‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

Hurt me, be the one

”Morgan, don’t run through the house with the sword!” I yell to my ten year old as I rush to my cell phone. I look at the caller ID and see that Emma’s calling me. “You ok?” I ask, answering the phone.

“Not exactly, I need you at the docks; Gold got hurt.” She tells me.

“Hurt how?” I ask her, “shouldn't he be able to heal?”

“He was poisoned, he can’t heal.” There is distance in Emma’s voice, she’s keeping something from me. And I know exactly what it is.

“If you think keeping the fact Killian did this from me is a good idea, you’re wrong.” I inform her, “I know exactly what that pirate is capable of, so just spill it out. I’m not going to get heartbroken.”

“You don’t act surprised by this.” She notes, “did he tell you about his plan?”

“No, I just know him.” I reply, “I knew he left to go after you and I knew exactly why. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what he’s up to.”

There is yelling in the back ground followed by shuffling, “we’re at the docks now just get here.” With that she hangs up. I shove my phone in my pocket before taking off to find Morgan and my sword; just in case something happens…


It’s been an hour since I’ve drive over the town lines. My memory is still in tact, especially the memory of why I’m doing this. To get Killian out of that storage room in a city he knows nothing about. Sure I’m pretty clueless too but he’s a pirate from a storybook tale, he’s defenseless against anything in this world.

Another hour passes and my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and see Jefferon’s number coming up. “Hey,” I say answering the phone.

“Did you find him yet?” The voice of my ten year old son filters through.

“I’m not even to New York yet, honey.” I inform him. “But I will find him, I promise you this. I’ll come back with your father and everything will be ok.”

“Please don’t lie to me, Mom.” His voice is cracking.

“Morgan, I’d never lie to you.” I assure him, “I’m going to find your dad or die trying.” With that Morgan hangs up on me; no goodbye or even an “I love you.”. A sigh escapes my lips as I continue on driving. I’ve got to find him before someone else does…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Maggie

chapter title credit: Whoever Brings the Night by Nightwish.

Comment&subscribe? The story is coming to an end within the next couple chapters then it's off to Neverland.