Status: slowly but surely

Primus Amor.

See You Around

It wasn’t my intention to stay long in the café.

My original plan was to go in there, get phone back, then leave and pretend that nothing ever happened. But once again, fate decided to fuck with me once again by making me stay there for over an hour.

I was really sleep deprived which caused me to be a wee moody. My hair was up into a ponytail, letting the sun kiss my almost pale skin. I wore my jeans once again and a loose shirt. I didn’t have to dress to impress right?

I made sure to get out of the flat as quietly as possible so that Trina wouldn’t notice my absence. Even if she was most likely hangover, I wouldn’t want a lecture coming from someone like her. Especially from someone who has a broken heart. I don’t think I can handle her “Men are savages!” speech.

It took a while for me to find the one who had my phone since I had no idea how he looked like. When I did find him he had a beanie over his head which hid his hair well. It looked like he was a robber though.

I had a hard time getting my phone back but then he set down this condition which was quite a shock for someone like me.

He sat across from me, taking a few sips from his cup of tea I suppose. I was still a bit surprised that he wanted to stay in contact with me since no guy ever wanted that. The reason why they wanted my number was purely for academic purposes or for humor. I was still apprehensive because he was a total stranger to me—besides the fact that he’s from that boy band.

I squirmed in my seat, not knowing what to do any longer. I should probably leave. I still had classes to attend to. I looked over at him only to see his blue eyes transfixed on me. It took my breath away.

“Um…” His eyebrow hitched up, waiting for me to continue my sentence. That is, if I could even make a coherent sentence without breaking.

“May I buy food?” I blurted out, and mentally slapped myself. That wasn’t what I was supposed to say. I wanted to tell him that I should probably go since I was intruding on him but no; I just stated the invitation for us to stay and chat since I was going to buy food. Lovely.

He chuckled and nodded his head.

“No one’s stopping you.” He pointed out. I smiled sheepishly and got up. He did the same which surprised me.

“What are you doing?”

“I’ll pay for your food. I feel bad that I brought you out here with me. I suppose treating you wouldn’t hurt?” His blue eyes were honest but I wasn’t going to take a stranger’s money. It was actually my fault for leaving my phone so I don’t think he had to pay for my food.

“No it’s fine. I appreciate your offer but I’m good.” I consoled him with a smile and walked over to the counter, feeling his gaze behind my back. I fumbled with my money as I walked up to the counter, my eyes staring at the freshly baked blueberry muffins behind the glass. I know I just had them yesterday but they were to die for.

The girl behind the counter had this really big smile on her face and it made me smile too. Smiles are contagious.

Before I could even tell her my order, she stared to babble and I wasn’t even sure I got everything she said.

“Oh my god, you are so lucky! You’re eating with the Louis Tomlinson! He is so dreamy…” Sighs. “The moment he walked in this café I was blown away I mean, yeah sure he was in London but to think he would be here of all places is amazing! I wish I was you right now. I’d love to have a normal conversation with him and not get labeled as the overly obsessed fan.” She stopped to breathe and smiled at me.

I just stood there a little in shock. Was he really that famous that he could make a girl talk on for hours without breathing? I nodded my head and forced another smile on my face.

“Uh… yeah.” I mumbled giving my attention back to the muffins. As much as I would love to listen to her words about that fellow over there, I wanted some food to eat.

“I’d like a blueberry muffin and a nice cup of coffee. Decaf please.” I recited and watched the girl nod.

I gave her the money and patiently waited for my food. I stood there near the counter, not bothering to go back and talk with Louis since I had no idea what to talk about. I took a quick peek to where he sat and saw him on his phone, texting someone. I rolled my eyes and stared at the lady who was pouring my drink in this brown paper cup. How eco-friendly.

“Drink and muffin for Portia!” I turned back to the girl who had my food on this lovely black tray that had intricate carvings. Her mouth was still curved up into a silly grin as I took the tray from the table.

“You guys make a cute couple by the way!” She whispered, giggling afterwards.

“Uhm, thanks?” I replied, shaking my head as I walked away from her. She was a complete lunatic! I honestly don’t see us in that way. He’s a stranger and I’m just the girl who forgot her phone and this really shouldn’t be happening.

I set my tray down on the table and huffed, taking a sip from my coffee. I almost choked on it, realizing how hot it was. I felt my tongue being burned by the hot liquid and frowned. I looked over Louis who was still texting away on his phone. I raised my eyebrow and leaned closer.

