Status: a c t i v e

Give Me Your Heart and Your Hand and We Can Run.

And it's good enough to make me wanna fall in love.

(Vic p.o.v)

I was looking everywhere for Jaime. Fuck me for not requesting a schedule change, then I would've had all my classes with Jaime. I ran down the hall, ignoring Mr. Walter's request for me to stop running.

That's when I spotted him. But it wasn't just him.

There was this tall guy with a hat on walking unusually close to Jaime. I could see the taller boy laugh at something Jaime had said, and I immediately ran to them.

"Hey! Jaime!" I saw the two stop and turn around. That's when I saw his face. The tall boy who was just laughing with Jaime sure seemed to be quiet now. I narrowed my eyes at him, Jaime seriously wasn't going to be friends with him, was he?

"Hey Vic." Jaime said, giving me his brilliant smile. I could feel my stomach turning, Jaime was just so cute.

He turned his attention to the tall guy. "This is Tony."

I saw "Tony"'s eyes look over to Jaime and Jaime nodded at him. He walked up to me reaching out his hand.

"I-I'm Tony."

I looked at him, feeling nothing but disgust. He needed Jaime's help to say hi to me? For a guy to look that tough, he sure is acting like a baby. I took his hand, giving him the best smile i could possibly fake.

"Well, it's nice meeting you. I'll see you two in English?" Jaime and Tony nodded, and continued walking.

I walked back to my locker, watching the two make their way down the hallway. Jaime stopped in front of Tony, and I wanted to move closer to see what they were talking about but I knew I couldn't so I stayed where I was. I then saw Jaime reach out and hug Tony, and I felt pang in my heart. Tony didn't hug back at first but when he did, they stayed like that for a long time. I could feel my blood boil, and I slammed my locker and took the hallway to the right, only so that I didn't have to see them.

I walked into the classroom, making it just in time as the bell rang. I knew Jaime and Tony were going to be late. I couldn't help but think they were late for other reasons, the hug was nothing, right? What if Tony liked Jaime? Or worse, what if Jaime liked Tony? I clenched my fists. I was tired of thinking about them.

A couple of minutes passed, and Jaime and Tony finally showed up. They sat together in the rows of two. We had a sub, so all they did was talk and laugh. I felt jealous, and yes I admit it, jealous of Tony. The way Jaime looked at him, the way Jaime smiled at him, the only thing I wanted was for him to look at me that way, and smile at me that way. I shrunk in my seat, opening my notebook to try and take my mind off of Jaime.

~

The final bell rang, and I quickly grabbed my stuff and walked to my locker. I looked over again, to see that Tony had the locker left of Jaime's, which was left of mine. Jaime didn't even look at me, or say hi to me. He kept all his attention on fucking Tony. I walked out the doors, and made my way to the stone bench where me and Jaime sit until my dad comes. Or where we used to sit.

I looked at Jaime and Tony as they walked together, I saw Tony's eyes light up at whatever Jaime had said, and I saw him slip something into his pocket. A black car came up and Tony gave Jaime a hug and I watched Tony slip into the car and it sped away.

"Hey Vic." I looked up at Jaime, smiling as always.

I glared at him. "Had a fun time with Tony?"

He seemed taken back, and I could see the anger growing in him. "Vic, what's wrong with you? Why do you hate Tony? You barley met the guy. Stop being such a dick."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Me? A dick? I tried talking to you all day, but no Tony was more fucking important than your best friend."

He scoffed at me. "You're jealous of Tony? Vic, I said hi to you every time you did. All you did was fucking glare at Tony. That's really fucking low, Vic. Especially for you." He walked away, leaving me alone and guilt ridden.

I knew he was hurt and upset but I ran after him. I kept calling for him, but all he did was ignore me. I stopped, taking a breath. I saw my dad's car drive up behind me. I walked over and slid in.

I knew my dad was looking at me, but I didn't want to say anything. It was quiet the entire time.

The minute I got home I ran up the stairs and into my room. I threw my backpack on the floor and sat on my bed, picking up my guitar. I strummed a few chords, humming along with them. If anything helped me calm down, it was music.

I heard a knock on my door. I walked over to see my brother Mike standing outside of it. "Hey Mikey, what's up?" We walked into my room, I sat on my bed while Mike sat on the floor.

"You looked pretty upset. You didn't even notice mom telling you we were gonna have tacos for dinner."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "It's Jaime. I-I think I'm starting to have feelings for him."

I was expecting Mike to say something, but he only nodded. It felt good, having my younger brother be there, only to listen to your problems and help out in any way he could. I loved Mike so much for that.

"There's this new kid at school. He has piercings and I think he has a tattoo and I'm not really sure how he's supposed to be in high school cause he looks pretty old to me and I-"

"Jesus Vic, slow the fuck down."

Mike and I laughed, and I continued. "Anyways, Jaime made friends with him and Jaime pretty much spent his entire day with Tony. I felt so angry and jealous and I don't like admitting it, but I know I have feelings for my best friend and he probably hates me cause we got into an argument and life sucks."

Mike laughed at the last part. "Vic, Jaime doesn't hate you. Jaime could never hate you. It just isn't in his nature. It's okay to be jealous, it's a part of life. Apologize to Jaime, and it's okay if Tony and Jaime still hang out. I'm surprised you're not jealous of some of the other kids. They all think Jaime's pretty hot too." I could feel myself blush. Mike smirked.

"Well, I'm going downstairs to go eat." Mike said, getting off the floor and jogging down the stairs.

I started to feel much better. Mike always knew what to say. It was times like these when it felt like I was the youngest, which happens more often than you'd think since he's so much taller than me.

Smiling, I ran down the stairs after him. "Save me some tacos you fatass."
♠ ♠ ♠
Third chapter c:
And yes, I made a stereotypical taco joke.
Thank you all for the comments and subscribers! C:
Tony's p.o.v is next and we find out a little bit more why he's so shy. :3
x