Status: Active while I update from my other cite (:

Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 36

I continued to read the note over and over. Those three little words didn’t make sense to me. Well, I knew what they meant, but why would Draco write them down and not say them to me? He has before. I smiled at the note, which caused Madame Rosmertta to come back down the bar. I know she was waiting on me to tell her what the note said, but how could I even tell her when I didn’t understand?

“That’s all it says?” she asked when I decided just to show it to her. “How the bloody hell are you supposed to figure that one out?”

I shrugged. “Apparently he thinks I’m smarter than I actually am.”

“Well,” the bar tender said, setting another shot glass in front of me, “this calls for another firewhiskey,” she smirked at me. “Drink up. I only give two on the house, and I mean it this time.”

I nodded with a smile at her before tossing the shot back. “I just don’t get why he’s not here,” I coughed out at her.

“He’s trying to be bloody romantic but failing miserably,” she laughed. “Okay, let’s see here. Obviously, he trying to do the note thing where you have to follow it in order to find him, which is so cliché but no girl can’t help but admit that it’s adorably romantic. Hell, I’m almost forty and that would be romantic to me.”

I smiled at Draco’s attempt to be romantic. Was this his first time trying to be romantic? “Where am I supposed to go with a clue like ‘I want you’?”

She thought for a moment. “Is there a place where he’s told you that before or that you’ve…”she smirked, “gone at it? Is that what he’s trying to do? If he wanted to go at it, why didn’t he just ask, right? I hate guys who try to be romantic for the only reason to get you into bed.”

I nodded. “Yeah, I hate those guys too.” And I desperately hoped that Draco wasn’t that kind of guy now that we have gotten into bed together. Well, it wasn’t a bed, but rather a sofa. Do the details matter all that much?

“Here,” she said and refilled my shot glass. “I can tell you’re going to need another one before you start this scavenger hunt. Trust me; this isn’t going to end well.”

I gulped, looking at the red liquid and wanting to drink it. “It’s not going to end well?” I repeated.

She nodded. “All the signs are there.”

My eyes widened at her. “What signs?”

“That he’s only trying to shag you again. Why else would he put those words into that note? Think about it while you toss that back,” she shook her head and walked away.

I did as she said and tossed my third firewhiskey back. It wasn’t burning as much as the other two. I burped again before deciding that I had better get started and at least walk around while I try to figure the note out. I stumbled a bit when I got down off my stool and then stumbled some more as I walked towards the door.

“Don’t fall on your way out,” Madame Rosmertta called after me. “And I’m putting that last whiskey on your tab. Good luck with whatever your boyfriend has in store for you. Be sure to tell me all about it when you come back to pay your tab off.”

I shut the door on her shouting. It was really getting on my nerves. The cool air outside calmed me down a bit but didn’t take the dizziness away. I looked around without a clue as to what I was supposed to do. That’s when I saw Kam making her way over to me.

“You look lost,” she joked. “I’m sure that’s where my boyfriend got the idea to send me on some weird scavenger hunt thing. I should’ve known blondie would have something to do with it. Only problem is I don’t know what he means by any of this. We haven’t been together long enough for me to get every little thing he writes down. Now, you and blondie have that. You probably are having no trouble at all with his clues.”

I sighed. “Well, actually, Kam, I’m still on my first clue, and I have absolutely no idea what he means by it.”

She started laughing. “That’s rich. I can’t believe that you don’t get his clue, and it’s the first one! Well, how about we look at mine and then we look at yours.

“Sounds good,” I said, taking her note from her and with one look, I knew what he meant. “He wants you to meet him at the place where you had your first kiss. It’s totally obvious from the pictures that he drew,” which was pretty lame, but I didn’t tell her that.

“Oh,” she smiled. “I guess it is pretty obvious. Okay, let’s have a look at yours,” and she just took it without me handing it to her. “What? ‘I want you’? Is he trying to be kinky in your very first note? That’s not a good sign. Or he could be trying to have you remember the first time he said that and that’s where you have to go find your next clue.” She shrugged.

I then smiled. “Of course that’s what he means! That was the first place that we also kissed. Well, that we both wanted to kiss that day. I have to go!”