“Who’s that?” I asked. His eyes met mine and I backed away realizing that I must have asked something too personal. We weren’t even close!

“Uh, sorry. That was uncalled for.” I muttered, looking away in shame.

“No, no. It’s alright. It’s just my friend. He wants me to pick him up from… a friend’s place.”

“Oh.” I replied, taking another sip from my coffee. It was a little bitter but who cares. I needed to stay awake and I definitely needed caffeine in my veins. I gingerly took a bite out of my muffin while staring at him, waiting for him to say something. He seemed to be waiting as well. We were both waiting… for what?

I swallowed what was in my mouth and cleared my throat. I had an idea.

“Hi?” He raised his eyebrow but went along with it.

“Hello.”

“Since I’m eating right now and you seem bored I want us to start off again. Proper introductions and all that. I don’t want us starting off on a bad note.” I pointed out just to get everything across and so that he’ll know where I’m coming from.

His eyes lit up and nodded his head, liking my idea. I think we both agreed that the party last night wasn’t exactly a nice way of introducing each other so this was my make shift plan.

“Hi my name is Portia Germaine Samuels. I’m a seven year old trapped in a small eighteen year old body. I like reading books and drowning myself in music. How about you?” Well that went well.

He chuckled at my introduction then cleared this throat.

“Hello love, my name is Louis Tomlinson. I’m twenty but my friends, as well as our fans, think I’m a ten year old at heart. I enjoy watching movies in my spare time and making a complete fool out of myself.” He smiled at me and his teeth were like pearls damn it. Now I feel insecure about my own.

“That wasn’t so bad now wasn’t it?” I asked, feeling a little more comfortable. He chuckled and shook his head.

“Not at all. Do you mind if you continue with introducing yourself?” I was clearly taken aback by his request but agreed to do so. I might end up getting a new friend in the process, even if he was famous.

“Okay so, I’m a student at this university and no I won’t tell you what it is I don’t trust you that much yet. I’ve got this weird obsession with blueberries and I think that I am the most introverted person in the whole world.”

“You? Introvert?” Louis asked disbelief in his eyes.

“Yeah. I mean can’t you see how awkward I was when I first came here?” I defended myself. Louis leaned back and thought about it before chuckling and nodding.

“Alright you may have a point.”

“I told you so.” I took another bite from my muffin and chewed slowly before taking a sip from my cup of coffee. I was careful this time. I wouldn’t want another burn on my tongue.

“Your turn.” I said. Louis looked around the small shop before meeting my eyes.

“Well I’m in this boy band called One Direction and we make music. People think that I’m this very outgoing person who likes to joke around but in reality I’m just this guy who wants some privacy in his life.”

Suddenly I felt bad for him. Sure being famous had its perks but then there were disadvantages as well. I gave him a sad smile and gave him an awkward pat on the shoulder. Oh god I must have looked like a seal trying to hug a person. I sat back down and felt the blood gush up in my cheeks. I cleared my throat and looked away, feeling embarrassed. Why did I do that?

“Anyway, since I know absolutely nothing about your band… is it okay if I treat you like any normal person would?” I peered over at him and saw him grinning like a Cheshire cat. His dimples looked so cute on his face with brought the urge for me to pinch his cheeks.

“Absolutely.”

“Great! I had a feeling you were missing the ‘I’m a normal person’ vibes. Can I ask you something though?”

“Sure.”

“Will I die if I become friends with you?” I asked in all seriousness. He just stared at me while I stared at him. It felt like an entire century has passed before he started to laugh. I furrowed my eyebrows as I watched him laugh. He shook his head with a goofy grin on his face.

“No. But you might get a bit of hate.”

Might?!” The panic was loud and clear in my voice. Louis ceased laughing and looked at me dead in the eye.

“I’ll protect you don’t worry. If they harass you, call me if ever you need anything alright?” His voice held so much sincerity that I actually believed him. I gave my trust to someone who I just met and it scares me. If I easily gave him my trust then he could also break it with ease.

Hesitantly, I nodded my head. I know I was going to be in deep shit but fuck it. I am placing my trust in a boy who was part of a boy band. No shame.

I finished what was left of my muffin and drank what was left of my coffee. After finishing it, I set it down and gave Louis a smile. Maybe conversing with a not-so-stranger wouldn’t be bad. I did need a few friends and maybe, just maybe I could find one in him.

