Status: Active while I update from my other cite (:

Draco Malfoy's Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 38

I turned around slowly to face Pansy. What was she even doing in the boys’ dormitories? She wasn’t waiting for Draco, was she? That was creepy. She was just creepy in general, and I so just wanted to yell at her, but I couldn’t because I’d wake up everyone and then I’d be in even deeper shit.

“Pansy?” I whisper-yelled instead. “What are you doing here?”

“I could ask you the same thing,” she smirked. “I’m a Slytherin. I actually have access in here. You’re a good-for-nothing Gryffindor that has no right to be in the dungeons. So, tell me, Courtney. What were you doing in Draco’s room?”

“What were you doing waiting outside of Draco’s room?” I played back.

She rolled her eyes. “Everyone knows we’re practically a couple. Don’t think just because you’re sneaking out of his room all bleary eyed and messy haired that he has any interest in you what so ever. He’s just using you.”

I sighed. “And you think that he’ll fall in love with a pug face like yours? Dream on.”

I made to walk past her, but she stopped me with a gentle hand on my shoulder. “Listen, Flint,” she said through clenched teeth, “I’m warning you. I can ruin your life if you so choose it. So if I were you, I would make nice with me right now.”

“In your dreams, Pansy,” I smirked. “How do you even have friends with a name like that? Pansy…it just sounds disgusting, which gives us such a nice preview for your face. So, I’ll see you later. Just think about what I said, and I know you’ll find that heart that I know is in there somewhere. Although, I bet it’s deep, deep, deep down in there. Catch you later, Pansy”

I walked out the door and towards the Gryffindor tower, where I showered and got ready to face the day. I knew it would be a dozy because of Pansy and whatever she had in mind, which could be hardly anything at all. She was just a jealous bitch that needed to get a life and leave my fiancé alone. Dumb bitch.

“Hey, Court,” Kam caught up with me as I was walking down the steps to the common room. “Where were you last night? I tried to find you so I could tell you all about my date yesterday, but you were nowhere to be found. You two weren’t shagging were you?”

I blushed. “Well…”

“Oh my gosh! I can’t believe this. You’ve turned into such a naughty girl, Courtney. I don’t know if I want you with such a bad influence,” she then laughed. “I know that you two totally belong together. So, it’s okay if you want to get a little naughty with him every once in a while.”

“Gee, thanks. I so needed your permission,” I rolled my eyes at her.

“Anytime,” she smiled as we passed some people in the corridor that were looking at us funny. “What’s wrong with your eyes?” Kam yelled back at them. “Do you know what’s going on, Court?”

I shrugged. “How should I know?”

“That was just plain weird, Court. Are you sure you have no idea what’s going on?”

I shook my head. “I don’t think so.”

We continued on and made it all the way to the Entrance Hall where even more people were staring at us or staring at me was what it seemed like. I was getting all nervous and flustered. What was going on?

“Hey, Courtney!” I turned to see Seamus Finnegan approaching me with Dean Thomas. “Wanna help me with my History project? I could sure use the help,” he winked at me as they passed and went into the Great Hall.

My mouth dropped open. That pug-faced bitch! She knew that rumors went around like wildfire in Hogwarts so she took advantage of it. She told me to make nice with her, but I didn’t. I don’t see how this could even be remotely be equal to me calling her ugly. It was taking it too far. Next time I saw her, I promised myself that I would kick her in the face.

I took off towards the Great Hall with Kam at my heels. She was so confused and kept asking what Seamus meant by wanting help with his project, but I was too busy scanning the room for Pansy. I spotted her sitting at the Slytherin table laughing with another ugly girl. I started on my way over, but I was stopped by a screaming Harry.

“You slept with Malfoy?!” he screamed, which just attracted even more attention to me. “I thought you said that it was over between you two that whatever attraction that you had to him was over. You said that it didn’t matter but you had to go and crawl into his bed?”

“Harry,” I was appalled by the way he was speaking to me. “It’s not like that. Okay?”

He rolled his eyes. “You’ve already lied to me before. How am I supposed to trust you?”

“I’ll be happy to tell you all about it later, Harry,” I was beginning to get very impatient with him. “Right now, you need to get out of my way before I slap you and slap you hard. You have no right to judge me on a rumor, a rumor that I haven’t even heard yet. So, please, yell at me some more and make everyone believe whatever that rumor says. Go right ahead.”

