Status: updating here and there.

Gods & Monsters

Tres.

The third time he ran into her, he was in Starbucks. It was ten o’clock and he was wide awake, far too early for his liking on a Saturday. At first he didn’t notice her. It wasn’t until she spoke to the cashier that his eyes shot up from the ground, resting on her petite frame. He’d know those honey blonde locks anywhere, and her voice only assured his answer. He’d been staring at her for so long, his eyes became unfocused. Her voice calling his name was the only thing that snapped him back to the present.

“Hi, Zacky.” She said, her eyes wide as she shot him a nervous smile. Twisting the cup in her hands back in forth, she watched as he exited the line and made his way over to her. Before she realized his intentions, he wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug. The sweet scent of her perfume flooded his nose as he let his eyes drift close, holding her close. It took her a moment to respond, before she hugged him back, her grip on him tighter than his initial one upon her. Once they pulled away, they stared at each other, before Zacky broke the silence.

“It’s good to see you.” He finally sputtered, a smile coming across his face as he watched her cheeks turn pink. God, she was perfect in his eyes. She nodded an agreement, before taking a seat at a small two-seated table in the corner. He quickly followed her, plopping down in the seat across from her.

“Do you live here?” She finally asked, taking a sip from the drink in her hands. He shook his head, looking down at his hands that were currently resting in his lap, twined together.

“I live in Huntington Beach, CA, actually. My band’s not on tour, so I’ve got much more time to visit places and enjoy myself.” He said simply, leaning back in his chair.

“What’s your band called?” She asked, leaning forward a bit as she looked at him. He took a moment to check out her expression, making sure that she was being serious when she asked the question.

“Avenged Sevenfold. We’re a rock band.” He said, watching as a smile came across her face.

“I feel like I’ve heard that name before. What do you do?” She asked him, the genuine interest in her eyes causing him to chuckle quietly.

“Rhythm guitarist.” He said, pointing at himself with both of his thumbs. Her eyes contained a glint in them that he couldn’t yet read. Before he had a chance to figure out what it was, she leaned over the table, looking at him intensely.

“Tell me about your band.”

X

And just as she had done him, he told her everything. All the crazy tour stories, the fans, their albums, and the loss of their drummer. When he spoke of Jimmy, she sympathetically put a hand over his, a simple gesture that meant so much more than she could fathom. It was her comfort to him, her giving him back what he gave to her that fateful day on the bus.

“You all sound pretty crazy.” She said when he was finished talking, earning a laugh from him.

“You don’t know the half of it.” He said, a smile on his face. He could see himself bringing her around the guys, though her shy nature would quickly diminish once she met them.

“Shit,” she mumbled, looking down at her wristwatch. “I’ve gotta go.” She explained quickly, tossing her empty coffee cup into the trash as she began to stand up.

“Wait!” Zacky said, gently taking hold of her forearm. She turned and looked at him, an eyebrow quirked in a silent question.

“At least give me your number.” He said quietly, looking at her face. He could sense her hesitation, before she finally nodded. A wide grin broke out on his face as he dug his phone out of his pocket, quickly preparing himself to take down her number. Each digit was like a million bucks in his eyes.

“I want to call you tonight.” He said, looking her directly in the eye. She hesitated for a moment, bouncing a leg up and down as she looked around. Biting her lip, she nodded, leaning down closer to
him.

“Luke works late night shifts. Call around 10 o’clock.” She whispered, before hugging him quickly. Before he had time to return the hug, she was off and out of the door. He watched her go, her long hair billowing in the fierce breeze that worked against her. He couldn’t wipe the shit eating grin off of his face if he wanted to.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: New subscribers and readers! Thank you all so much for your support, it means so much, really. ;~;