“Fine. I’m calling you but if you don’t come right away this whole keep in touch thing goes down the drain okay? I am placing my trust in you that I won’t die.” I warned him.

He placed a hand over his chest and crossed his heart.

“It is an honor that I would protect you Miss Portia. I promise to protect you with all my might and to keep you entertained. As your friend, it is my duty to do so.” Louis grinned at me while I rolled my eyes, finding the way he said this a little annoying and amusing.

“Thanks, I appreciate it.” I replied.

We sat there smiling like total idiots now that the awkward tension was gone but then, I felt my butt vibrate. I mean my phone. I groaned and fished out my phone and saw a new text message from Trina.

Trina Matthews: Where are you?!! Come back I need you!

I sighed and sent her a reply telling her that I’d be back in a few. I placed the phone back in my pocket and gave Louis a silly smile.

“I have to go. My friend’s dying.” The look on his face was priceless. His jaw dropped and he started to fumble around, taken aback.

“Oh, uh I’m sorry. I hope she’s okay I—“

I started laughing out loud, clapping my hands. You see, whenever I laugh I have this sudden urge to hit anyone near me but since Louis was practically on the other side I decided to clap my hands instead. My name is Portia a.k.a the seal.

I was still laughing when I peeked at Louis who only glared at me but his mouth was quirked up. When my laughter finally subsided to giggles I explained what really happened.

“No worries… My friend just wants me back because she has a hangover. Wow, you should have seen the look on your face! I wish I got that on video.” I stated, still giggling. Louis merely rolled his eyes before laughing alongside me.

“Alright. I guess I should let you go now.”

I stop giggling and looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Was I ever yours to begin with?”

The expression he gave me showed bewilderment and something else, something I couldn’t quite figure out. It was meant to be a joke. Maybe I said too much? I bit my lip and immediately felt bad. I think I might have just stepped on uncharted territory.

I was about to apologize but the expression on his face was erased. He went back to his normal smiling self. That was weird. I could have sworn…

“Right. It was nice meeting you Portia. I’ll see you around?”

His accent snapped me out of my reverie. I focused on his face, trying to figure him out but decided now was not the time.

There was so much hope in that question that I couldn’t turn him down. The probability of me seeing him in London was a little low since I had no idea how he would look like. Also he had that big fat beanie covering his head.

“Yeah. See you around Louis.” I smiled at him and stood up, my legs shaking a little bit. He gave a slight nod which told me that I was good to go. I waved at him and walked away.

I took one last look at him before walking out of the café, a grin on my face. That went better than I expected. I thought I would die of embarrassment (I almost did) but maybe not. Louis seemed like a nice guy and he did have good intentions. A little bit of a flirt but I guess I could handle that. There was also something mysterious about him, something he wasn’t telling me but then, I haven’t been completely open with him either. It would have to wait… maybe when we’re really good friends he could tell me what’s been bothering him.

I shoved my hands in my back pocket and looked both ways, making sure I wouldn’t get run over by a car. Getting run over by a vehicle was not on my to-do list for today.

Once the coast was clear I crossed the road, still careful. At this time in the morning, people were rushing to get to work. When I finally reached the sidewalk I had to endure the curses of people who were constantly bumping into me because I was too small. Well I’m sorry if I got the recessive gene from my mom.

I snuck inside the building and felt the cool air hit my face instantly. Seems like someone turned the AC too high. I shivered involuntarily in my jeans and loose shirt as I walked to the elevator, pushing the button. No one was at the front desk which was odd because they always had someone there. Whether a prim and proper lady or a fat ass dork, someone was there. I raised my eyebrow in confusion but dropped it when I heard the familiar ding.

I stepped inside the confined space and tapped my foot, humming a tune. Meeting Louis formally was nice and I didn’t get raped… I also got his number… when should I even text him? Or maybe a call would be more appropriate? Wait, I’ve got school in an hour! Good grief!

I glanced at the small screen to my left, the numbers going up and up. Once I saw it reached my floor I anxiously waited for the doors to open. Crap I’ve got school. When it opened, I dashed out of the elevator and nearly tripped over my two left feet. I stumbled down the hallway and caught myself, leaning on one of the walls.

“Crap.” I mumbled, composing myself before running back to our flat. I took out the flat’s key, ready to unlock the door when it opened by itself revealing a very pissed red head.

