‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

Always fighting for more than I can have

It’s Christmas Eve and Killian and I are wrapping presents. Well I’m wrapping the presents, Killian is just sitting there keeping me company while drinking an excessive amount of egg nog. “I don’t get why you’re spending all this time to wrap the presents when Morgan is just going to rip the paper off anyway.”

“The art of gift giving is being surprised.” I laugh as I steal his egg nog and take a large gulp of it. “Plus wrapping the presents is fun; admit that you’re having fun.”

“Alright, love; I’m having a blast.” He says, sending me a genuine smile. “I can’t wait til he gets to my gift.”

“I can’t believe I’m going to allow you to give our son a sword; I’m sure there is a law out there somewhere saying you shouldn’t give your son a pirate’s sword.” I laugh as I go back to wrapping presents.

“Well this is a fairytale town, I’m sure people have never even heard of this place.” Killian laughs. “Plus you’re friends with the sheriff, aren’t you? You and that Swan girl seem close.”

“You really hate Emma don’t you?” I chuckle. “Hate being bested by a girl?”

“You’re the only girl that can best me and get away with it.” He informs me.

“And why is that?” I sincerely ask. “Besides the fact I’m the mother of your child.”

“Do I really have to spell it out for you?” He asks with a smirk on his lips. “You’re the only girl that I ever let get under my skin since Milah. You’re the other half of my heart.”

“You’re just saying that.” I croak out as a lump forms in my throat. “If you truly loved me, I wouldn’t have been stuck in a Wonderland jail cell for the first 4 years of our son’s life.”

“How did you even manage to get out, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“I broke out; Jefferson and I did. It wasn’t hard. After you and Cora vanished, the guards stopped caring and we managed to pick our locks and fled. We hide in Wonderland until the curse was cast and got shipped here. Jefferson and I had our memories intact, Morgan lost his. Jefferson said the only reason why we remember is because it was our curse; knowing our past lives.”

“You and Jefferson are close huh?” He asks.

“He was there for me when I needed someone the most.” I reply. Killian sighs and a look of regret and jealously. “Are you jealous of Jefferson?”

“He has your heart now, why wouldn’t I be jealous of him?” He admits, openly. “I know I messed up with you, but him; really, love?”

I can’t help but to laugh as a smile creeps onto my lips, “Jefferson and I aren’t together, Killian. He’s just a friend; I made that very clear when we got out of the jail cell. We both only see each other as a shoulder to cry on; nothing more.”

“So I’m jealous of the scarf wearing snob for nothing?” He smirks.

“He’s not a snob, he’s actually a good guy once you get to know him.” I inform him. “He’s a lot like you; both of you can be quite sassy when you want to be.”

“I’m not sassy, Hart.” He scoffs.

“Whatever you say, Killian.” I smirk before going back to wrapping Morgan’s presents…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Dreamer by Elysion

Last Christmasy chapter that'll be put in this story. Any other Xmas chapters will go in Strangeness and Charm. I thought this one belonged more in this than the side story. There is a lot of potenial for Xmas chapters with Killian; so if you have ideas feel free to request a chapter. =]

comment&subscribe? What do you think should happen next?