The Dark Assassin

The escape and chase

Chrisitanna smiled under her shadow black hood as she kicked her heels into her steed which sped across the stone bridge, she had done it, without fault. Her smile wavered then, well almost without fault, if it wasnt him then ... then she would get away, but she knew him and he knew her, she knew he wouldnt say anything. Or would he? She last saw him ten years ago, they were both seven then, alot has changed. She considered riding back to go and silence him.
"No," she muttered, "Not now, I cant go back,"
Her horse then flew underneath the cover of the forest opposite the castle, jolting Christianna out of her thoughs as she had to keep focus so she didnt get knocked of by a low branch or the animal charging off any cliffs or into any bogs.

Christianna rode the whole night through, she could hear the panting of her horse, his chest rising and dropping heavily, she knew he was a good steed, one of the best, but she also knew his limits. He had carried her a good distance so as the first glimpses of sunlight came through the thick canopy Christianna reigned her horse to a halt. She then jumped off his back and then stroked him.
"Well done Midnight, you did good," she then offered him an apple which he crunched on as Christianna removed his saddle and his reigns. Christianna then picked a decent sized tree and halled all her thing into it, and she made a little tree camp, she then dropped to the ground and listened, Midnight just watched her with intellegent eyes, not making a sound, Christianna then pushed through some bushes and walked down a small hill and found a little stream, she knelt down and cupped the water in her hands, taking a drink, seconds later Midnight was beside her gulping down the water, she patted his side and then walked back to the tree with her things in and climbed back up, she then pulled an apple out of her saddle bags, this one was for herself and she ate it quickly, Midnight had come back and was laying down by the base of the tree.
"Get some rest Midnight, we have a long ride tomorrow," Christianna called down
Midnight just neighed his reply and then Christianna laid back in the tree and closed her eyes, sucombing to the tiredness she felt as the last of her adrenaline had waned.

X

Once everything was taken care of, the family of the castle had been lain in their graves, and all the soldiers and servents who had formally worked at the castle had been dismissed, Adam ran around to the back of the castle, which faced the glistening sea in somber light of the sun rising, and with careful speed clambered down the hidden path to the cave that was below the castle. Adam cautiously entered the cave, he went up to the giant white bird that was happily sleeping there and he called its name.
"Ariel ... Ariel, wake up Areil!"
The bird opened one of its glossy blue eye and chirped, it then managed to stand up and eyed Adam carefully.
"Come Ariel, we have a chase to do, I must find her, I cant loose her again,"
Ariel cocked her avian head looking at Adam
"Yes I mean Christianna, you where just a hatchling when we found you remember,"
Ariel chirped again as if in answer, she then bowed her head as Adam slipped her harness over her head and stretched her wings as far as the cave would allow, letting Adam secure the harness around her wings and body. When Adam was satisfied with his work he climbed onto her back holding onto the handlebar at the top of the harness.
"Go Ariel, Fly!" he shouted
Ariel then hopped forward along the cave floor and then launched herself out off the caves ledge diving, plummeting to the sea below. Then with a mighty crack of her wings she soared up into the sky. Adam gently tugged on the handlebar getting Ariel to circle around to fly over the castle and then over the forest, against the white of the clouded sky Ariel appeared to be invisible for all those below.
"Ariel steady out and be gentle" Adam said, Ariel did as comanded and when Adam believed Ariel was steady enough he sat up and ajusted the goggles that where on his head so they came over his eyes and magnified his vision, he then leaned back in close to Ariels neck and surveyed the landscape below.
"We are looking for a black horse and a dark rider Ariel, find them if you can,"
Ariel replied with a light chirp and then sored over the forest.
♠ ♠ ♠
There thats chapter two, please do comment / read / subscribe and all :)
Do you think Adam with find Christianna? And whats the relationship they share? Keep reading to find out more :P