Status: a c t i v e

Give Me Your Heart and Your Hand and We Can Run.

You hold my attention without even trying.

(Jaime's p.o.v)

It was sudden, igniting an unknown spark within me before quickly ceasing.

Vic pulled away after letting our lips meet, cheeks red. We stared at each other, silent and still with only the faint sounds of crickets and the wind moving against the trees. I could still feel him on my lips, how softly they met each other, how different they felt once he left them. I could only wish for them to come together again, but I knew it couldn't happen.

"I-I'm sorry." Vic said, looking down at the grass.

I leaned over, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. "It's fine."

He looked up at me, obviously confused but smiling bright. He got up from the bench and I followed suit, walking in from the cold into a nice, warm house. My parents were already home and most likely asleep, so we tiptoed up the stairs and straight into my room.

I changed into shorts, humming along to a Blink-182 song that I didn't even know I knew while Vic took a shower. Once I finished, I sat on the edge of the bed, staring at the wall until I let myself collapse and fall onto my bed.

The thoughts in my mind were running marathons.

Did Vic like me? Did I give him the wrong idea when I told him things weren't right with Tony? Do I have feelings for Vic, my best friend?

I thought about what Austin had told me just a few days ago.

"I think you may feel differently about Vic because there has always been feelings there, it just took seeing him with someone else to awaken them."

"When you finally meet that one person, you just know."


My phone vibrated on the bed, I picked it up and looked at the screen. I had a new text from Tony.

Tone♥: Hey baby, I'm sorry I couldn't come over tonight, I've been really busy and I miss you terribly. Goodnight and sweet dreams, I love you so much. ♥

I locked my phone, throwing it across the edge of the bed. If there was one word to describe how I felt, it would be torn. Torn between my loving and caring boyfriend and my best friend. I felt like yelling, throwing everything in sight. It was all too much.

The bathroom door swung open, and revealed a shirtless Vic standing only in his boxers, hair wet and messy. That alone was enough to stop my self-argument and focus more on the boy standing just a few feet away from me. As he was about to slip on a shirt, he looked over at me, giving me a weird look before widening his eyes and smirking.

That little fucker knew what he was doing.

He climbed into bed, snuggling close next to me. I laid there for awhile, still lost in thought before realizing the bathroom light was still on.

"Hey Vic, you left the light on in the bathroom." I said, turning my head to face him.

"Ugggghhhhhhhhhh." He sighed. "Can you get it? You're closer."

"Vic, you were in there last, stop being lazy and turn it off."

"Please Jaime." He said, looking up at me with those damn eyes and pouting.

I sighed, signaling defeat. I got up and turned off the light and closed the door, stretching my arms and yawning as I walked back to the bed.

Vic was already dosing off, still in the same spot he was in before I left. His goofy smile was plastered to his face even while asleep and his arm was under the pillow as if he were waiting for me. Smiling, I climbed back under the covers next to him and turned off my lamp. I felt Vic's arm wrap around my waist, so I turned over and cuddled close to him. Even with all the emotions and thoughts running through my mind, I felt so calm and peaceful with him. Everything stopped, and it all felt like it should be.

Just as I started to close my eyes, I heard him whisper.

"Goodnight, Jaime. I love you."

He was asleep before he could hear my reply, but I said it anyways.

"I love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry ok I don't know if you guys are dying right now cause I am just wow. :O
Quick chapter, and it's in Hime's p.o.v woo! 〷◠‿◠〷
I don't know how many chapters are left but I can tell it's not going to end just yet ヽ(* ̄o ̄*)ノ
Tony's p.o.v is next! :D
I love y'all. ( 。・_・。)人(。・_・。 )
♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
x