Status: This is my first offical published piece, so go easy on me

Manipulator

Chapter 13

I wake up in the old church my parents would visit. Since my parents left, I'd heard so many rumors about the Mormons that I couldn't go in. I look to see a man sitting next to me, his arms folded and his head bowed. His lips move wordlessly, and his eyes stay closed.
"Um, sir?" He opens his eyes, and sliver pools around his black pupils.
He looks at me, with a genuine kindness. "You should be more careful, Commander Herz." I realize what he's talking about.
"You're…you're…" He chuckles as I stutter,
"No, I'm not a part of Leistung Dieb." He smiles reassuringly. "I'm Kevin Talce." I smile weakly, "And I must assume you're Isabel Dawson." My eyes widen.
"How did you know?" I inquire, truly amazed. My mind thinks he might also be Stromversorgung.
"I am a part of a special group, meant to protect Netzteile," He smiles at my confusion on Germen words, "better known as Stromversorgung." I only nod. I look around the chapel hall, and he seems to get the idea. "The Mormons aren't a cult." I look at him puzzled, but the doesn't say another word on the matter. He stands up and leaves the pew we're sitting in. "I called Leslie and Charles. They'll be here shortly." He informs me as he walks out. I crawl under the wooden benches, so no one can find me. I hear voices, and I sit still, curled up in a ball. I hear a man and a woman's voice, calling my name.
"Leslie?" I yell. The people come into the chapel. I peek out to see Charles, looking in the pew next to me. I crawl out. And get an unexpected hug.
"We've been so worried." Leslie purrs. "We thought…Ryan told us…"
I shake my head. "I'm going home." I tell them, jumping over the pews. I walk out of the condemned church and takeoff, running to the storm drains. I can hear Charles chasing me and I dive into the nearest storm drain and crawl for it. After an hour of diving and speed crawling, I come to my old neighborhood. Some boys are hanging around the playground, mourning the loss of others. They see me and chase me, throwing stones until I'm out of reach.
Once I get to my old house, I start to cry. My tree house has been knocked down. I run over to the wreckage, and a note sits there. "This never would've happened if you'd stayed with the Kommandant". I start looking for the picture of my daddy, but I can't find it anywhere. I drop to my knees. "This is my fault." I whisper to myself. "I should never have left." Tears come again and by the time the Dawns arrive, I look like I've gone insane, talking to myself.
"Stop." I hear Sorrin, but I can't. I glare at him.
I stand up and shove him. "You try to stop crying when everything has gone wrong!" I scream at him, "My home is gone, I'll be stoned to death by anyone I ever knew, TRY being me for one day and NOT cry when your life is taken from you!" My body starts to tremble, and Charles gets me into the SUV. I hug my knees close to my chest, and I just ignore anything anyone says to me. Once we get to Ryan's home, I just go up to the room I've been staying in. I just curl up, clinging to the nothingness around me. As I rest, I can feel someone in my mind. I fill it with the sorrow I feel, so Ryan will understand my pain. I sleep with my broken heart, and a strange voice comes in my mind "Come to me, Isabel. Come to the Kommandant."