Status: Coming Soon?

Aftershock

Introduction

Normality, well what was that anyways? Who knows what's normal anymore? Isn't it a matter of perspective? The future? It was interesting to the past but too close to the present to truly be appreciated. Every minute, every second, a passing moment bringing one close to the future. So what if there was a chance that one knew the future? Suppose there was a constant knowledge of the future while still existing in the past. Yet it never changed anything, no matter what was attempted things couldn't be truly changed. Humanity was on a one way track to to destruction unbeknownst to many living in the past.

When those from the future started to come back to the past things got strange. All they did was manage to postpone the inevitable. Humanity could have collapse but the government kept the prospects unwraps. Prospects was the name the government gave those who came back to recruit and warn those of impending chemical warfare. A majority of the time the prospects were imprisoned and interrogated but some managed to get free and became fugitives. Those who roamed were on a mission to recruit as many people as they could while simultaneously attempting to remain under the radar. As always with the media driven society, the truth came out, it always did and people began to grow weary.

Recruits were subtle and often those with useful qualities. Engineers, scientists, musicians even. The future and past melded together both in the past and in the future. It was a strange world but it had become normal.

There was the option to stay and die or go forward and save themselves. Only problem was there was a protocol, a limit of space to take back survivors. Time travel wasn't an exact science and those going back and forth had no way of truly knowing who to bring back. So little evidence was available, only blood samples and data recovered from the future. They needed to save those able to fight the future threats, take those healthy bodies back to create vaccines for their current states and those in the future learn about the past. It seemed ridiculous and it was most certainly a gamble but the future wanted to a solution.

In the future there was an over abundance of people but they were mutated from the chemical warfare, they needed humans before the mutations before the evolution of their species. The past was key to the future, the blood and knowledge of those before the war could prove to be a means to healing what was broken.

The problem was, were these recruits capable of adjusting to such a future? Were they just better off dead?

-----------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
Weird little time travel story I thought up today. Who knows where it'll go?