Sequel: Gravity
Status: Finished! 07/03/2013

Just a Fool

Stay

Chris laughed for the thousandth time today and let my hand go. His eyes twinkled with emotion as he pointed to the bed. “Last time I knew, they were around there.” I hid my cheeks with my hair, which I’m sure was a terrible rat’s nest. Ignoring the fact that I probably looked like shit, I made my way towards the bed to try and find them. I tried to ignore the pain in my muscles as I bent down to try and look for them. “You know, I could always lend you some clothes?”

I tucked my hair behind my ear and looked under the bed—I didn’t see anything and sighed. It was probably best to, considering the fact that I couldn’t find my underwear. I found my bra, though, and reached for it—it was a strapless bra, but it would have to do. “Could I, please?” I asked as I stood up. I dropped my costume onto his bed and held my bra in my hand. He grinned.

“Just give me a second.” He said and turned on his heels, where he walked passed me towards his dresser. “What do you want to wear?” I thought about it for a second—probably a pair of sweatpants, but I’d feel so weird without underwear. I groaned and rubbed my forehead to try and ease the pain.

“Sweats, please?” He nodded and he turned around to shuffle through another drawer. When he found what he needed, he came towards me and handed me a soft blue/grey v-neck t-shirt and a pair of black sweats. They were a little odd, but they would have to do.

He handed them over to me and smiled. “There is a bathroom right through that door,” He pointed behind me. “Third draw down you’ll find extra toothbrushes. Feel free to use the shower—I don’t have any women products, though.” I couldn’t stop staring at his teeth—they were incredibly straight. And his voice…his voice…

I erased the thought from my mind immediately because I felt the memories from last night coming again.

“Thank you,” I said and was about to turn around when his hand slipped around my arm, where he grasped it softly and pulled me towards him. I almost lost my blanket that was keeping me covered as he brought me towards him. My chest was against his as he breathed—he had some morning breath, but I was pretty sure I had my own.

He grinned down at me and his hand came up to put the loose hair behind my ear again. He was gazing down into my eyes and I felt my knees beginning to buckle. “You’re welcome,” He said, before he brushed his lips against mine.

__

The only products he had in the shower was some Old Spice body wash and some suave shampoo—it was lavender. I hurried up, massaged the body soap onto my skin and washed my hair.

While I was rinsing my hair out, I realized that I haven’t called or contacted anyone since the party last night. Matt was probably freaking out, and was most likely trying to contact me every five minutes, but I didn’t even have an idea where my phone was. I haven’t even heard it go off yet.

I washed out the shampoo as fast as I could, stepped out without a towel and looked to my left where a closet was. I made sure my clothes were on the toilet cover so that I didn’t get them wet and made it towards the closet. I opened it to reveal many different products, but saw the towels and grabbed the first one on top. I wrapped it around my body and dried off.

After I was dressed, the clothes being a lot bigger on me than they should be, I brushed my hair and teeth—desperately wishing I had a ponytail to pull the wet hair off my back. I made sure the excess make-up was washed off my face. When I was finished, I opened the door to reveal an empty bedroom. I just did a quick scan with my eyes as I tried to find the little bag I had with me that carried my phone, and found it beside the bed that Chris had slept on. There were picture frames on it, and as I made me way I noticed it was a picture of him with a little girl in his arms.

Oh god, let that be his little sister, I found myself silently praying. I grabbed for the little bag, opened it up and phone my phone. I prayed for it to have some battery life and when I pulled it out saw that it had nearly 50% battery life, 20 text messages and nearly 15 missed calls I gasped. I scrolled and noticed that many of the calls were from Mattie, and the texts from my sister, friends, and also Mattie.

Just as I was about to call him back, my phone buzzed out and I answered it. Immediately his voice met my ears. “Evelyn!” He had said on the other line, the tone of his voice mixed with anger and worry. I rolled my eyes, but knew deep down that he was just worried—after all I have been having those terrible nightmares. But he was locked away, so it’s okay—he doesn’t need to worry.

“Hi, Mattie, I’m okay.” I said as I spoke into the phone. There was an intake of breath from his line and I imagine his muscles relaxing.

Where are you, Evelyn?” I ran my hand through my wet hair, moved it from my back and let it sit around my shoulders. “I’ve been worried sick about you—it’s nearly noon and you’re still nowhere to be found. Mel’s here, she’s been telling me not to worry but…where are you?

I rolled my eyes again and sighed. “Mattie, I’m fine okay? Mel’s right—stop worrying.”

What does Amber mean when she says you’re ‘adding some spice’?” He questioned. I groaned and pulled the phone away from my left ear and put it to my right, while I silently cursed out Amber.

“It’s nothing, Matt, just stop.”

You could not be safe, Evelyn!” He shouted into the phone. “I saw you leave with some guy!

“I am fine!” I said back. “I’ll be home later, Matthew, until then stop calling me!” I ended the call and groaned, falling back onto the bed. Why was he so over protective? Sometimes, it was the sweetest thing, but it really unnerved me. I am twenty-three years old, and yet he treats me like I’m the same crazy seventeen year old I was!

“Everything okay in here?” I looked up to see that the door was opening slowly. He didn’t stick his head in yet, which made me smile, but I hid it.

“Just fine,” I murmured as I sat up on his bed. “It’s okay, you can come in.” When he stepped in, he was wearing nothing but a white towel around his waist. His head was wet and he was grinning.

“Good, because I need some clothes.” My cheeks burned and I made my eyes look elsewhere.

“You have another bathroom?” I asked as I looked down at the floor. I heard the rustling of his dresser and realized I should have went out of the room and left him alone, but it was too late. I felt my cheeks get warmer.

“I have more than one, yes,” He said. I saw the towel drop for the corner of my eyes and did everything I could do to fight the urge not to look. My eyes were shut, but that didn’t help either because I already knew what he looked like naked.

So to distract my thoughts, I grabbed the picture frame on the little nightstand and brought it to my face. “She’s cute.” I said. “Is she your daughter?”

I heard a chuckle from my right. “Yes,” I looked up now, startled. He had a daughter? He had pants on now, so it wasn’t too bad. “My ex-fiancée has legal custody of her.” I raised an eyebrow as he put his shirt of his head, but as he was putting his head through he froze. “Fuck!” He said.

I jumped from my spot on the bed and put the picture down. “What?” I asked, worried. “What happened? Did you pull something? What?” I asked hurriedly as I made my way towards him.

“No,” He said just as the doorbell rang. My heart jumped into my throat and he popped his arms through his shirt. “Looks like you’ll get to meet them.”

“What!” I shouted.
♠ ♠ ♠
OHhhhh noooo. :D