Status: This is my first offical published piece, so go easy on me

Manipulator

Chapter 14

As I dream, I can't help but feel safe. I'm walking in a large mansion, free range, no being locked up. I walk towards a bed chamber, and there rests a drop-dead gorgeous guy resting on a beautiful king-sized bed. I climb onto the bed and kiss him. He wakes up from his nap and gives me a genuine smile as he pulls me closer to him. For a moment he looks like Sorrin, except his smile isn't halfway insane. "Now aren't you happy here, Commander Hertz?" He asks smiling when the kiss breaks.
"Yes." I answer. I register who he is, and I get up and run. As I reach the doors, guards recapture me and bring me to an older man, very cold.
"No escape, miss." He says, "Take her to the dungeon." I'm dragged down into a cold damp cellar and locked into a cage.
I wake up then. I quickly get dressed in jean shorts and a cameo tee. I run downstairs, to see Leslie cooking breakfast. She turns, almost surprised to see me up this early. "Is, good morning." She smiles. "Want some eggs?" "No, thank you." She looks into my eyes and must see my panic. "Is everything ok?"
"I need to train with some sort of weapon." I tell her about the dream, and she looks as worried as I feel. "Something light-weight and easy to hid."
"Hmm, light weight, easily concealed…" Leslie taps her chin thoughtfully. "Maybe knives, but…"
"Yes." I agree to the knives, but Leslie looks a little worried. "Are you sure, sweetie?" "Yes, knives never run out of power!" She shrugs and takes me to her closet. All I see are dresses, until she hits a button in the back. Assortments of weapons reveal themselves to me, katanas, guns, and most importantly, knives. I see a beautiful knife, a glinting blade and an ebony hilt, a decorative snake winding up the handle. Charles comes in and sees me ogling the dagger, and he smiles.
"Go ahead," He says, "take it." I carefully pick it up, as though I'm afraid something will happen. As I look at the blade, I swear I see the snake move. I see more daggers like the serpent; a tiger, a lion, a bear, and a crocodile. I realize there is a dagger holder. I looked at Charles, asking if I could have the others as well. He nods and I sheathed each one and grab them.
"Where do I go to practice?" I inquire, and Charles takes me to a secret training area under the house. I start with throwing the knives at a target. I'm actually good with throwing knives. My results on speed and agility also surprised me; I could be a ninja. I smile, no one can sneak up on me now. I hide knives in my jacket and strapped to my leg, so I can grab them fast.
A couple nights later, the Kommandant reenters my dreams. I'm in my imprisonment, and the boy who I'd kissed comes down into the cellar where I'm locked up. He frees me and sneaks me out of the house.
"Run Isabel." He calls as I sprint away. "Don't trust the orphans at Ourdous's orphanage!" I wake to find Sorrin above me, hovering like he was trying to protect me from something. I notice a tattoo on his forearm, one that makes me worried, as I've seen that tattoo before, on the scientists at the L.D lab; a rose bud with thorned vines surrounding it.
"Leistung Dieb." I whisper, but his eyes tell me nothing. "You're a soldier in Leistung Dieb."