‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

She's blinded by the fear

I arrive back in Storybrooke a couple hours later; a long couple of hours. Instead of facing my son, I try and find Emma. But she finds me instead and comes running over to me as soon as I reach Granny’s.

“Please tell me you have Hook.” She begs, “please tell me he’s not running around New York.”

“I don’t have him.” I reply, “but some else does. She walked into the storage area and took him from the cage and threw him in a moving trailer or something like that!”

Her eyes widen as she looks at me, “I don’t believe it. She’s the one that took him.”

“Who took him Emma?” I beg her, “please let me know so I can get the father of my son back. I promised Morgan I would get his father back.” Tears form in my eyes and my voice cracks with every word.

“I didn’t think it was her but I was wrong,” Emma continues to mutter on.

“Emma, who has Killian?” I beg her. “I need to know who has him. I promised my son that I’ll bring his Dad home.”

“Tamera, Neal’s fiancée.” She sighs, “I’m sorry Maggie, I’ve got my own problems to deal with.” She shoots me an apologetic smile before running off, leaving me there alone.

I guess I have to face my son alone…

**

“You promised!” Morgan cries out, “you promised you’d bring him back with you!”

“I’m sorry, someone got to him before I did,” I sigh as I try to comfort my son. He just backs away from me, a glare on his face. “Morgan, I sincerely tried to get your dad back; trust me I did.”

“You didn’t try hard enough,” he spits, “if this was you instead of dad, I’m sure he would have stopped at nothing to get you back.”

“He left me to rot in a prison,” I remind him, “he left us to rot in prison. He had no plans on coming back for us, Morgan. He wouldn’t have came back from me if I was in his place. He would continue to run…” Morgan glares at me, tears forming in his eyes before he takes off running into one of the many rooms at Jefferson’s. I know I was being harsh but he needed to hear it, that’s what I keep telling myself that is.

“He’s just hurt.” Jefferson states as he walks into the room. “He was getting attached to his dad. He really wanted you to bring him home.”

“I wish I brought him home,” I admit, “it was nice to have Killian back in my life. Trust me, if I could, I’d track him down and kill the wench that took him. But I’ve got no idea how I could do such thing. I don’t know what it’s like outside this bubble we live in.”

“I know that,” Jefferson states, “and Morgan knows that too. He’s just hurt and you’re the only person he feels he can take it out on. Don’t take it personal, Maggie.”

“It’s hard not to,” I sigh, “my son is hurting and the only person that can help him is missing. I’m helpless once again.”

“You’ll find Hook and once again your family is going to be reunited, don’t worry.” Jefferson smiles. “If anyone could do the impossible, it’ll be you.”

“You’ve always had faith in me,” I point out, “why?”

“You’re strong Maggie,” he starts, “but even you need to be reminded that dark times never last forever…”
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Drunk On Shadows by HIM

Don't understand how this story is my most popular story, subscription wise. It's been a year since I updated and this story still gets new subscriptions! I'm shocked! Thanks everyone!!!!