Status: My First Werewolf Story. More Research To Do on The Fascinating Creatures! Did You Enjoy It? Let Me Know In A Comment?!

Boundless

Temporary Liberation

Growls of fury slapped my back as I ran.

I could hear them going at each other. The snapping of teeth ripped through the air. Something in my chest ached to turn back and help but pure fear kept me moving in the other direction.

'Get back to the Den! Run!'

I seemed to make it back to the clearing faster than I thought I would. Unfortunately that also meant that I must not have gotten far when I first ran. I spotted the shed but looked away quickly. There was no way I was going back in there. I didn't know the white wolf's capabilities, I had to find help. I moved away from the shed nearing a hill, something had to be over it.

There was a worn pathway leading upwards. I chased it, tripping over rocks as I went. My chest seemed to throb a bit more as I climbed. My human body is really out of shape. I noted, somehow finding time to roll my eyes in the midst of trouble.

There was a huge brown house sitting in the middle of the land shadowed by the moonlight. The top two levels were dark but the bottom level was lit with activity. Some of the wolves I'd seen down by the shed but there were a handful of them, varying in age, that I'd never laid eyes on. They were all scattered on the large porch at the bottom of house while some of the younger ones played animatedly tagging each other and tossing around a ball.

I barreled towards the group, panting heavily.

I went to speak but stopped short as many of them stood in a defensive manner.Every pair of eyes acessed me with open alarm. Someone gathered the younger ones and ushered them into the house. It wasn't long before the man from the room came forth. He was shadowed by the blonde woman. She held her hand to her chest in alarm.

"Blue-" she began, but she just as quickly shut her mouth as he turned and gave her what I can only assume was a warning before heading towards me..

The man towered over me, his eyes tight with fury. "Didn't I tell you never to leave the shed until-"

"Another wolf has attacked him!" I yelled out. "You have to help him!"

The man's eyes drew together and he peered deep into my eyes. I couldn't bring myself to look away. The feeling was similar to the Alpha's ability but not as potent. At the same time it felt as if he was picking my brain simply by holding my gaze. In seconds, his eyes lit up with alarm. He turned his back on me and addressed the wolves behind him. "Paxton, Wyatt, Jael, Vince, let's go."

Four males broke off from the group, three of them I'd seen before. Paxton was the brute standing in front of the female earlier that day and Jael had to be the elder wolf that stood between the Alpha and I after our "altercation".. Inwardly, I seethed at the memory of him calling me an ungrateful mutt. And third was Vince, the dirty blonde who expressed an interest in me. He was the only one who acknowledged me with his gaze as he moved after Blue's command. I didn't have to sniff to read the pure concern that echoed in his eyes. A shiver claimed my body as I inwardly questioned whether that look of open concern was for me or the sudden situation.

Blue began hurriedly scaling the path, turning back to me with a command. "You, stay here with the others."

I shook my head, moving to follow them. "But you don't even know where he is! I can help-"

He fixed me with a steely stare. "Stay here!"

I watched them all clear the path and disappear feeling nothing short of abandonment as they did.
^^^
I hated this feeling of desperation that claimed me.

The 'not knowing' was bothering me as much as it was bothering the wolves that were left behind.

I stayed clear of them all, sitting myself under a large tree that was a good distance from the house. Even so, I could still feel their emotion that came rolling off of them like small annoying currents. The women were antsy, pacing and fussing with the younger ones as well as each other. Their scent was pungent with anxiety. The males that were left behind were clearly pissed. They carried a scent of resentment with them as they marched twitchily back and forth, all of them occasionally looking over at the pathway. It was like they all were woven together and the departure of the wolves had somehow brought despair upon everyone.

Something was going on here. Something dangerous.

Either way, I wasn't supposed to feel restless. And I definitely wasn't supposed to care.

If you wouldn't have left the shed...

The words that ghosted through my thoughts were true enough. But I had no obligation to this place. These wolves had obligation to the Council and that had nothing to do with me. I had every right to leave. This was not my home.

Someone spoke softly, "Hey."

I jumped, surprised that I was so consumed with my thoughts that I didn't hear the approach. I looked up; my eyes connecting with almond shaped ones. The pixie cut haired girl stood before me, a plate wrapped in tinfoil sitting on her hands.She'd changed out of the camouflage clothing and now donned jean shorts and a tank. Her face was bare of makeup but she did wear a single, silver piercing in her nose that winked in the setting sun.

She held the plate out to me. "I thought you might be hungry."

I hadn't thought about my stomach in all the panic. It mumbled, weakly voicing its disapproval. I reached for the plate. "Thank you."

Her she blinked her long lashes and nodded. "No problem...umm..."