“Harry, mate, for Merlin’s sake, just let it go,” came Ron’s voice when Harry was about to open his mouth. “You’ve done enough damage for one day, so sit down and leave the poor girl alone. She’s suffered enough without you driving her reputation into the ground. Believe me; I would hate you as well.”

“Ron, are you telling me-“ Harry was cut off by Ron once more as he walked in front of me.

“Just shut the bloody hell up and sit down, mate. If not for her good, do it for yourself.”

Harry sat down with a look thrown at me. I sigh as Ron turned back to me and pulled me into a nice hug. I just didn’t believe that Harry would yell at me like that, but then again, he knew nothing about everything that had been going on. Ron did know everything, and the way that he stood up against his best mate made me feel a little guilty. I had become something that could tear apart their friendship, and I didn’t like that.

“Thank you,” I said when he pulled away. “You didn’t have to do that.”

He nodded. “Yes, I did. If not, he would’ve made it a lot worse for you. Trust me.”

“What is this?” we turned to see Lavender looking at us with her mouth gaping open. “You really are a slut, aren’t you? First, you easily crawl into Draco’s bed, and now you’re after my man. What has gotten into you, Bestie?”

“Lavender!” Ron yelled. “Merlin’s beard, does everyone believe every God damn rumor they hear? She’s one of my best mates. We can give a friendly hug every once in a while without having anyone think otherwise, but one rumor comes out, and you’re ready to believe it?”

She crossed her arms over her chest. “How am I not supposed to believe it when she’s standing with her arms around you, Won-won. She hasn’t moved, and I’m standing right here. How do you explain that?”

“How about that I’m in shock right now?” I took my arms from around Ron and properly faced her. “I thought we weren’t besties? Didn’t I make that clear? If I wanted Ron, I probably could’ve stolen him from you by now, so don’t get so overprotective and over dramatic for nothing.”

“Yeah,” Ron agreed, “Don’t get your panties in a bunch, Lav. It means nothing.”

She then stomped her heeled foot once before turning and running out of the Hall. Ron started to laugh, but I didn’t find it so funny. Kam stepped in front of me with a sad expression on her face. I sigh and tried to side step her, but she wouldn’t budge.

“Excuse me, Kam. I have to go kick an ugly bitch’s ass,” I said, but she once again stopped me.

She shook her head. “Don’t you even go over there. You will get detention or worse expelled. I can’t let you be a total delinquent now can I? Now that you’re also a slut.”

“Kam-“

“I know you’re not really a slut, but that’s what everyone else thinks. Why don’t you just go sit down and have some breakfast. You really need to calm down,” she steered me in the right direction and planted me right in front of Neville. “I’ll be right back!” she then left me.

I didn’t want to eat breakfast. I really needed to pound a face in, but apparently, I couldn’t even have one blemish on my record, even though my reputation is now rather questionable according to the whole student body. I just needed to talk to Draco that would really calm me down, but I probably couldn’t even go near him without someone producing another rumor about me. I’m so glad to see that Draco’s reputation isn’t touched by this. It was like it was expected of him just because he was a guy. That is so not fair.

“Courtney?”

I looked up from the middle of killing my toast by shredding it to tiny pieces to see that Neville was trying to talk to me. What did he want? A hot date? Was he going to ask me for help on his History Project as well? Nah, that’s not Neville.

“Yes, Neville?” I asked, trying to act like I wasn’t bothered by his voice.

He took in a deep breath before telling me. “I don’t think that you’re a trollop like the rest of the school does. You can’t believe every rumor you hear, and any rumor from Slytherin is hardly ever true. I just hope that you don’t get treated too badly today.”

I smiled at him. “Thanks, Neville. I needed that.”

“Alright, harlot, let’s go,” Kam said when she returned. “We need to get you to class and try not to pass any horny boys on the way. Blaise said that it could be bad, so I’m going to be with you every step of the way.”

“Gee, thanks, Kam. You know, you could let up on the name calling as well?” I suggested, knowing that it wouldn’t work.

She laughed. “But it’s too funny.”

I rolled my eyes as she walked me to class. Yes, there were guys who we passed that wolf called, called out my name in a moan, tried to ask me out, and made hungry eyes at me the whole way down to the dungeons. Kam pushed them off of me, but she couldn’t make the girls stop hissing ‘slut’ at me when I came into eye sight. It was officially the worst day of my life, and it was all Pansy’s fault.

