Status: updating here and there.

Gods & Monsters

Cinco.

For the next few months, that’s exactly how it went. At ten o’clock sharp, he’d be on his phone with Kennedy. They’d talk each other to sleep, and at three thirty in the morning, her soft voice would come across the line and awake him, reminding him that Luke would be home soon and then she would send him off to sleep again. They would meet up occasionally, usually during the nighttime hours so they would go unnoticed. The weather transitioned from the cool spring to the hot summer. He had visited back to Huntington Beach a few times, keeping up with everything that was going on.

The guys finally got him to crack and spill his reason for being in Chicago so long. Once he told them about Kennedy, the first thing they requested was a picture, which he had many of. They all, Brian especially, were demanding for him to bring her to Cali.

He was nervous about asking her. He knew that things between Luke and Kennedy hadn’t changed, he was still abusing her. She tried harder to escape. She now had a reason to. She fought for more freedom, demanded to go out on her own free will and not have a curfew like a teenager. Her demands fell on practically deaf ears.

Kennedy seemed to radiate in the summer. Her honey blonde locks seemed to lighten slightly, but strayed away from the typical bleach shade with her own natural tint. She didn’t tell Zacky every gory detail that was going on behind closed doors. She didn’t tell him that every time she requested to go out, he would sexually assault her before he granted her request. The only time she asked to go out was to be with Zacky. He was her escape. She had plans to meet him down at the beach. She knew it would come with consequences, but the time she spent with the other male always made up for it.

“Luke?” She asked hesitantly from behind him. She was talking to the back of his head, actually. He was lounging on the couch in his work clothes from the previous night, a tie hung loosely around his neck and the top buttons on his collared stripped shirt were undone. An ash tray lay next to his legs and a freshly lit one hung from his lips. He didn’t even acknowledge her presence, other than his reply.

“You know what to address me by.” He spoke, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. She rolled her eyes, crossing her newly tanned arms across her protruding chest. She hated when he made her speak to him like he was above her. But it was the only way she could get what she wanted.

“Sir?” She asked again, fighting hard to keep the annoyed tone from her voice. His silence was her permission to continue. “May I go down to the beach today?”

He pulled the cigarette from his lips, a thick cloud of smoke following the burning stick. It waved and twisted and wafted in the air until it dispersed around her. She only blinked her eyes, irritation itching under her skin. Shoving the cigarette in the ash tray, he exhaled any remaining fumes from his lungs before speaking again.

“Come around the couch.” He muttered. Sighing under her breath, she circled around the large piece of furniture, coming to stand in front of him. She felt disgusted as his eyes ran over inch of her visible skin; clad in denim fitted shorts with the ties of her bikini bottoms hanging loosely over the waistline. A sheer white blouse that barely concealed her black bikini top shielded her torso. She had left her hair in its natural wild, wavy state, its length longer than she was used to, but welcomed all the less. The lovely blonde cloud framed her face, a few loose strands tickling her cheeks. He licked his lips, taking in the sight of her, before reaching one arm forward and yanking her to him. She turned her head away as she lost her footing, falling into his lap and almost knocking the ash tray over. She barely had time to stabilize herself before he shifted her body, tossing her small frame across his lap. Her eyes widened as she realized his intentions, her limbs automatically flailing in a useless attempt to free herself from his death grip. A hard thwack from the palm of his head on the back of her head halted all her attempts.

“What did I do wrong?” She whimpered as his hand traveled down over her backside almost lovingly. He would do anything but sex and spanking. She thought back to their conversation, looking for a place where she could have made a mistake. She saw none. Her question went unanswered as his hands continued their plight down her body. Shoving his fingers underneath the tight waistband of her denim shorts, he yanked the fabric down harshly, pulling them past her hips until they rested at the crease on her knees, her round bottom on display for him.

“Perfect.” He growled out, before leaving down and harshly bringing his hand down on her bottom. A sharp yelp of pain came from her lips, before it increased in volume as he brought his hand down harder in the exact same spot.

“Shut up.” He hissed, yanking a pillow from the couch and roughly shoving it between her opened lips. The fabric coated the inside of her mouth with stray lint and the fallen particles from clothes that had brushed against its surface. Reaching a hand up to remove the foreign object from her mouth,
Luke quickly halted her motions by bringing a hand up and trapping hers in a tight grip. Using his free hand, he removed the tie from his neck and used it to bound her hands together. She clawed at him, but he ignored the pain until her hands were clasped tightly against her lower back. She let out a defeated grunt and relaxed against him. Her submission excited his as he ground his blooming erection into her hip. She whimpered at the friction, struggling to move her hips away from his and in the process, ultimately increasing his pleasure. Averting his eyes downward to her reddened bottom, he let out a primitive growl as he saw his mark. The mark of his hand on the juicy flesh of her bottom. Yanking her up by the hair, her muffled scream of pain was heard through the pillow that was mutilating her speech.

“Keep quiet.” He grunted. No, she wouldn’t let the tears fall. She wouldn’t let him overpower her. Not this time. Mustering up a big gust of air through her nose, she blew the pillow out from her mouth. Taking a desperate gasp of newly found air, she kicked her legs violently. Growling, he shoved her off of his lap roughly, causing her to land awkwardly on her side on the ground as she bit the inside of her lip to keep from crying out. The hand that he still had wrapped tightly in her hair pulled her towards him. He yanked her hair downward, causing her gaze to meet his. The raw fury in her eyes only caused his swiftly growing erection to rise even more.

“You want to go out?” He asked, his voice gravelly as he spoke, refusing to break their gaze. She noddd slowly, her eyes trained on his. Using his free hand, he reached into his lap, quickly removing his belt and snatching down the zipper on his dress pants. Reaching underneath the garment, he freed his erection from his boxers, not breaking her gaze.

“You know what to do.”

X

Thirty minutes later he was done. Kennedy was leaning over the sink, furiously brushing her teeth until her gums leaked of red blood. Rinsing her mouth out repeatedly with Listerine that ignited her mouth, she raised her face to the mirror. She was silently proud of herself. She hadn’t shed a single tear this time. Any that came pricking at her eyes, she refused to allow to fall. Even though her bottom was marked with a faint pink handprint and felt as If she had just sat upon a thousand needles, she wouldn’t. She was so tempted to just crawl into bed and sleep the rest of her life away.

Zacky. Her brain was instantly filled with happy memories, images of his green eyes burning into hers, their late night conversations, the times where they had met up with the smile that came across his face every time. He was her saving grace. He gave her a reason to fight. Mustering up all of her strength, she stepped out of the bathroom, heading towards the front door.

“Be back before I go to work.” Luke said from the couch, the smoke from his newly lit cigarette billowing upwards from the couch. Shaking her head at him, she quickly slipped in her black flip flops, snagging the keys from the hook near the door and slamming it behind her.

X

She could’ve died then and been happy. Zacky may not have been by her side, but she’d at least be a little bit happy. Basking in the sun with the waves making background noise around her. She’d die in a happy place.

“This seat taken?” a voice said from above her. Lifting her sunglasses up from her eyes, she squinted against the sunlight, before her eyes focused on the figure looming above her. There stood Zacky, clad in swim shorts that ended just below his knees and a white v-neck.

“Yes, reserved for a Zacky Vengeance. You seen him?” She teased, one of her eyebrows rising. Before he could reply, she jumped up and wrapped her arms tightly around his neck. Slightly caught off guard, he came to his senses and hugged her back, his permanently inked arms slipping around her slim waist. Taking a leap of faith, Zacky leaned back a bit, successfully lifting her feet off of the ground, emanating a happy squeak from her lips. He wanted to badly just to lower his hands and cup her rear and finally press his lips against hers in an act of passion that both of them desired equally, just not openly. Gently setting her down, he looked down at her petite frame. A wide genuine smile was what he was met with, causing him to break out into one himself.

“I missed you, Dee.” He finally spoke. Her features softened significantly as she reached a hand up, gently placing it on his cheek. He turned and playfully bit her index finger, causing a blush to creep up the sides of her neck.

“I missed you too. Now c’mon. Let’s swim.” She said. It had been a while since she had been able to do so, and she was excited. Taking a step back from him, she crossed her arms and reached for the bottom hem of her shirt, grasping it and tugging it up and over her head. Dropping it in the chair she had previously been lounging on, she then went to work on his shorts.

All the while Zacky stood there, trying his damn hardest not to let his mouth hang open like a dog. Something in his mind reminded him that he was making himself look more out of place by standing there and staring at her. She was a goddess. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he tugged his own shirt off, kicking off the black sandals he had came with. They both turned to face each other, each one silently admiring the others body. Kennedy bit her lower lip out of habit as her eyes ran over his newly exposed chest. Zacky wasn’t exactly being inconspicuous as his eyes trailed up and down her body, but she found herself reveling in his gaze.

“Water.” She finally spoke. He nodded and the pair walked over to the edge of the cool blue liquid that tickled at their feet. Leaning a head against his arm, she looked out over the water.

“I’ve always wanted to go out to those wooden poles over there.” Kennedy said, pointing to them in front of her. That was the place where the life guards would stop them. She sighed, her eyes not leaving the sight before her.

“Why haven’t you?” Zacky said, draping an arm across her shoulders. She fit against him, literally. She fit right into his side.

“I can’t swim that far out.” She admitted, her cheeks flushing as she looked at the ground. Using his free hand, Zacky brushed away the hair from her face, smiling at her. Frowning in confusion, her expression soon became one of surprise as Zacky grabbed one of her legs and hoisted it up and over his hip. Once she realized his intentions, she aided him in clambering up and onto his back, her chest pressed against the ‘VENGEANCE’ tattoo displayed across his shoulder blades. Using his arms to hold her legs against his hips, he began his descent into the water.

“You could’ve warned me before you did that, knucklehead.” She grumbled, though a smile was present on her features. He could only grin and turn to look at her over his shoulder, sending her a wink before he set his attention straight once more. He never failed to amaze her. Even when he couldn’t walk any longer, he swam with her on his back. He swam until they reached those wooden poles and ignored the lifeguards gaze upon them. Reaching forward from his back, she pressed her hand against the wet wood, closing her eyes as the memory burned into her mind. Pulling her hand away, she slid down from Zacky’s back, only to have him catch her by her hips and pull her flush against him. Her chest was pressed against his chest, their lips centimeters apart. Wrapping her legs around his hips hurriedly to keep from sinking, her arms clung to his neck.

“Ah, fuck it.” Zacky muttered. Before Kennedy had time to process or react to his question, a hand came out of the water and wrapped in her wavy locks, pulling her face against his as he pressed his lips against hers. The kiss only lasted a few seconds, before he pulled away slightly. Her hazel eyes were wide, but they burned with an emotion he couldn’t decipher.

“That’s an ‘ah, fuck it’ moment?” She said, her face breaking out into a grin. His did the same, and shaking his head, he leaned forward and kissed her once more. This time, she met him halfway.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Thank you all for your lovely comments and recommendations. It really means a lot. I tried to focus on what was going on behind closed doors with Kennedy. Don't worry, the bad stuff won't last long. Tried to squeeze out a chapter before Christmas. Speaking of, Happy Holidays to you all!