Status: My First Werewolf Story. More Research To Do on The Fascinating Creatures! Did You Enjoy It? Let Me Know In A Comment?!

Boundless

Stay

Warmth eased into my thighs as I slid atop the trunk of the car.

I crossed my legs at the ankles and watched Vince pour over the map that he had sat across the car’s front hood some time ago. His eyes were intensely focused on the red marker lines that soared across the map. I pulled my eyes away from Vince and set upon watching Dominick. He was across the diner lot pacing. We arrived at the diner over thirty minutes ago when Vince made it clear, much to Dominick’s dismay that we needed to stop because he needed some time to look over the map.
Dominick’s body was tense as he paced the graying gravel. If my ears weren’t deceiving me, which wolves ears never do, Dominick was having an intense conversation with Blue. I tried to listen in on half of it but Dominick was talking in such severe discretion that eventually I gave up.

Dominick was walking better. The limp in his leg had become more of a casual lean and the color in his face had returned. I’d even saw him remove the small strips of bandages from his head to reveal a closed up injury. He was healing incredibly fast and I couldn’t work up the nerve to ask how that was even possible. I glanced down at my own bandaged arm. I had been fighting hard not to dig my fingers underneath the cloth. My arm had began to itch right before we set out from the Den. Dr. Ross had offered to redress it but I declined as I was too busy fighting Dominick.
I inwardly growled at the remembrance of Dominick’s hands on me.

((“Try me.” I growled.
Everyone had stopped moving and focused in on our exchange. Bay reached out to grab a hold of Dominick’s arm but he shook her off.
“Dominick,” Blue warned.
Dominick ignored him, trampling off the porch, towards me, his teeth tight. I briefly wondered how he was able to move that fast given his injured state, before I braced myself against his touch.
As soon as his hands landed on my arm I reached my hand back and slapped him across his face. Fury swelled in his eyes and he lunged for me. I countered with a fist to his jaw.
“You're only making things harder than they need to be!” He growled.
“Stay away from me!” I snarled back
His hands wrapped around my arms and heaved me on top of his shoulders. I violently wriggled my body against his hold, my arms and legs flailing as I tried to shake him to no avail.
“Get off of me!” I screamed.
“There’s no way in hell I’m letting you go.” He growled. “Vince! The door!”
I struggled harder against his hold, grunting with full on exertion but none of it benefited my position. Before I knew it I was being thrown into the hot, vinyl backseats of the car and the door was being slammed on my face. The car doors locked accompanied by a tiny 'chirp'.
“Asshole!” I screamed in the quiet of the car.
Dominick barely glanced at me. “This asshole is saving your life.” He turned to Vince, “I’m coming with you.”
Vince nodded, not objecting in anyway. He turned his gaze toward me, peering at me through the window. His eyes were filled with a silent apology. I turned my back on him, crossing my arms in as much defiance as I could muster up without nudging my injured arm.))