“Good luck, and don’t go bitch slapping anyone just because they’re reacting to this rumor without grace, okay? That even includes Pansy. I do not want to hear that you have detention t the end of the day, am I clear?” she asked, and with a sigh, I nodded.

She was right in a way. I shouldn’t be hitting anyone because of the way they were acting. I should be saving all the pinned up anger for Pansy the next time that I saw here because I was not going to hold back on her. Getting detention would be so worth it just to watch her bleed. I’m sure I’m not that only one that thinks that.

“Look at what the cat dragged in,” said a Slytherin close to the door when I walked in. “Heard she likes to get around,” and that’s when it happened.

Smack! Right on the ass.

I stopped walking and froze to the spot. Everyone had stopped talking and was looking at us because the hand slap echoed through the whole room. I was about to go over the edge, and everyone knew it too. Well, everyone except dumb ass who decided to open his mouth again.

“So, when are you and me going to hook up, baby? I’m pretty sure that Draco isn’t the only one that’s tapped that,” he laughed.

His laugh us what brought me over the edge. I turned with crazed eyes and let out all my anger on him with one well placed blow. The blood flowed from his nose and onto his shirt. I smirked in triumph, but when I turned around, that smirk was wiped off my face. Slughorn was standing right behind me with his arms crossed and a sour look on his face.

“Detention tomorrow night, Courtney. I don’t ever want to see that behavior in my class ever again. I surely didn’t expect it from you, Miss Flint. I thought that you were one of the good ones,” he shook his head, but I still didn’t have a regret.

The day passed rather slowly as the harassment only got worse. I went from a tramp who slept easily with one guy to a complete tramp who had shagged at least ten other guys by the end of the day. It was ridiculous and complete rubbish. I made it to History of Magic without hitting another person, but I don’t know how I did it.

“Hey,” Draco frowned at me. “I’m so sorry about all the rumors. I’ll figure out a way to stop them, okay?”

I shook my head. “The only way you could possibly do that was if you told everyone that we were actually together. You’ve taken plenty of sacrifices for me. Now, it’s my turn. I can take being called a slut for a little while. I’m sure the rumor will die down in a week or two when something juicier comes along.”

“You shouldn’t have to do this.”

“But I have to,” I sighed the next thing I was going to tell him was breaking my heart. “It’s better that we only see each other when we work on our project. We can’t risk being seen together like that again. It’s better for both of us this way.”

He nodded. “It’s really for the best.”

I sighed. “I’ll miss you.”

“Not as much as I’ll miss you.”

I then focused on Professor Binns as Draco moved from his usual seat and took a vacant one towards the rear of the classroom. I mindlessly played with the ring around my neck as the class went on. I kept reminding myself that it was for the best, just like Draco had said. It just hurt so much. It didn’t hurt as much as when he distanced himself away from me before, but it still hurt. This time I knew the reason behind it. I couldn’t be as affected by it because it was my decision. We had almost been able to get away with everything but that cow, Pansy, had to ruin everything.

“How you holding up, Flint, or should I say slut?” Pansy had me corned right before dinner.

I have no idea why she wanted to rub all of it in my face, but she did. I just narrowed my eyes at her as she continued her little charade of taunting me with non-original names and such, hoping to get a reaction out of me. I just blinked at her as she went on. It was really pathetic. She was pathetic.

“Are you finished now?” I asked when she had stopped to laugh. “Good,” I didn’t even wait for her to answer before I slapped her across the face. “You will never mess with me again, Pansy,” I then kneed her in the stomach. “Don’t you ever make up a rumor about me again, bitch, or the consequences could be worse.”

I turned on my heel and flipped my hair right in her face. I didn’t even get to celebrate because Snape was standing right there. My eyes automatically wondered down to the floor. I had been caught again hitting someone. Snape would be much worse than Slughorn though. I just knew it.

“Miss Flint, I am surprised by your actions. My office-“

“But I was provoked, Professor. You have to believe me!” I pleaded as he just ignored me.

He cleared his throat. “My office right now, Flint. I will not tell you a second time.”

Knowing that I was defeated, I walked with my head down all the way to the dungeons. I was really in deep shit, and it was all Pansy’s fault. Man, when she said she could ruin me, she really meant it. I just didn’t think she would actually make good on her promise. That stupid bitch.