‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

Might have known you'd be my savior,

It’s been two days since I kicked Killian out of my house and I haven’t seen him since. Morgan’s seen him a few times and he informs me that Killian is miserable, which ultimately makes me feel guilty. Morgan has been giving me the silent treatment, which I guess I deserve; I kicked out the one thing Morgan had that made him feel some what normal. Needless to say, he’s only here when he needs to be. The rest of the time, he’s either with Henry or Grace. Thankfully Jefferson lets him stay the night, much like tonight. It allows me to wallow in my self-hatred at the moment. I do something thinking I’m protecting my family, but it only results in destruction. I know I’m a horrible mom, but this is just the icing on the cake. If my mom was around, she’d certainly throw that up in my face.

Just as my waffles pop up in the toaster, my cell phone rings. A groan escapes my lips as I pick it up; not bothering looking at the caller ID. “This better be important; this is cutting into my date with the TV.”

“Hook is in the hospital.” I hear Emma’s voice say on the other line. “He was hit by a car right after he shot Belle.”

“He was ran over by a car?” I repeat, not worried about him doing any harm to Belle. I’ve already seen him attempt to kill her once before. “I-is he okay?”

“He has a few cracked ribs and a few cuts and bruises.” She replies. “The nurses have him on some morphine for the pain. H-he’s been asking for you. One of the nurses say it’s just the morphine talking but I think it’s something else.” She tells me. I lean up against the counter as I let everything sink in. “You there Maggie?” Emma asks after a couple moments of pure silence.

“I’ll be down there in twenty minutes.” I say before hanging up; not letting her get another word in. I quickly grab my keys and jacket before shoving my feet into boots then storm out of the house as worry sets in…

“You look like a mess.” Emma notes when I rush into the waiting room. “What happened to you?”

“Kicking Killian out happened.” I reply once I catch my breath. “I felt like completely shit and Morgan ignoring me didn’t make it better.” I explain. “They didn’t say parenting would be this hard.”

“Then I’m screwed.” She laughs, trying to lighten the mood. “If you can’t get a grip on it, there is no chance for me.”

“What room is he in?” I ask her just as Dr. Whale walks out.

“He’s in room 20B; he might be still passed out.” She replies. I just nod my head as I head towards the recovery rooms.

Killian

“How the hell am I suppose to eat when my good hand is shackled to the bed?” I exclaim as the nurse sets down my food and quickly leaves. I shake my head as I look down at the so called food before me. It looks worse than gruel if you ask me.

“Need help?” A female voice says, causing me to snap my head up. I look at the door way and see a very dressed down Maggie standing there; leaning up against the doorframe.

“What are you doing here?” I ask her, adverting my eyes from her. “I thought you never wanted to see me again?”

“I was angry when I said all those things, Killian.” She admits as she walks into the room, taking a seat on the edge of my bed. ‘I’ve been regretting those words since. I was just hurt and felt betrayed again. More importantly, I felt so stupid.”

“Why?” I ask her, earning a sigh.

“I trusted you again.” She replies. “I thought made this time was different, you wouldn’t let revenge come between us again. And when I saw you talking to Cora, something snapped. I felt like we were back in Wonderland again.”

“Yes when I first got here, I had revenge on my mind but when I saw you and found out I’m a father, things changed.” I admit to her. “I only stayed working with Cora because she threatened you and Morgan.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” She cries. “I was in the dark, Killian. All of this could have been avoided if you just told me.”

“I didn’t want to scare you.” I admit to her. “Or I didn’t want you to do something stupid like go after her.” She’s about to open her mouth to say something but I cut her off, “And don’t tell me you wouldn’t have gone after her. I know you Maggie, you’ll blindly go into battle to protect someone you care about and look where that got you last time.” She just sighs, knowing I’m right.

“How you feeling?” She asks, breaking the silence that’s fallen between us.

“Sore.” I admit. “Apparently I have a few cracked ribs; they’ve been giving me this thing that makes me all delirious and tired.”

“They’re giving you morphine for the pain.” She tells me. “It makes you a little loopy and tired, but it certainly works against the pain.”

“So when do you think I can be free?” I ask, causing her to sigh. “What’s wrong love?”

“You know Emma is going to lock you up once she gets the okay, right?” She asks. “You did try to kill Belle.”

“You know if I wanted to truly kill her, I would have done it.” I point out to her. “I didn’t shoot to kill.”

“I know that but Emma won’t see it like that.” She points out. “Plus I’m sure being in jail would be better for you anyway, it’ll keep Gold from trying to kill you.”

“Or she could put be in your custody.” I state, causing her to smile.

“I’m not going to be able to protect you all the time.” She points out. “But I’ll talk to Emma about it. You’ll recover better in my house than a jail cell anyway.”

“I’m really sorry about everything, Maggie.” I tell her, sincerely. “I should have told you.”

“You’re right, you should have.” She sighs. “But that’s in the past now; I’m gonna go talk to Emma about what she’s going to do with you.” She gets up off the bed and walks towards the door.

“Maggie!” I yell towards her, causing her to stop and turn towards me. “Can you help me eat? I’m starving and my only good hand is shackled to the bed.”

She just laughs as she walks back in and sits on the bed, “Don’t get use to this, Killian.” She tells me as she picks up the fork. “Because once you’re out of the hospital, I’m not feeding you again.” I just send her a cheeky grin, causing a smile to form on her own lips as she feeds me what I believe is chicken…
♠ ♠ ♠
Maggie

chapter title credit: Perfect Stranger by The Enemies

comment&subscribe? What do you want to happen next?