Her face was hesitant and expectant all at the same time. I knew that she was looking for my name. I suspected they'd all know it by morning whenever this Council guy showed up. Screw it.

I shrugged carelessly, removing the foil off the plate. "Clover."

The girl smiled widely as if she'd just won something dear to her heart. "Clover, that's a really pretty name. I'm Keeley."

I nodded, stuffing some of the food in my mouth. "Mmm-hmm."

She chuckled at my eating habits, which were no doubt, disgusting.

"Keeley! They're back!" someone called.

Keeley didn't once glance back as she quickly moved away from me towards the pathway. I followed her and my eyes met with the sight of the four men, the Alpha and the old man; the blonde woman had called Blue.

They all looked like a row of magnets, all of them meshed together, moving as one, holding Dominick up. I sat my unfinished plate aside, standing up but never leaving the tree.

I didn't need to sniff the air to see the immediate relief settle in everyone's body. The dark air that surrounded everyone instantly brightened. It seemed they all were bursting with release letting a whoosh of reprieve air their lungs.

Dominick however was looking a bit worse for wear. He had Blinked into his human form, revealing the damage he'd undergone. There was a gash on the top of his forehead and his shirt was ripped open revealing another slice across his chest. Though everyone insisted on holding him it was clear he could walk on his own, even so he slightly favored his right leg leaving room to insinuate that it was injured as well.

My stomach churned with thoughts of Grayson. Had that really been him or had my mind been in shock? The memory of the bitterness that dripped off of the black wolf sent a cold hand crawling up my back causing me to shiver. How could he...

"Pup!" roared Blue, causing me to jump out of my thoughts. I straightened up, not moving but focusing in on his intense gaze. "Clearly putting you in the shed hadn't been a good idea. It is clear that you can't handle yourself and you aren't to be trusted."

I bristled at that. "Trust? I don't know anyone here. All of you are strangers to me and quite frankly it's clear that I'm not welcomed. There is no trust."

Blue's eyes tightened at the comment. "It is in your best interest to be silent pup."

I rolled my eyes. "You want to talk best interest? Well it's in your 'best interest' to let me go."

"Silence!" he roared, causing everyone including me to jump. I nearly bubbled with laughter at how my heart sank at his boisterous command but I bit my lip instead. "You will be sleeping in the basement guestroom until tomorrow morning." Everyone broke off into cautious murmurs at that. I imagined they all were uncomfortable with the fact that the dangerous Stray would be staying so close to them. "By then Brother Samuel should have arrived. After that I need to see you in my office. Bay will be your guide."

The blonde woman stepped forward, holding her hand out for me to grab. I crossed the distance walk from the tree, leaving my plate. I felt everyone's eyes pelting into me and the scents that surrounded me were filled with curiosity, wariness, confusion and open dislike. It took but a minute for me to reach her and when I did I placed my free hand under my injured one making it clear that I didn't wish to hold her hand.

"Suit yourself, but I won't bite you know." she smiled at me before moving into the house. I reluctantly followed, not daring to look at anyone, though I could feel everyone's eyes following my departure.
^^^
Bay had showed me to my room which was nestled in the quiet of the basement. It was carpeted and fully furnished with a bedroom, vanity, spacious closet and personal bathroom.

"Feel free to use the shower." she'd said before turning to go. "Here's some clothes, they're kind of big but they'll do."

I nodded. "Thank you."

She pulled a key from the back of her jeans. "I'm sorry, but I have to lock the door after myself. Blue...doesn't think-"

I held my hand up. "It's okay, you don't have to explain."

She turned to go. I was drawn to stop her and ask her more about what was going on. After the Council recorded me what would happen? Would I really be able to leave? But I tightened my teeth and let the door shut behind her, blinking at the final click of the lock.

The shower was warm and invigorating. I watched as grime fell from my body down the drain. I ran my fingers through my hair squeezing out the dirt. I stepped out of the shower feeling clean for the first time in a long time. I stepped in front of the mirror.

The girl in front of me bore dark brown eyes and wet dirty blonde hair that desperately needed to be brushed. My lips were full and my face heart-shaped, angling into my chin. I was pretty at best with my long lashes and high cheekbones. Nothing about me screamed wild or vicious yet they'd all labeled me those very things. I tossed my hair to the side and braided it into one neat braid knowing from my past humane experience that it'd be a tangled mess by morning if I didn't.

I slipped the loose clothes over my wet body and slid onto the bed not bothering to pull the covers over my body.

Seconds after my lashes touched my cheeks, I drifted into a yawning slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: This was very short guys as I’ve been away from this story for a week and I’m therefore a little lost. But I think I found my way with this chapter. Unfortunately this isn’t edited so sorry for any grammatical errors. Okay enough disclaimers! Go! Read! Enjoy!