‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

You dare to dream impossibly

“He said what now?” Emma asks the next morning at breakfast; the kids got the day off of school so we’re going to spend time with our sons who are outside plotting something as we speak. “He made a promise to protect you?”

“Yea, he did.” I confirm. “Which is giving more of a reason to freak out. Cora is up to something, something extremely bad. If Hook is worried about it, I’m sure the rest of us need to be worried too.”

“Did he mention any of her plans?” Emma asks. “We can’t prepare unless we know what we’re up against.”

“No he didn’t leak any plans.” I sigh. “I think we should prepare for anything and get our sons prepared too. As much as both of us hate this idea, Morgan and Henry are as much a part of this as we are. The other night I walked in on Hook teaching Morgan how to duel.”

“Henry mentioned something about David teaching him.” Emma sighs. “I never thought in a million years I’d be apart of this.”

“I never thought in a million years I’d see Hook again but here we are.” I sigh too. “When did life get so complicated?”

“I think it’s the day Gold created the curse.” Emma sighs once again. Just as she does, Hook walks into the diner with Morgan and Henry.

“Miss Hart, you know Captain Hook?” Henry excitedly asks.

“Yea, I’ve known him for awhile.” I laugh at the boy. “Took ya long enough to question me.”

“I figured if you were a fairytale character I would know about it.” He shrugs. “How do you tie into Captain Hook’s story?”

“I’m part of the tale not many get to hear.” I tell him. “It wasn’t written down or made into a movie. My tale is only known by the ones closest to him and of course himself.” I reply.

“Does it have a happy ending?” He asks.

I bite my lip before looking up at Hook. “In a way, it does have a happy ending; just not the happy ending you’d think…”

**

“So did you end up having a happy ending?” Hook asks me we walk on the docks with Morgan away ahead of us.

“You were paying attention in there.” I chuckle. “I just thought you were making googly eyes at Emma’s chest.”

He lets out a chuckle, “I’m a man. I can multitask. But yes, I was paying attention believe it or not.”

“That’s a surprise.” I chuckle again. “But to answer your question, yes; I’ve got my happy ending.”

“Which was?” He asks, sincerely interested. “How can being left in Wonderland by a no good pirate be a happy ending?”

“Because that no good pirate gave me the best gift anyone can give someone; he gave me a son.” I reply with a smile. “As much as I may hate you for what you’ve done to me, Hook; I will never regret meeting you. If I had not stayed with you that night at the Tavern, I’d never would have gotten on the Jolly Roger and I would have never went on the adventure of the lifetime. In a way, you’ve changed my life for the better. I would have married to the first guy I saw and I’d end up in a dead end life.”

“Are you indirectly thanking me, lass?’ He asks with a chuckle.

“Don’t let it go to your head, Hook.” I smile and we continue our walk to my boat. It’s time to spend a little family time…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: August Moon by Gregory & the Hawk.

comment&subscribe? I'm also going to be updating Strangeness and Charm; chapter two of that should be up soon.