Status: Completed

How to Save a Life

Picture Perfect

“Our merch guy, Vinny, just left because of a family thing back home,” Alex continues. “We don’t know when he’ll be back, and we really need someone to take his place while he’s gone.

ASDFGHJKLJKLSFFLKJGSF HOLY SHIT YES.

“Are you sure?” You ask cautiously. “I mean, I met you three hours ago.”

He grins. “What’s life without a little risk?” He says. “And I may have just met you three hours ago, but there’s something about you, y/n.”

You blush and look at the floor.

“Besides,” he says, growing serious. “If I leave, how will I know that you won’t go right back to that bridge?”

You glance up at him. “I guess you don’t,” you reply quietly.

“So, is that a yes? Will you be our new merch girl?” He smiles at you.

“I… Okay.”

“Yes!” He says, wrapping his arms around you. “Although, I think you better let your parents know where you’ll be for the next three months…”

“Yeah,” you sigh. “I guess I better.”

Not a chance.

He stands up, stretching his arms above his head with an enormous yawn. Feeling the top of his head, he readjusts his gray beanie. Then he starts for the other end of the bus.

“I’m gonna go make myself some coffee,” he calls back to you. “I’ve been up for like a whole day.”

“Shh!” You hiss at him. “It’s four in the morning, everyone else is asleep!”

“Nah,” he says, opening the door of a cupboard and peering inside. “These guys could sleep through a hurricane. We don’t get much rest on tour, but when we do, we crash. Speaking of, you should go back to bed. You’ve had a tough day.”

No shit, Sherlock.

Ignoring him, you follow his path down the hallway into the tiny kitchenette at the other end of the bus. Alex has pulled a bag of coffee and a coffee pot out of the cupboard. While the coffee is brewing, he pulls you over to another couch and tells you to sit. He disappears down the hallway for a moment, then returns with a thick blanket. Tucking it around you, he sits down beside you.

“Go back to sleep,” he says softly, brushing a stray strand of hair from your face. He begins to hum an unfamiliar tune, and your eyes drift shut. You feel his lips press against your forehead, and then sleep washes over you once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: every avenue