‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

In the end you're no stronger of hand

Killian

I’m sitting on the patio out back, watching the water, when I feel a presence behind me. “Do you believe it’s wise to come into Maggie’s house?” I ask before turning to look at Cora as she comes out from the shadows.

“She’s not home.” She points out. “She has you trapped like a dog I see.”

“I’m actually here on my own free will.” I point out. “Now why are you here? Don’t you have a daughter to brainwash.”

“Is that anyway to address me?” She spits. “And I haven’t seen Regina yet; I’m working on some spells that can help both of us out.” I just roll my eyes. “Are you going back on your plan? Did Maggie convince you not to go after Rumpelstiltskin?”

“No, I still want my revenge.” I reply. “But I’m going to do it on my own terms. There is no way I’m going to be on your side when Maggie and Emma recruit a winning army.”

“Do you think it’s wise to play both sides like this? Do you think they’ll trust you?” Cora smirks, causing me to narrow my eyes at her before standing up.

“I’m playing on my own side now.” I inform her. “And it’ll be best if you leave me out of whatever plan you have for the pathetic people of this town; I want out of it.”

“What about Maggie and your son?” She questions, causing my muscles to tighten. “You’ll play by my accord and they won’t get hurt; what do you say to that proposition?” I feel my heart stop as I continue to glare at her. She really isn’t playing fair…

Maggie

“Easy there tiger!” I chuckle as I watch Morgan run to the car. “What has you so happy today?”

“I get to go home and spend time with Dad!” He happily exclaims. “I’m going to teach him the wonders of video games.”

I can’t help but to laugh, “Don’t get carried away, you have homework that needs to be done first.”

“Pirates don’t do homework.” He smirk at me

I kneel down onto his level and look him right in his eyes, “They do when their pirate mom says they have to.” I smirk right back at him, causing a groan to escape his lips. “Alright Captain Morgan, into the car now. We’re making one more stop at the grocery store before heading home. Another groan escapes his lips as he opens up the car door and slips inside. I follow suit and turn on the vehicle before driving off to the store to pick up some things for dinner…

**

After shopping for dinner, Morgan goes to his room to work on his homework which leaves me and a very quiet Killian alone. “You ok?” I ask, snapping him out of a trance. “You’ve been quiet since we got home.”

“Everything is fine, love.” He attempts to assure me. A sigh escapes my lips as I turn down the stove’s burner and walk into the living room. I sit on the coffee table so that I’m looking directly at him. “I assure you, I’m fine.”

“And I assure you, that’s bullshit.” I smirk. ‘Come on Hook, I know you. I know your looks. Plus you can bullshit someone that can bullshit with the best of them.”

“I promise you, everything is fine.” He repeats once again.

“This has to do with Cora, doesn’t it?” I ask. “Should we really be scared of what she can do?”

“I promise you this, you and Morgan are going to be safe.” He tells me. “I’ll do whatever it takes to make sure both of you make it out alive…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Control the Storm by Delain.

comment&subscribe? What choice do you think Killian went for? Cora's side or his own side? Also do you think he's protecting Maggie because he's still in love with her or because she's his son's mother? I want to know what you guys think...