Status: This is my first offical published piece, so go easy on me

Manipulator

Chapter 12

The next day in school, Sorrin won't talk to me, and everyone is talking Ryan and me. No one will listen to me when I say that Ryan and I aren't together. During lunch, I decide to go talk to Sorrin about it. I see Sorrin sitting by himself, but when I sit by him, he glares at me.
"Tell me what I did, Sorrin." I demand. Sorrin is obviously trying to ignore me, but he fails.
He sighs sadly. "We had something and you…"He pauses before continuing "you threw it away."
I feel hurt by his words, "yes, we DO have something." I put my hand on his back. "But that shouldn't stop me from finding others who also share that feeling with me."
Sorrin stands without another word, and leaves me by myself. I get up and go outside, to my fountain. As soon as I am seating, Elizabeth storms over to me angrily.
"You're Ryan's girl!?" She sounds pretty angry. I shake my head, but she doesn't listen and pushes me into the water. She and her friends laugh at me, which leads everyone to laugh at me. That really gets me mad. Ryan sees me, and he comes over to help me. I reject his help, and start to see blue. Everyone comes outside to see what's going on, and Sorrin comes to the front.
"You dare to laugh at The Manipulator!" I bellow, my blue lines surrounding the entire school. "Laugh at this." The school changes into an Aztecan temple, and I imagine myself as a ferocious monster I'd studied; Quetzalcoatl.
~CHANGE-NARRATOR~
Ryan and Sorrin saw Isabel physically transform, and quickly began to get people out of the school. The feathered serpent god shot fire at the courtyard, making the people dance. Many people were fleeing to the building, but Sorrin and Ryan dragged them back out. They'd only just gotten out themselves when the god of fire coiled its body around the temple and crushed it, killing hundreds of students.
~CHANGE-ISABEL~
As I descend, the scene returns to normal, except for the crushed school building and various limbs. Tears emerge and I run from that place, so no one would hurt me.
Sorrin's SUV comes up next to me. "Get in," Sorrin growls, "Now." I climb in and Sorrin floors it. Ryan looks at me with sadness polling in his eyes.
"I know, I know." I cry as I talk, "I'm a terrible person. I just killed half of the student body, and now L.D has a stronger lead on me, I get it." I start to sob. No one will listen to me anyway.
"That's not true, Is." Ryan suddenly says.
"What?"
"That no one listens to you." My eyes widen.
"You…can…"
"Read minds, yes." Ryan gives me that "really?" look. "Why do you think my parents are so protective of me?"
"You're like Sorrin and I." I breathe. "A Stromversorgung." He nods. I turn my head to the window. I empty my mind, trying to think of anything happy. But my live is basically over. Maybe being with the Kommandant wouldn't be so bad, I think, purposely wanting Ryan to flip out. It works.
"Are you kidding me!? That's a suicide thought!" Ryan yells. "Sorrin, she's having suicide thoughts!"
"What!?" Sorrin hollers at me. He makes the car drive itself then turns to Ryan. "What is she thinking!?"
Ryan looks panicked. "She was thinking it'd be better to be with the Kommandant!" Sorrin looks ready to strangle me. He orders the car to stop, and it lurches to a halt. I hit my head on the dash board, and get a nice cut. As my life's blood dribbles down my face, I calmly exit the vehicle. I begin to walk when stars enter my vision. I hold my head where it hurts, and continue. Ryan comes out after me, but I don't care. "Where're you going?"
"Home."
Ryan seems a little happy with that. "We'll drive you…"
"I'm going to my tree house." "Oh" He replies, now sad. He tries to grab my hand but I pull it away.
"You knew I kissed Sorrin, didn't you?" I ask, hoping he'll be surprised. But he isn't. He nods. I just keep walking at that point. Nothing he says gets me to turn around, gets me to turn away from the storm drain labyrinth I was about to enter. Once I out of the first storm drain, I collapse, from the dizziness. A figure comes near
"Help." I weakly whisper before I close my eyes.