Status: This is my first offical published piece, so go easy on me

Manipulator

Chapter 8

When I wake again, I'm in a car. I try to see the driver, but now it hurts to move at all. Breathing brings relief and pain, but I don't stop because I hurt.
Sorrin looks at my from the passenger seat. "This is why you listen to me, Is." He turns back to the front.
"Sorrin?" He looks back over at me, "Who's driving?"
"I told you she'd ask that." I recognize Ryan. I'm about to say hi when he continues, "What were you doing in my neighborhood?" I explain about the text, and he hums thoughtfully.
I look back at Sorrin. He's vanished, right in front of my eyes. I think in wonder. He's like me. The car slows and Ryan takes out the keys. Both Sorrin and Ryan get out and help move my out of the little car, and Ryan carries me into his huge white house. Sorrin opens the door for us, and Ryan's mother comes into the large room.
"Welcome home…" She loses her kind smile, "sweetie…Oh, Charles, get in here!" She yells. Her husband runs into the room, sees me and looks at his wife. They both nod and Mrs. Dawn walks over to me. She sees the rose and sword tattoo, and takes me in her arms. For her nimble looking frame, the woman is quite strong. She carries me bride style to the den, with her husband and the boys in tow. She types something into her computer and the entire room rearranges itself, to look like a doctor's office. She places my onto the table, and puts a breathing mask on my mouth and nose.
"It won't knock you out yet," She reassures me. "Just relax while I get ready." She pushes the boys out of the room, and gets on doctor apparel. Once Dr. Dawn hits a button, I slowly begin to fall asleep.
Upon waking up, I was surrounded by the Dawn family plus one. I sit up, but quickly get dizzy and lay back down. "What's up?" I ask. I break a weak smile, which receives many smiles from my friends. I look at Mr. and Mrs. Dawn. "Do you recognize this symbol?" I pointed to the rose and swords. Ryan looks at it worriedly.
His mother nods sadly. "Yes, that is the symbol of the Leistung Dieb, a secret society created during WWII in Germany." She looks to her husband, and he continues, "Hitler wanted to take mystic power from any soldiers, so he could be invincible. People were vanishing when Leistung Dieb was in power."
I let that sink in; I've been kidnapped by Hitler's insane scientists. Then onto my next question, "Do they normally tattoo their victim?" Ryan shakes his head.
"They only tattoo the ones Kommandant meant to wed." Ryan snarls at the idea. I feel like I'm about to puke. I slowly sit up and slide out of the bed, my legs burning angrily, but I don't care. I make myself stand, but Mr. Dawn puts me back into my bed. He and his wife leave, followed by Ryan. Only Sorrin stays with me.
He wraps his arm around me, like back in the L.D's lab. We find each other in the same position, him wanting to kiss me. Only this time, there is no distraction. As his lips touch mine, a strange warmth flows inside me. As we break, he smiles. "Thanks." He whispers, as we kiss again. I wrap my arms around his neck as his arm braces me to his body. My only fear is that Ryan will come in and see us, but it melts away in the warmth of our strange love.