‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

No force in heaven or hell,

Killian

“You know your mother is going to be mad when she finds out about this.” I tell my son as he sits next to my cell for the fifth time this week. “And trust me, I know how scary your mom can get when she’s angry.”

“This is if she finds out.” He points out with a laugh. “Come on, I’ve got your skills; I can sneak out without her finding out.”

“You keep forgetting she’s a pirate too, don’t you?” A female voice comes from the shadows. I couldn’t help but to smile when I look over and see the look of udder shock on my son’s face as Maggie walks out of the shadows. “I’ve known for two weeks, honey.” She informs the boy. “I was just waiting for you to come clean.”

“You’re not mad?” He asks, in shock.

“Oh no, you are grounded.” She replies. “I’ve came here to give your father a proposition.”

“What do you want, darling?” I ask, a smirk forming on my lips.

“Where’s Cora and what are her plans of attack; you tell me and you’re free to go.” She states.

“Now why should I tell you?” I ask her. “What are you going to offer me for this information?”

“I’m sure your freedom is enough.” She shrugs. “You’ll be free to go skin the croc; that’s why you came to Storybrooke in the first place, is it not?”

“Cora can get me out of here at any point.” I inform her. “You’re going to have to give me something more important. Gold is a good starter.”

“I’m not going to bribe you with gold, Hook.” She scoffs. “Besides gold, what else can I give you to get that information out.”

“Clothing is another good start. This leather is starting to chaff.” I inform her. “Also a place to stay. Morgan says you have a spare room.”

“Fine, anything else.” She says, getting impatient.

“Visitations with my son.” I say causing her to gasp. “Don’t sound so shocked; I’ve grown attached to the lad in these last two weeks.”

She lets out an annoyed sigh before walking over to my cell. I stand up and walk over to the bars. “I’ll get you the clothes and give you a place to the stay meaning you are allowed to spend time with Morgan just as long as you keep up your end of the bargain. No funny business, Hook; got it?”

“Of course love.” I smile as our son cheers.

“I’ll be back to pick you up tomorrow; good night.” She says before leading Morgan towards the door.

“Night Dad.” He yells back before his mother closes the door and locks it behind her. I can’t help but to smile as I sit back down on my bed.

“Good, she’s gone.” An older female’s voice says from the shadows. “I thought she’d never leave.”

“Are you happy now, Cora?” I ask as she walks from the shadows. “I’m putting everything on the line.”

“And it’s a small price to pay for your sought after revenge.” She smiles. “This is the best plan for everyone, you’ll see…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Burning Desire by Oomph!

comment&subscribe?