Sequel: Gravity
Status: Finished! 07/03/2013

Just a Fool

Lullaby.

I pulled my feet off the bed slowly and quietly, my eyes on Marcus’s sleeping body the whole time. He was snoring so loud I was almost positive that any noise wouldn’t wake up, but I didn’t want to take the chance. If he did wake up, I’ll lie about needing the bathroom.

I stood up off the bed slowly, hoping the floor wouldn’t creak under my feet. Watching Marcus from the corner of my eye, I tip-toed to the dresser where the gun was. I saw his wallet next to the gun and grabbed it, not having anything to hide either in. So I took the gun, hid it in my underwear and opened the wallet—there was quite the amount of 100’s in there, so I grabbed them and stuck them also in my underwear. It was uncomfortable, but I didn’t want to take the risk of opening the drawers and waking him up. I did, however, see a pair of keys to the left of him. I didn’t think I should grab them, but who knew what was on those sets of keys? So I tip-toed over, grabbed them to silence the sound of them jiggling. I was about to turn when I smacked my big toe on the bedframe.

I held my breath as I waited for him—he only stirred. My heart didn’t settle until I heard the sound of his snoring again. I began to walk towards the door, my eyes looking to him to see if Marcus was awake, but he let out a loud snore so I continued to the door. I prayed with all my heart that I get out alive, and that I could find my sister.

I tried the doorknob to see if it was unlocked, and it was. Thank god, I thought as I was about to twist the knob. I turned to see him still sound asleep; should I shoot him? I thought, should I shoot him right now and not worry about anything? Who knew if it had any bullets?

I silently thanked Matt for showing me how to use a gun and emptied the magazine, and saw that there were only three bullets in it. I closed my eyes and breathed in, debating on what to do. I remember countless times yelling at those scary movies as the girl ran away, not shooting her taker/kidnapper.

I sighed, fuck it I will be one of those bitches—he doesn’t deserved to be fucking shot! He deserved to me tormented.

I opened the door slowly and left as quickly as I could, shutting the door being be quietly. I smirked, locked the door and began my way down the hall. It was clearly raining out as I heard the water hit the roof and windows—how appropriate.

I ran down the hall as quickly and quietly as I could. I was to the stairs just as I heard someone whimpering and weeping. My heart soared at the thought of who it was. I prayed to God that it was Mel, so I went in search of the voice. As I got to a blue door, I put my ear to it and the sound was clear. My heart began to race as I unlocked the door and opened it. As I saw the room, it was grey and there was only a bed in the middle of it. On it was a girl, whose hair was mangled in knots and her back turned towards me. It was Mel.

She was crying so hard her shoulders shook and I don’t think she heard the door open. “Mel?” I whispered quietly.

Her head whipped around so fast I’m sure ti gave her whip-lash. When her face was visible, I choked back a sob. “Oh baby,” I cried as I ran to the bed. “What has he done to you?” She had so many cuts and bruises on her face, her left eye swollen shut.

“Evie?” She wept out. “Is it really you?” I bit my lip and nodded as I made my way to the bed.

“It’s me, Mel.” I said softly. She breathed in before letting out another sob. I reached her and went to stand in front of her. She was only in a pair of PJ’s and a tank top—and I froze. Her belly was swollen. “Oh my god.” I whispered as I knelt at her feet.

That’s when she threw herself at me, her arms finding my neck where she held on for life. I hugged her quickly before pulling away, pushing her belly to the side. “We need to go.” I said just as there was a loud masculine shout from down the hall. Mel froze in front of me and I jumped. “Now!” I whispered quickly, grabbing her hand and pulling her to her feet. She cried out but I pulled her and told her we needed to get out now, or its never.

__

Evelyn grabbed onto the back of Matt’s shirt and pulled back. She wasn’t really paying attention as their bodies collided. Evie fell back onto the sand and when he fell along with her, his body landing on hers she couldn’t help but wonder—was this supposed to feel so right?

She pushed the though aside as she pushed Matt. “Get off me, you ‘tard!” Evie said jokingly. He wouldn’t budge. Instead he stared down into the woman beautiful brown gaze, the sun causing the little green specks to come out. “Mattie,” She huffed out, her hands finding his chest. She looked up into his eyes, ready to push him off—but his gaze made her halt. His eyes looked so blue then and there was this weird looking he had on his face. Her sixteen year old self had no idea what the hell it was about, but she was lost in his eyes.

She was taken by surprise as his lips collided with hers.


Matt woke up from the dream and rolled over, his heart hammering in his chest. He remembered that day—the day he had kissed her. He had forgotten that day a while back, and can’t believe he didn't remember it until now. He remembered then how weird it had felt for him, remembered how it felt so weird then. But now as he thought of it, now that he was old enough to understand those feelings swirling inside of him, he realized that he liked it. He may have kissed his best friend, but back then he had thought it would be like kissing one of the guys—but it wasn’t. No, this was so much better than kissing anyone of his many girlfriends he had in the past.

He groaned and sat up in bed, idly wondering what Brandi was doing. The day he found out that Evie went missing; he had ended things with her. Well really he said he needed space for a little, just to get through this—but now, as he thinks about it, he really thinks that’s he will never see Brandi again.

He wanted Evie back, and he was going to get her back.
♠ ♠ ♠
These next few chapters are gonna be short! But I'm gonna try to get one more in there.

So she didn't shoot him....and she's right; he deserves to be tormented. At least, thats what I think. What about you 'lot? Let me know what ya'll think is gonna happen :D?

There's probably only like......three-four more before the end! The sequal will be up soon, but nothing will be written much besides a little detail on it. But nothing to give anything away. ;) It will be called 'Gravity'.