I then took off with her at my heels. “Why are you following me? You have to go to the place where-“

I could’ve face palmed myself right there because her first kiss was on the Quidditch pitch and mine was just a few feet from it on the side of the castle next to the Gryffindor locker rooms. I slowed down and allowed her to catch up as I was thinking of that day. He was being a jerk like he always used to be but still is to everyone else. I had asked him what his problem was because he had started not making sense with his insults. When the game was over, he pulled me from the celebration and over to the locker rooms where he pushed me against the wall and told me that I was his problem. That he wanted me. Of course that’s what he meant when he wrote those words.

“Wait,” Kam asked when the pitch was just in sight. “Where was yours and Draco’s first kiss?”

I smirked at her. “Up against the side of the castle by the Gryffindor locker room.”

She looked at me with a very shocked expression on her face. “That makes you sound like a complete slut, you know that?” she laughed.

I shrugged. “It was the best kiss of my life.”

“I’m sure it was,” she bumped me lightly with her hip.

“Well, looks like this is where we part. Have fun,” I smiled at her.

She smiled back. “Good luck with yours.”

I found a note spello-taped to the side of the castle exactly where we kissed that day. It was shaped in a heart and had my name written on it in Draco’s handwriting. I smiled and took it off the side of the castle and opened it in an excited frenzy.

The stars shined so bright. Our secrets left our mouths. Only one of us had completely come clean, and the other wept for hours. Regrets weighing heavily on our chests from years of separation, you held me in your arms tenderly. I realized that night that I could never live without you. You are my whole world. You are my everything. Happy Valentine’s Day. On to the next clue.

I was on the brink of tears. That night when we both told each other exactly what we thought about one another was not a night I would want to forget. Up in the Astronomy tower, I had also realized that I didn’t want to be with anyone else either. So, I high tailed it up to the Astronomy tower with multiple professors yelling no running in the corridors after me. I didn’t care though. I just wanted to see my Draco. Sure enough, there was a note waiting for me on the door up to the tower. I happily squealed as I opened it.

"I love you. One word we both told each other in a very physical way when we finally cleared the air of everything. That night is very dear to me, and I hope there are many more to come. Hopefully, we won’t be playing hide and go seek for too much longer. Come find me. Olly-olly-oxen-free."

I had really started to cry with that letter. I loved him so much, and it made me smile bright to see that he loved me just as much to come up with those wonderful clues. It was so thought out and romantic. Rosmertta was wrong though. He was not doing it because he wanted to shag. He was doing it because he loved me and only me. I quickly made my way to the room of requirement where we had told each other ‘I love you’ in the ultimate way. There was no note on the door, so it must’ve been the last clue. When I opened the door, I gasped at the sight. Rose petals covered the floor. There was a table in the middle with a single lit candle and a single rose with a note hanging from its vase. I took it off after looking around. There was no bed. There was no sofa. His intentions were not to shag. What did I let that crazy bartender get inside my head? Draco was perfectly innocent.

Tell me how it feels being in my heart and the center of my eye. Tell me what it feels like to be loved so much. Tell me how it feels like knowing that you found the person that you’re meant to spend the rest of your life with. Turn around and tell me how it feels.

When I turned, my hands dropped the paper and covered my mouth. Draco was there behind me just like he had said he would be in the note. He smirked as he pulled something out of his pocket, but I couldn’t see what it was in the dim light. I was too speechless to say anything, but he sure wasn’t.

“Well, you might not be able to tell me how it feels,” he smirked, “but I sure can. I’ve never had anyone feel this way about me before. All I’ve wanted all my life was to find that one person who would do anything for me and not expect a thing in return. Courtney, you have always been that person, I was just too stupid to see it. I’ve always loved you, Court. I just didn’t have the best way of showing it.”

“I’ve always loved you too,” I finally found my voice. “No guy has ever gone to this measure to prove it to me. So, how does it feel being in your heart and the center of your eye? How does it feel to be loved so much? How does it feel to know that I’ve found the person that I’m meant to spend the rest of my life with?” I paused and took a deep breath. “There’s no words to describe what I’m feeling right now. You have made me so happy that I never want to be with anyone else, ever.”

“Not even Fred?” he jokingly asked.

I shook my head. “I will never date another ginger as long as I live. Blondes are more for me,” I smirked, moving closer to him.

“Wait!” he shouted and caused me to stop. “I have something very important to ask you,” he said and dropped to one knee. “Courtney, you are the only person that I want to marry in this world,” he then opened up the thing he had been holding in his hand to show a princess cut diamond ring. “Courtney, will you marry me?”