Status: This is my first offical published piece, so go easy on me

Manipulator

Chapter 10

"What will I do?" I inquire, "What will happen to Dustin and Hannah?" A knock at the door made Leslie look up, but I'm the one who got the door.
Mr. Ourdous stands in the doorway, a wicked grin caressing his scary face. "I'm here to take Ms. Isabel away." He announces, reaching for my arm. I pull away from his grasp.
"What are you talking about?" I demand, the old creep glares at me, but it doesn't faze me much.
"As you are a minor without a guardian, you will come to my orphanage." He explains his voice surprisingly calm. I remember a paper I'd slipped into my bag.
"On the will, it says I go to the Dawn family, until the age of 18." I retort, and he sure looks surprised.
"There-there is no will!" He yells. I pull out a paper, on the top is written "The last Will and Testament of Janice and Luke Dawson". I read a single part out loud.
"Is the event that Isabel becomes an orphan, she will stay with the Dawn family, our friends, until she's turned 18. Dustin and Hannah will stay with them as well, unless they are physically abused, until Isabel can take care of them in her own home." I read above and my eyes grow wide. "It says here that Dustin and Hannah are already my charges."
Mr. Ourdous is taken back. "WH-what?!" I read aloud "Dustin and Hannah are Isabel's charges, once she turns 16. If Sam Ourdous does not comply, Isabel is allowed to take this to a court of law." I suddenly realize something. Dan was OCD. He couldn't stand a mess, so that meant someone killed him looking for something. Mr. Ourdous grabs my wrist, with the tattoo, and stares at it, mesmerized.
He seems confused. "The Kommandant wants you?" I take my hand out of his grip, and then register what he said. He must be L.D, I scream in my mind. I run out of the house, sprinting to the orphanage to save my baby siblings. Using the storm drains, I reach my neighborhood, where I dash past everything, leaping over cars driving to reach them in time.
As I came to the old creepy house, I kick down the door. "Hannah! Dustin!" I yell. I get a muffled response from the dining hall. I nearly rip the door of the wall to get in, and see Hannah and Dustin tied together, cloths tied around their mouths. I grab them as they are and run upstairs. I ungag them, and they told me what happened in a panicked way.
"There were men in black suits!" Hannah cries, "They asked where you were!"
Dustin notices the tattoo. "You got a tattoo? Dad said no tattoos!"
I look at them compassionately. "Those men kidnapped me and hurt me very badly." I explain. Surprisingly, they believe me. I hear people coming up the stairs. I see the only way out. "Hold on for dear life." I order. I rise, two kids on my back, and charge the stain glass window at the end of the hall. Covering my face, I hit the glass and shatter it everywhere. I land in a tree, drop down and run. Pulling out my cell, I text Sorrin out of desperation, "help! Meet me at my plas hury!" I take them into my tree house, and wait silently for Sorrin to come and get us. The golden SUV appears quickly, and Sorrin jumps out, looking for us. I watch as his body disintegrates, He reappears next to Hannah, holding her sweetly.
"Hi." He says plainly, "I'm here to help." He touches Dustin, who's holding my arm. Sorrin looks sadly at me, apologetically. I move over by his, and wrap my arms around him.
"I'm ready for it." I hope. I think, trying to stay positive. As we begin to disintegrate, I feel so cold. I can feel his arm around me, but I can't see anything. We all reappear down in his car's back seat. I buckle Dustin and Hannah together, since they're both 5. Sorrin and I sit in the front seats, but I don't say much. He gives me sad side looks, like he's afraid I'll get mad at him.
"I," I can't find the words to tell him its okay. "I forgive you." He gives the car the order to drive straight to Ryan's, then looks at me.
"I should be apologizing," he admits, "I made you feel uncomfortable. That was wrong."
I place my hand on his, "you made me feel special, Sorrin. You just went a little fast." I give him a gentle smile, and then I sigh and look out my window. "What are people like us called?" I ask.
"Well, the Germans called us 'Stromversorgung', meaning 'power source'." Sorrin tells me. My arm suddenly hurts, and I yelp. "What?" I discover a shard of gold glass in my upper arm.
"Must've come from the window." I suggest. Then I explain to Sorrin what happened at the orphanage. The car slows, and I head into the back to get my siblings out. Sorrin helps me unload the little children. They ran to Leslie and Charles (Mr. Dawn's first name), but Sorrin held me back for a second.
"What?" I ask.
"Um, when we're alone," Sorrin stutters a bit, "you make me feel free. That's why I act that way." I smile at his confession.
"Do me one favor?" I plead. "Anything." "Never tell Ryan that we've kissed, and never kiss me in front of him."
Sorrin laughs. "That was two favors." I pout a little, and he agrees. I walk back into the house and Ryan runs over and hugs me. I blush when he lets go.
"I have something to show you!" He takes my hand in his and pulls me to a bedroom. When I enter, there is a gorgeous gold dress laying on the bed. Its skirt could easily reached my feet, and its sleeves were in the cap style. Next to them, there sat a pair of black flat dress shoes. My can feel my eyes widen in wonder. I turn and bear-hug Ryan.
"Thank you." I whisper in his ear. I then turn him around and push him out of the way of the door. I quickly dress in the gown, and then look in the mirror. I look like I'm rich, but I worry about the tattoo. I look in a drawer and find silver gauntlets, large enough to hide my mark. The dress shows no cleavage, so I know my father would be happy.