“You okay?”
I blinked out of my reverie, my eyes focusing in on Vince. He stood before me, his shirt blowing in the slight summer breeze. I glanced up at the dulling sky. The sky would be dipping into a cocoon full of complete darkness in another hour or so. Our only light would be the eyeball of the moon staring down on us with bright superiority.
“It’s going to be dark soon.”
Vince glanced up at the sky. “We have a little time. Are you hungry?”
I shook my head, looking away from him. “I’m okay.”
He stepped in front of my vision. “You sure you’re okay?”
"Are you always this persistent?” I bit out. “I said I’m fine.”
Vince held his hands up in mock surrender, placing his back against the back door of the car. He leaned his head against the roof and placed his hands in his pockets. I couldn’t stop myself from watching the end of the day sunlight caress the side of his face. “You know, it must get lonely up there.”
I sighed in annoyance. “What the hell are you talking about?” He slightly turned to me, reaching his hand up, I jerked back. “What are you doing?”
Vince shook his head, a smirk forming on his lips. “Your hair, it’s…”
I zoned in on the piece of hair sticking out from the mass of tousled strands. I tucked it away.
Vince settled back against the car. “In your mind.”
I sighed with irritation. “You know, if what you’re saying is of some importance, you might want to stop talking in code and say what it is you want to say before I zone out.”
“I was talking about your mind. It must get lonely, thinking and never talking, like you do.”
I looked away from him. My eyes watching the sky for the day’s descent. “There’s a reason we were given two ears and one mouth.”
I felt his eyes land on my face as he looked over at me. “Yeah, that’s somewhat true, but, ‘there is no greater index of character so sure as the voice’.”
I rolled my eyes. “Part wolf, part philosopher, who would have thought?”
Vince chuckled. “I’m simply saying that there’s no harm in saying what’s on your mind.”
I gave a dry laugh. “Do you really want to know what’s on my mind right now?”
Vince shrugged, a small smile stealing his lips. “Why not?”
“I want you to stop talking. I growled, sliding off the car. “Preferably now rather than later. ”
Vince opened his mouth to speak but stopped as Dominick had begun to make his way back over to us.
“We need to set up camp for the night.” Dominick said, as he neared us.
Vince gestured towards the phone. “Is Blue a bit antsy?”
Dominick slid the phone into his pocket and nodded. “There’s that and to tell you the truth, I could use some rest.”
Vince nodded. “It’s not too late to go back Dominick. I mean if you’re feeling tired we could—”
“I’m fine.” Dominick said firmly. “Let’s just find somewhere to sleep tonight.”
Unfazed by Dominick’s objection, Vince went back over the map and began to scale it once more.
I rubbed my hand lightly over my bandage, fighting the urge to rip it off.
“It’s probably healed by now.” Dominick said.
“What?” I asked, my eyebrows drawing together in confusion.
Dominick sighed as if repeating himself was such a chore. “Your arm, it’s probably healed by now.”
I unfolded my arm, testing it little by little to see how far I could stretch it before pain would come forth again. Amazingly I was able to stretch it all the way out and feel nothing.
Gently I unfolded the tucked part of the bandage and unraveled it until there was nothing constricting my arm anymore. The open gash was gone and there was only a thin, pink line in its place. I ran my fingers over the line, experiencing only a slight tenderness. I was in nothing short of awe.
“We heal exceptionally well,” Dominick commented.
I looked up, finding his face. “We?”
Dominick nodded. “Yes, we, as in wolves.”
Vince motioned for Dominick to come over. “We have two options,” he pointed to two different points on the map. “We either grab a room over at Winchester motel and that means more people and attention or,” he slid his finger to the other point on the map, “we camp out on these empty grounds until morning.”
Dominick nodded his head, seemingly pondering the options. “She hasn’t Changed in two days, she may get antsy in the middle of the night so a room is no good.”
“I’ll be fine.” I interjected.
Dominick shook his head, pinning me with his gaze. “Now that you’re healed you more than likely have energy stored up, we can’t risk it.”
“Meaning?”
Dominick sighed, wiping his hand over his face. “Meaning you may need to hunt or run it off. You’re a wolf, kid. We need to release energy every day, just like dogs.”
Vince combed his hand through his hair. “So the empty grounds then?”
“Yes, we’ll sleep on the forest floor.” They both swung their heads towards me. “You okay with that?”
“Does it really matter if I’m okay with it.” I opened the back door of the car and slid in.

My eyes shot open in the dark.
I couldn’t sleep.
Not when that sense of 'restlessness' poured over me in relentless waves.
The moon had long ago climbed into the sky. It stared back at me, unblinking and as awake as I was. My legs were so intolerant of lying still as well as the rest of my body. I sat up, pushing the blankets that Vince had given me off and standing.
My boots crunched on the sticks of the forest floor as I edged away from the two men sleeping near my own pile of covers.
Vince looked so peaceful with his lifeless hand lying over his eyes and his legs parted while Dominick lay against the foot of a tree, his arms crossed with a gentle frown displayed against his features.
Even in his sleep he was serious.
I gazed up at the moon once more and it’s beckoning could not be denied.
I had to run.
Before I could bat my lashes my hands had become paws digging against the dirt. My heart smiled as I pointed my nose towards the night sky and breathed in the forest air.
This is more like it. I surmised as I flexed my four legs listening for the pleasurable 'crack' of my bones settling into their intended places. An excited 'yip' sounded from my jaws and I was off.
My paws scrapped against the forest floor and the still night air blew against my fur. I ducked my head to gain more momentum. My tongue lolled out of my mouth in pure bliss and I ran. The 'restlessness' inside of me had burst and filled every inch of my body, energizing me. I dodged trees and jumped over a stray branch while breathing in the sharp air.
It felt like hours before I finally settled at the edge of a clearing. There were no trees, only a massive field to which nobody had claimed. With my chest heaving and my ears alert I tilted my nose to the sky and gathered wind in my stomach letting out a freeing 'howl'.
I settled on my stomach, turning onto my back and rubbing my fur into the dirt. A deep sigh escaped my nostrils.
I had missed this freedom.
There was no one around….I could just run and never look back…

