‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

A revelation in the light of day

I walk into my house and see Killian sitting on the couch; waiting Peter Pan for the 50th time. A sigh escapes my lips as I close the door; earning the pirates attention. “Hello Darling.” He greets with a smile. The smile fades when he notices the frown on my face. “You alright, love?”

“You’re still working for Cora, aren’t you?” I ask, there’s no reason to beat around the bush. “And before you come up with some bullshit excuse that I’ll probably believe, I followed you to the docks and saw you talking with her.”

“You followed me?” He asks as he gets up off the couch. “Didn’t you trust me?”

“I’m sure I’ve said this before but the last time I trusted a pirate I ended up in a jail cell in Wonderland.” I snap. “Was I stupid to believe you’d actually fucking change!? You have a son to think about Killian; you can’t keep going on this revenge mission you’re on.”

“Who said I was still on that mission?” He asks. “Sure I’d want nothing more than that bastard dead, but I love you and I love our son. I let the crocodile in the middle of that once, why would I want to do that again?”

“I want to trust you, but I know how cunning you can be when you’re lying.” I growl at him lowly. “Pack your stuff and get the hell out of my house.”

“What about Morgan?” He asks. “You were so worried about me leaving him.”

“He wouldn’t want to be around you if he knew you were helping to plan an attack against the town.” I explain. “I’ll say this one more time, pack your shit and get the fuck out! I don’t want to see your face again.”

“You’re not even going to give me a chance to defend myself?” He asks, in shock.

“And give you the chance to fabric another lie; not a chance Hook.” I scoff. “I’ve got a son to worry about and I’m going to protect him at all costs.”

“And that’s exactly what I’m trying to do as well.” He spits. “Cora threatened to kill you and Morgan if I didn’t work with her; I’m doing this to protect you.”

“Why should I believe you?” I ask. “You’re a master liar; you’re a pirate for Christ sakes.”

“Have I ever lied to you before?” He asks.

“Do you really want me to answer that?” I ask with a sigh. “Just get your shit together and leave.” I say before walking out of the house and towards my car. I need someone to talk to and know the only person that’ll help me out is Jefferson…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: No Light, No Light by Florence + the Machine

comment&subscribe? What do you think should happen next?

also check out my newer Captain Hook fanfic, A Siren's Call