‹ Prequel: Take Me to Neverland.
Sequel: Strangeness and Charm

Land Ahead.

I'm trying not to think about,

Maggie

Just as I’m walking out of the room, I hear Hook’s voice. “Hart!” He roars, causing me to stop in my tracks. This means only one thing, he found out. I turn around and walk back into the room; back into Hook’s villainous glare.

“You rang, darling?” I ask, suavely as I could.

“Your son--” he says, trying to spit the words out, “ he’s mine? How?”

“You’re really that naïve, Hook?” I chuckle. “You’re a 300 year old pirate, you should clearly know how baby making happens.” He rolls his eyes in annoyance. “It happened right before we Wonderland.” I reply seriously this time.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” He asks, sounding oddly hurt.

“I found out when I was in a prison cell while you were off doing God knows what with the Queen of Hearts.” I reply. “I couldn’t exactly tell you then now could I?”

“You kept something from me!” He spits. “That’s the worst betrayal.”

“Oh don’t act like your this damned saint, Hook!” I scoff. “You kept shit from me while fucking betraying me! If you didn’t pick Stiltskin over me, you’d know about Morgan. You would have been there when he was born. We would have been a family before the curse was cast. But you chose revenge over me; over our future. Now that’s the worst betrayal.”

“You know I would stop at nothing to get my revenge on the crocodile.” He counters. “So don’t act like you didn’t see that coming.”

“I thought you cared about me, Hook!” I exclaim as tears prick at me eyes. “Maybe I was naïve to think you’d actually care about. I thought I meant something to you that night. I should have known I was just another pretty face to you.”

“I did care about you which is why I didn’t want you around me when I skinned him.” He sighs.

“But leaving me in Wonderland to rot?” I croak out. “The first years of your son’s life was spent in a fucking prison cell. I’m thankful that he doesn’t remember it. No kid deserves that.”

“It was a lot safer for you there. Cora would have killed you if I didn’t do anything she asked.” He defends his actions. “I may be many things, but I’m not the type of guy to put someone I truly care about in danger.”

“Defending your actions to me isn’t going to change anything.” I tell him after a few minutes of silence. “You’ll never be in your son’s life. I’ve shielded him from the horrors we lived by and I’m not going to allow you to toss him into the current.”

“You’re a pirate too if you have forgotten; you’re as much as a danger as I am.” He counters; sounding extremely offended.

“I’m just a girl who was foolishly in love with a pirate; nothing more.” I quietly say so he doesn’t hear my voice crack. “I’m not the one that’s hell bent and determined to kill a man. Morgan doesn’t need that kind of role model in his life.” With that I walk over to him; taking his hook out of its home. “Thanks for the talk, Hook.” I turn around and walk back out; wiping the tears away as I walk back to the Charming family.

“So did you get him to talk?” Emma asks, seeing as she’s the first to notice me.

“Yea.” I reply before taking a deep breath to keep from crying. “They got here via magic bean.”

“But the only one left was dried up and useless.” Emma explains.

“The lake has powers to revive what as been taken away. Any one of us in the fairytale world knows it.” I explain to her. “The water revived the powers and that’s how they got here.”

“You were back there awhile, what else did he say?” Charming asks.

“Let’s just say, he found out who my son’s father is.” I reply before biting my lower lip while Charming goes in the back to get Hook.

“I’m assuming he’s pissed.” Snow notes as we hear Hook swearing in the background.

“Yea; he’s very pissed. Mainly at me for keeping it from him.” I reply.

“Hook’s Morgan’s dad?” Emma asks in shock. “I’ve met the guy and spent time with him; he’s infuriatingly annoying.”

“I got to meet the Hook many people don’t get to see and I feel hopelessly in love.” I reply. “Ask Smee, I’d follow blindly into battle and did; which is why I ended up in Wonderland. I foolishly thought he’d pick me over revenge. It didn’t work like that…” A sigh escapes my lips while I watch Charming throw Killian into the open cell; locking it up before turning towards me. “Here’s his hook; use it as leverage. He won’t talk without it.” I say before handing Emma the hook. “Call me if you need anything more.”

“You can’t keep my son away from me.” Hook shouts at just as I’m about to turn away.

I turn my head and look at me, “Watch me, pirate.” I spit before leaving the police station. I get into my car and break down crying. When did I turn into this mess? I start my car and put it in drive before driving off to Jefferson’s. I’m going to need an extremely good amount of help if I’m going to keep Morgan away from Hook. And he’s one of the only guys in this town I can trust…
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Bulletproof by Kerli

Think Maggie's overreacting? Do you think she should let Killian into Morgan's life?

comment&subscribe?