'Somebody’s enjoying themselves.'
I rolled over off my back and landed on my feet emitting a growl at the sudden intrusion.
My eyes focused in on the white fur that stood behind me, his direct blue eyes targeting my own.
Dominick.
'Ever heard of privacy asshole?'
Dominick’s wolf gave a soft bristle. 'I’m not going to tolerate you calling me ‘asshole’ for too much longer pup.'
I turned from him, setting on my hind legs and facing the moon’s confident shine. It wasn’t long before Dominick settled beside me, still standing on all fours. I felt the small flutter of puzzlement secrete off of him.
'You know, they say the moon has a hold of us, it’s the reason we sometimes become eager at night.' Dominick projected, his head tilted towards the moon.
I knew exactly what he meant. Every time the moon rose a warmth spread across my chest. There was always a want to run.
'How long before we’re there?' I asked, thinking about this whole “Summoned” situation. I was making this journey blindly and unwillingly.
'That depends on Vince’s routing.'
I inwardly nodded.
A wave of that same puzzlement lifted from Dominick again and this time I addressed it. 'I’m assuming as an Alpha you’re not one to hold your tongue,'
'No…I’m not.' He looked away, towards the field.
'Well then, seeing as how I gave Vince a question pass earlier, it’s only fair if I give you one. Ask away.;
A small wave of surprise fell from Dominick accompanied by his head drawing back to look at me. 'Being civil are we?'
'Don’t push your luck, this is me being kind.'
Dominick sat back on his hind legs, a breath pushing through his snout as he seemingly prepared himself to ask the question. I braced myself against the sudden tension that claimed his body causing me to stiffen as well.
'That night… you knew the Rogue. How?'
Immediately, I closed myself off from him, only allowing the smell of irritation to flow from me while concealing all other emotions. I did know Grayson, but after finding out what an actual Rogue was it was safe to assume that telling anyone that I knew him wasn’t a good call.
'That Rogue was going to attack me as well, clearly I don’t know him.'
Dominick bristled at this. 'I felt your wolves recognize each other. The connection was full of his animosity and your fear. You two have met before—'
'No. We haven’t.' My tone was conclusive, telling that I wasn’t interested in finishing this conversation.
Dominick barked at the finality in my pitch, his Alpha taking root in our conversation. 'It is imperative that you tell me the truth, pup.'
I nearly cowered at the suddenness of his authority. 'I don’t know him!'
A deep growl burst from Dominick and this time I did cower, placing my tail between my legs and letting my stomach kiss the ground. 'The exchange you two had…I know I am not mistaken! You are to tell me how you know the Rogue!'
Submissively, I flattened myself all the way to the ground and flinched away from his projection. My wolf whined and inwardly pushed me to tell the truth. But I clamped my jaws down in refusal and locked down my projection, saying nothing more to him.
Immediately he moved in on me, clamping his teeth on my neck, sending a sliver of pain through me. 'I order you.'
Those three words unlocked the control I had on myself, I had to tell him something…anything to get him away from me.
'Dominick!'
There was a new projection, this voice was very familiar though I had never heard it in a projection before.
'Do you question me, Vince?'
Vince’s projection wasn’t threatening but it had a potent taste of anger to it.
'As my Alpha, I will never question you. I will only ask you to release her.'
'Yes, I am your Alpha and it is my job to protect the pack. That Rogue was alone but he more than likely is in good company with other Rogues. If she has information that can give us an advantage—'
'I told you I don’t know anything.' I projected, accompanied by another whine.
'She said she doesn’t know anything.' Vince reiterated. Even in my fear I could feel the want to protect coming off of him. In the moment I was glad but a male wanting to protect me was unusual and I inwardly detested it. 'It;s late. Please, release her.'
It felt as if minutes passed by before the Dominick’s Alpha command lifted from me and I was able control myself again. I stood slightly, my tail still between my legs. I hated my wolf for cowering against Dominick. He was nothing but a big bully. I didn’t belong to his pack and I didn’t have to answer him.
I let my eyes trail over Vince’s dark brown and even fur. My wolf locked eyes with Vince’s anxious green ones. A small lilt began in my chest at the sight of him in his wolf form. I knew my wolf was very, and might I add, overly appreciative of him at the moment.
Dominick slowly walked to stand snout to snout with Vince. There was tension between them and I took two steps back to dodge the wave of pressure they shared. Both of their stances were heightened and their gazes leveled. Though Vince clearly wasn’t challenging Dominick, there was still a sense of disagreement between the two.
'I am the Alpha, Vince. You’d do well to remember that.'
And with that Dominick strode off back towards the woods, his tail pointed in the air underlining his superiority.
I focused back in on Vince. 'Thank you.'
Vince turned from me, the 'concerned' smell was gone and only a small hint of 'disapproval' came from him.
'If you know something, you'd do well to tell us. Everyone isn’t going to spare you.'

I watched as he turned towards the woods too.

I looked back towards the field.

I could just run…run and hope like hell they didn’t follow.

'Stay'. My wolf whined. 'Stay'.

And her pull was so strong, I listened.

I turned my head back towards the woods and trotted after the smell of the male wolves.

Camp wasn’t that far away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's Another Chapter Guys! It's Slow But I Promise That They'll Be Progression in Certain "Relationships" and More ACTION in the next Update. STAY TUNED!

These Represent Flashbacks = (( ))