‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

Introduction.

I watch as the sky lights up with each strike from the lightening. The ship violently shakes as the waves below crash up against the sides. I lay on the bed; my arms tied to the head post with red satin sheets while my feet are bound the same way. I struggle against the restraints as a figure appears from the shadows. My muscles tighten as the figure appears before me; a smirk on their lips. “You bastard!” I spit at him. “Let me go.”

“Now why would I do that, love?” He smirks at me. “You know how much I loved my woman on their backs and tied up.”

“Killian, let me go.” I yell, loud this time with a pleading tone. “This isn’t funny; this ship is about to sink.”

“I’ll see you in the afterlife then.” He smirks before backing out of the room; leaving me there to wait for my impending watery doom…


I wake with a start. A cold sweat trickles down my back as my breathing is labored. I turn my head and see that’s it’s nearly five in the morning. A groan escapes my lips as I shut off my alarm before getting out of bed. I might as well stay up; I’ve got to get ready for work. I walk out of my room and pad downstairs; turning on the coffee maker before heading out onto the back deck. I pull my sweater tight against my body as I look out onto the water with a longing for my old life; the life out on sea. A sigh escapes my lips as I’m brought back into when I hear feet running down the stairs. A smile appears on my lips as I head back inside. It’s time to start my day; I’ve got minds to fill with knowledge…

**

“… and that dear children is the tale of how the scorpion tricked the frog into swimming out to sea together and left them both doomed to face their fates with a single prick to the poor frog’s back…” I say, after reading the children the fable close to my heart. “Any questions?” I ask. But just as their hands raise above their heads; the bell rang for recess. “Saved by the bell; you’re all free for recess.” The children run out of the room as I stay behind to clean up a bit before going into the teacher’s lounge to get my lunch.

“Such a vast change from your previous life.” A voice says, coming from the door way. I look up and see Gold standing there.

“What do you want?” I ask, crossing my arms across my chest.

“Now what makes you think I want something, dearie?” He asks, sounding hurt. But I know it’s just a front.

“Because I know you.” I point out. “You always want something or at least wish to gain something from someone else’s misery.”

“Maybe I’m turning over a new leaf.” He suggests to me.

“That’ll be a cold day in hell.” I mutter before grabbing my lunch and pushing pass him. “Good day, Gold.” With that I walk out of the room and towards the teacher’s lounge; hoping the afternoon flies by.

**

“Remember to get those permission forms signed.” I remember my class as the final bell rings. The children gather their things and run out of the room. A smile appears on my lips as I push everything into my bag and head out; locking the door behind me. I walk outside and see a boy leaning up against my car. His wild, dark hair hanging over his eyes as he plays whatever the video game of the week is. “You ready for some dinner at Granny’s?” I ask with a chuckle.

“Of course, mom.” He smiles; the same smile his father once had. “You ok?” He asks me. “You’re looking at me with that look again.”

“I’m fine Morgan; just fine.” I sigh, shooting him a weak smile as I mess his hair up a bit. “Now let’s get something quick to eat before we head to Jefferson’s.” He nods his head before getting into my car. Another sigh escapes my lips before I do the same. For some reason; there is a nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach. Like something bad is coming our way and we’re hopelessly unprepared…
♠ ♠ ♠
Maggie
Maggie's House

comment&subscribe? Sorry if this introduction isn't the best. Character page will be up soon.