay all night long, even if Daddy comes in?” Matt nodded slowly.

“I promise, Evie.” She smiled before getting comfortable again, her head finding the perfect spot on his chest so that she could fall asleep to his heart beating against his rib cage.

__

Evelyn

My body was sore—worse than it was when I first arrived. I wasn’t even sure how long I’ve been here—is it even night, or was it day? What time was it? Is it time to eat? I’m pretty hungry, maybe Marcus will let me eat tonight?

I felt like I was going crazy.

I looked at my wrists to see that they were marked pretty well, and went to lift up the shirt I was wearing. There were many bruises, especially on my hips—you could clearly see where he liked to hold me. I hope that Mel wasn’t like this at all—there were bruises all over me, even cuts. I had some hickies, mostly near my breasts. I frowned and pulled the t-shirt down.

That past could of days she’s been trying to hold onto all the memories she had with everyone—amber, Brian, Sarah…and even Jimmy, who she prayed was there for everyone. But right now, my head could only think back to earlier, to when Marcus was in the room.

He had just pulled out of me, planting his own seeds inside of me. I desperately wanted to take a shower, to scrub every inch of my body so that I could feel at least a little clean, but what he said made me stop working all together. “Soon,” He said before kissing my lips softly and putting my greasy hair behind my head. “You, Me and our baby will be so happy.” He grinned down at me before grabbing the t-shirt besides me. He winked and placed a kiss on my belly.

Please, I begged God, I have been a good girl—if there is anything you can do for me, do not let me get pregnant.

Marcus helped me sit up and pulled the t-shirt back over my head, finding another pair of underwear he had and slipping them on me. My lower region was sore and I hurt so much, but I fought against the pain and tears and watched as he started to walk away. My stomach growled and he stopped to turn. “I suppose you should get some food in you; does chicken soup sound good?” He grinned before exiting the room, the door slamming against its hinges and it caused me to cringe.

Help me, I prayed, help me and I will do what I can to make everything right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I lied--I was able to get in some time before I got busy ahah!

BUT! Good news--I had sometime to think on this story and have a pretty good plot thought out. I plan on making a sequel, and I might build it off of: Pixie Lott - Broken Arrow. Hope thats good news :D

Anyways, Hope this was well. Don't know when I'll get to update! <3

Comments lovelies!