Status: a c t i v e

Give Me Your Heart and Your Hand and We Can Run.

The boy on the blue moon dreams of sun.

(Beau's p.o.v)

This is too much to take in.

I never thought Eric would date Tony. I mean, it's fine if he's gay and I totally support him, but to do it behind Jaime's back is just cruel.

I know Eric like the back of my hand, we grew up together. He's more family to me than my actual family, and to know that he hid so much for so long hurts me.

We never kept secrets from each other, no matter what.

I didn't even know he could cope with keeping such a big secret hidden, especially a secret that could hurt another person, it's not like him.

But I don't know the full story of how it all happened, so I guess I can't say much.

"Unbelievable. That's all I can say." Kellin muttered, bringing my attention back to the group of boys surrounding me.

"I just didn't think Eric would be willing to risk a good relationship for his own feelings. It seems a little selfish." Gabe replied, taking a swig from his can of coke.

"Guys, we don't know the full story. Anything could've happened." I said.

"He dated Tony behind Jaime's back and hid it for a good five and a half months, Beau. That's good enough for me." Dave stated. Justin and Kyle nodded in agreement.

"Tony's just as at fault as Eric is. You already know I'm not going to hesitate to say few strong words to him." Matty said.

We all nodded to that.

"Beau, you and Eric have been friends since diapers, right? I feel like you've taken this worse than the rest of us." Jesse said, giving me a sympathetic look.

"Wait, you and Eric have been friends longer than we have?" Elliot asked, making me chuckle softly.

"Eric and I met you in our first year of middle school. Don't get jealous." I joked, making him pout and laugh.

"How did it happen?" Kyle asked.

"It was in the first grade. Our teacher gave us assigned seats, and Eric got the one right next to mine." I said, wearing a small smile. "He was scared of me at first- he later admitted it to me- but then one day he needed a pencil."

"So Eric's always been shy?" Gabe interrupted.

I nodded. "And I was sitting, working on a worksheet when I felt him tap me on the shoulder. I turned and asked if he needed anything, and he lowered his head and asked me if he could borrow a pencil because he forgot his. I started to chuckle, but a few moments later I was cracking up because I found it so hilarious that he was scared to ask for a pencil. He looked hurt, but then he joined in too. He started talking more to me after that, and we've been friends since."

The guys chuckled, all taking a sip of their drinks in unison.

"I take it you two weren't much different than how you are now." Kellin said, laughing.

I laughed. "Yeah. We're the same age, but I've always felt like I needed to be there for him, to protect him I guess."

"Like a big brother?" Dave asked.

"Yeah. He's family to me. Knowing that he hid this from me for so long hurts, and seeing the pain in his eyes after admitting it only made it worse."

"Oh man, I'm sorry Beau." Justin said, sadly.

"I know he's a good person. He's human, he's made some mistakes. But being human isn't an excuse. You fuck up and there's going to be consequences. It's like the second golden rule." Kyle said.

"Yeah, I know." I replied. "I'm not easily forgiving, and he knows that. I just don't want things to be different after this."

"But things already are." Kellin said. "I know you don't want them to be. Hell, I wish things were the way they used to be, but they're not. Things happen and things change, regardless if we wanted them to or not. There's never been a period of stasis. Things will always change, just like time."

"You know, he's right." Dave stated. "And maybe over time we can just forget about this happening, and we can all be friends again. But now it's tough. We've never been one's to trust easy so this is a little upsetting, but that doesn't mean we make this a constant problem."

"Agreed." We said.

We carried on conversations for the rest of the day, and had wanted to make plans to hang on Valentine's Day weekend, but a few of the boys had plans with their girlfriends.

"I guess it's just you and I, Gruenberg." I said, stuffing books into my backpack.

"I can't man, I have a date." He replied.

"No fucking way." I said, giving him a shocked look.

He laughed. "No, I'm kidding. I'm still forever alone."

"You'll find someone." I said, smiling. "You can't be forever alone forever."

"You wanna be my Valentine?" He asked.

"When I said you'd find someone, I didn't mean me." I said, laughing.

He laughed as we closed our lockers, heading out of the building into the cool February air.

"Do you really think we can be friends with Eric and make things normal again?" Elliot asked.

"I'm not sure, but I'm not saying I don't want to." I replied.

"You know, you said you considered him as a brother. And brothers are still brothers, no matter what." He said, looking up at me and smiling.

"Yeah." I replied, cracking a smile. "No matter what."
♠ ♠ ♠
omg hi i'm so sorry for the really really late update (⌣́_⌣̀)
it's not even that good of a chapter forgive me
but hey i made an elliot joke ツ
i've been really busy with warped and other things and i kind of forgot my responsiblities oops
(˘_˘٥)
i love you guys though and i promise to not update so late
vic's p.o.v is next!
i love you guys i'm sorry D: