Status: slowly but surely

Primus Amor.

Presenting Louis Tomlinson

“Come on mate, wake up!”

I groaned and rolled around in my bed hoping that sleep would pull me under once again. My eyes struggled to embrace the darkness but it did not help when the person you are living with practically threw the covers at the far side of the room leaving you cold and breathless.

“What the—“

“Shut up Lou, we have to go now!” I glared at the green eyed boy who stood at the end of the bed holding my comforter. Harry smirked at me, obviously enjoying messing with my head. Who in their right minds who would be awake at this goddamned hour in the morning during their well-deserved vacation?

“But why?” I asked a little confused as to why we even had to wake up early.

“Interview, remember? It’s the last one.”

I sighed and rubbed my eyes, still tired even if I had just slept. I glanced at the clock, the glowing green numbers blinking at me with the time 5:30. I looked back at Harry who was now giving me an apologetic smile.

“Alright, alright. Let me go take a shower first.” I said in defeat. Harry nodded and dropped my comforter on the floor. What a lazy arse.

I got up and ran a hand through my bedraggled hair. I trudged towards the bathroom and felt a yawn escape from my mouth. I licked my lips as I looked at myself in the mirror we had in the large bathroom. Being international pop stars as we are, we had the allowance to rent a large flat that included a large bathroom.

My cerulean blue eyes were laced with sleep. Dark circles were traced under them which clearly exemplified how wonderful my sleep schedule has been. My hair was tousled in all different directions which looked decent enough.

I took off my clothes in haste and jumped in the shower letting the warm water wash my sleep away as well as my worries that concerned the interview. I lathered my hair with one of those shampoos that smelled like mint. I cleansed myself with a bar of soap which left me smelling like strawberries. I turned off the shower and wrapped the towel around my waist.

If the fans were here to see this I bet half of them would faint. It’s not everyday you get to see your idol half-naked with only a towel covering the most important parts of a man’s body.

I walked over to where my closet was and looked around for some clothes to wear. Decent clothing. Let’s see… ah striped shirt and red jeans. That will do.

After dressing up, underwear included, I went out of the room and into the kitchen where I saw Harry eating a granola bar while drinking a glass of milk. He looked up at me and gave me one of those brilliant smiles he gave to every fan in the world. Unfortunately for him, I wasn’t one of those mechanical beings that are used to cool a person off. I’m just kidding.

“Granola bar?” Harry asked his mouth half-full with the food he was eating.

I shook my head and raided the fridge looking for something good to eat before we get going. I rummaged through the big fridge finding nothing to eat. Despite having a fridge full of food, there are times when there is absolutely nothing to eat. I sighed and gave up. Might as well eat an apple.

“Where’s the interview?” I asked the curly haired boy while grabbing an apple from the fruit basket.

“Somewhere down Burberry street.”

“Who is it this time?” I asked while looking at the apple from all angles getting a little bored.

Harry merely shrugged before eating what was left of his granola bar. With a sigh, I ate the apple and threw the core in the nearby trashcan. I looked over at Harry who was already finished with his breakfast. He walked over to me and slung his arm over my shoulder.

“Come on Lou, smile! Never know if a bunch of paparazzi saw us together. At least act like we’re happy.” He winked at me before I chuckled at his foolishness. I shrugged his arm off and smirked at him while he pouted at me.

“Right. Come on curls, don’t want to keep them waiting.” I replied winking back at him. He laughed and grabbed his blazer from the couch before accompanying me out into the wild.

---


“Good morning U.K.! It’s seven am and today, we have some wonderful guests who are currently invading the world one city at a time. Get your kicks ready for, One Direction!”

Once the host of the show was finished with her opening, the manager signaled the five of us to go on stage. I rubbed my palms together and blew on them. It was a little cold inside the studio.

Liam was the first to set foot on stage and once he did, screams erupted from the audience causing my ears to hurt. One might say that I got used to it but they are wrong. After all that has happened to me, I will never get used to the fame and fortune. Also the screaming girls that came wherever I went.

After Liam was Harry. He gave me a small tap on the back before bouncing on stage, his curls all over his face. Then Niall came next, a big smile plastered all over his face. Everybody loved the Irish man. Zayn followed the rest of them with his head down. I heard he stayed in the dressing room for over an hour fretting over his hair. I laughed at him when he came out looking ridiculously well groomed. Last but not the least, was me. I shook my head and composed myself before going on stage with a smile on my face.

The bright lights blinded me momentarily before I saw the four lads squished in one couch. Harry was calling me over, telling me sit next to him. I smirked and squeezed myself in between Harry and Niall. They couldn’t have gotten a bigger couch?

“Hello!” The hostess exclaimed giving us a bright smile. Her blonde hair was tied up into a preppy bun and her glasses gave a very sophisticated feel.

“Hi!” We all said at once. I chuckled at how we always say things simultaneously during interviews.

Our reply sent the audience in frenzy. The screams grew louder and a few girls were holding up signs proclaiming their love for us. One said “Marry me Zayn!” while another said “Father my children Harry!”, I had to admit, some of our fans were crazy but they were always there to support our music.

I looked down at the audience and saw this tall red head smiling up at us. We made eye contact for one brief second and in that moment, I waved at her and she immediately giggled and turned away embarrassed. She started talking to the girl beside her, probably telling that I just waved at her. It’s amazing how one simple act can change a person’s life.

“Now now, calm down everyone.” The hostess said to the audience who quieted down a little bit. She looked over her note cards and smiled at us again. She looked professional.

“How are you fellows?”

“Good!” Niall piped up right away sending the hostess a big grin.

“We’re alright.” Liam added which we all nodded our heads in agreement. The hostess nodded her head as well and looked over her note cards before turning back to us.

“So, as your fans all know, the UK tour is finally over. How do you feel about that?”

“It’s been a very memorable experience. We’ve met a lot of our fans all around the UK and we couldn’t be anymore happy that we did. It brought us closer to each of them. It’s nice to know that we could meet those who always support us in what we do.” Liam replied.

“It’s also kind of sad that we won’t be able to do more shows here for a while. We’re taking a rest.” Zayn added. I looked down at my hands, finding them a little interesting. I wasn’t exactly in the mood to talk or to make jokes at the moment. I felt utterly tired and completely deprived of sleep. I just had to make sure to laugh at the appropriate moments and to smile whenever the camera zooms in on my face, which is a little uncomfortable if you ask me.

She continued to ask us the basic questions such as: “Would you date a fan?” “Who are taken?” “How’s the upcoming album?” “What’s your favorite song from the album?”

It was always the same. It got kind of boring towards the middle but I had to act like I was actually enjoying it. To be honest, all I wanted was something different. I was growing tired of the way people treated us just because we were international pop stars. Sometimes, the hostess asked a few personal questions which made me frown.

The lads handled it better than I did. They may have gotten better sleep than I did or they can tolerate mornings better than I do. They cracked up jokes here and there which made me laugh. A few innuendos and some smiles… things were doing okay but I still couldn’t shake off the negativity around me since I woke up.

“Louis, how are you feeling today? You look kind of down.” I looked up at the hostess who had a grim expression on her face. The audience was dead silent as she asked the question. Tension was thick in the air and I was sure it was all because of me. Was it possible that the fans could see how I felt?

I was about to speak up but Harry jumped right in to save me from talking.

“Nah, he’s just annoyed that I woke him up real early for this interview.” He turned towards me with a cheeky smile on his face. I glared at him while the boys chuckled at our immaturity. The hostess did as well, feeling a little guilty as shown on her face.

“I see. You’re not a morning person.” She added, crossing her legs.

“Not really.” I answered giving her, and the audience, a sheepish smile.

“A lot of people aren’t. Alright, last question before our dear Louis here can get his beauty sleep,”

The audience erupted into giggles and chuckles while I rolled my eyes. Niall slapped the back of my head, a sign telling me to be careful with my actions. He looked at me gravely with his blue eyes while I sighed and nodded carefully.

“Will there be any upcoming tours?”

The five of us immediately perked up, excited of bearing the good news to our fans.

“Actually, yes! We’ll be having a tour in America very soon. To all our fans out there in the US, we’ll be seeing you real soon!” Liam exclaimed, looking straight into the camera.

“Great! That’s all we have for today with One Direction. Thank you for being with us today.” The hostess said to us. We nodded our head in agreement. The girls in the audience below us had looks of disappointment across their faces knowing that we would have to leave.

“It’s been a pleasure.” Zayn responded to her statement.

The red light on the camera turned off signaling that we were finally free of national television. The hostess stood up and shook hands with each of us. When she finally reached me, her handshake took longer than necessary. She looked me dead in the eye and whispered a few words.

“Feel better alright?” She took a step back and told us how wonderful we were and that she hoped to see us again real soon.

I was only stunned at how observant she was. How could she see through me like that? I made precautions as to make it seem like I was happy and lively all throughout the interview but I guess she had a knack of seeing lies. I wasn’t able to say anything back to her but she didn’t seem to mind.

The five of us waved at the audience before going backstage where we could all act like ourselves and rest. A yawn escaped Niall’s lips as we headed down to our dressing rooms. I stretched my arms; feeling tired all of a sudden. What can I say? I only had around three hours of sleep last night.

After the show, we were to have a little meet and greet outside the building which would proceed later on. Right now, I wanted to lay down on the couch in the dressing room and let sleep come to me. When Zayn opened the door, I practically ran inside plopping onto the couch. I must have looked bizarre.

I snuggled the lone pillow that was on the couch with a stupid smile on my face. I really needed my sleep. I closed my eyes and heard them chuckle at my actions. I popped one eye open and saw Harry inches away from my face, breathing the oxygen that was meant for me. I scowled and pushed his face away.

“What is wrong with you?” I asked the green eyed boy laughing at me. I scrunched up my nose and turned away, burying myself within my arms.

“I should be the one asking that. You seem down lately.” Harry pointed out, poking my cheek in the process. I slapped his hand away while he laughed at me. I groaned and buried my face with the pillow.

“It’s nothing.” I mumbled. Even with my face buried, I could tell Harry had a concerned look on his face. I didn’t want the lads to worry over me as well but this bloke just had to exclaim it in the middle of the dressing room that I wasn’t well.

“Harry’s right though. You weren’t acting like yourself a while ago…” Liam trailed off. I sighed and raised my head to look at all of them who was staring at me like I’ve grown another head. I guess they got used to seeing me happy that they kind of forgot that I had my bad times as well.

“I’m just really tired.”

“That’s also what you said the day before. I reckon it has something to do with Sheila is it not?” Zayn interjected. I snapped my head towards him and gave him a glare. Sheila was an off-limits topic and I didn’t want to talk about her.

“No.” I simply said.

“Whatever floats your boat Lou.” Niall said giving me a sad smile. He was holding a bag of nachos and was ready to dive in. I rolled my eyes and placed the pillow back on my head. It was better than seeing them take pity on me.

I laid there on the couch for what seemed like days when the guys, specifically Harry, spoke up breaking the tension that has taken over the room. The mere mention of her name was enough to bring the whole room in silence. I made sure that she wouldn’t come up in any of our conversations. She had this effect on me that I couldn’t quite understand and it tormented me.

“Lou, how about we go out tonight?”

“I’ll pass.”

“It might do you good actually, have fun and all.” Liam piped. I groaned again and rolled over which was a bad idea since I landed on the floor with my bum aching. I stood up and brushed the dirt from my bun which was still in pain. The guys were chuckling at my idiotic actions. I would have laughed as well if I weren’t feeling blue.

“Sure I will.” I replied. It was meant to be sarcastic but Harry was quite dense that morning and took my words seriously.

“That’s the spirit mate! We’ll leave the flat around 9 yeah?”

“But—“

“Then it’s settled!”

My mouth was left agape. Harry looked at me and wore a triumphant grin on his face. I ran a hand through my hair and let out a long sigh. There was nothing I could to get out of this invitation. He was a stubborn brat who knew his ways. I looked over at Liam who had a sympathetic expression on his face, knowing exactly how I felt. Harry has brought Liam enough disasters to last his whole life.

I sat down on the couch again and licked my lips.

“There better be food.” I muttered, crossing my arms.

This better be worth my time. I’d rather sleep then attend an intimate get together with Harry’s friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so for this story I'm going to be switching POV. I know it's going to get a tad bit confusing but it'll work out. Somehow.

P.S. Sorry if this doesn't sound like any of them I'm new to this :(((

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend yep thanks