I swallowed the bile rising up my throat and forced a smile on my face. Here it goes.

“Hey Trina. Good morning?” She only glared at me and cracked open the door a little bit to let me in. I tiptoed inside knowing that she was angry at me for some reason. Trina slammed the door shut while I crept to my bedroom. My goal is to get my bag plus my homework, and run like there is no tomorrow.

“Where the fuck have you been?” I gulped and turned to Trina, shoving both hands deep in my pockets. I guess my attempt to come in and get my stuff was a fail. I wish Trina was asleep right now because things would be much easier on my part.

“Uh Felicity’s?” I started, hoping she wouldn’t ask anything more.

“Last time I checked you don’t go out to Felicity’s during the morning. Ever. There’s more to the story isn’t there?” She crossed her arms and she was staring me down. I shrunk back in fear and let out a frustrated groan.

“Just because you’re heart is fucked up doesn’t mean you get to ruin my life okay?” I snapped, getting a bit defensive. She narrowed her eyes at me and took a step closer. I took a step back and nearly knocked over the coffee table.

“I went there to get back my phone!” I yelled in exasperation. That should be a logical reason right?

She uncrossed her arms, her eyes lighting up. She finally remembered. I guess having a pounding headache accompanied by a shattered heart made you bi-polar.

“Did you get it back?” Her voice toned down a notch while I simply rolled my eyes.

“Yes!” I hissed, storming off to my room. I was going to be late if this continued any further.

I heard footsteps following me, the familiar pat on the cold hardwood floor. I pushed my bedroom door open and took off my shirt. I went to my closet and fished out a nice blouse that wouldn’t get me judged by my other school mates. I looked around my room for my bag and found it beside the bed, with all the papers I forgot to put in my folder.

“Shit.” I mumbled as I shoved everything in my bag/folder. I could feel Trina standing near the doorway but she made no move to help me out. How nice.

I went over to my dresser and combed my hair quickly, making sure there were no tangles. I had no time to fix my hair this morning. Now I wonder why I didn’t agree to live in the dorms. Oh right, Trina.

I didn’t bother with make up since going natural was the best way to go. I looked up and saw Trina eyeing me curiously. I let out another groan and picked up my bag, slinging it over my shoulder.

“What is it Trina?” She snapped out of her trance and grinned.

“I just remembered. You met up with the bloke from the party yeah? How was it? Was he cute? Did you get his number?” I gently pushed her and walked out of my room, my bag constantly hitting my butt. How bothersome.

“Yes I met up with him. It was good. He was pretty adorable and yes I got his number.” I recited in a monotone, making sure not to give any hints with what I’m feeling towards all of this. I heard her squeal as I went to the kitchen, grabbing an apple from the fruit basket. This was going to be my snack later on.

“Have you contacted him?” I turned around and was shocked to see her inches away from my face. I placed my hand on her stomach and gingerly pushed her away. I hated it when she invaded my personal space. It made me feel smaller and she was taking up the oxygen I needed.

“I just talked with him a while ago. Do I really need to message him right now?” I reasoned, moving away from her pressing questions. I really needed to go.

I slipped on my toms and walked over to the door, phone and keys in hand. Trina followed me and blocked my path earning a groan from me. I narrowed my eyes at her while she did the same. I thought she had a hangover?

“I have school Trina.” She rolled her eyes and cocked her hips.

“And you need to tell me everything later.” She replied, looking at me expectantly. I rolled my eyes and maneuvered my way but she continued to block me. She raised her eyebrows while I raised my hands up in defeat.

“Fine! Just let me go! Jeez.” She smirked at me and stepped aside, her arms crossed.

“Just because my love life is currently in pieces doesn’t mean I don’t get to hear yours.”

“I don’t have one!” I defended, stepping out of the flat. She only laughed at me with that tinkling laugh of hers. I rolled my eyes and trotted away from our room, embarrassed to be related to her. I was around two feet away when I heard her loud voice across the hall.

“You will Portia! Just you wait!”

Oh god.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am running out of pre-written chapters. Send. Help.

But yeah just a heads up in case all of you wonder why it's taking me forever to update. 55 subs and 12 recs. Okay I did not see that one coming since this is my first 1D fic. Thank you to all! (even if I don't show it enough) I love you *hugs* (awkward)

so yeah. Comment/Subscribe/Recommend. It'd really make me happy :)

skinny love.