Reckless

Prologue.

“So we’re agreed?” Chris asked, looking across the table into Penelope’s big green eyes. Penelope nodded pain evident on both their faces. “I really do wish there was some way around this.” Chris said, rubbing his thumb lovingly along the inside of her wrist.

Penelope pulled away, raking her hand through her thick red hair. “Chris, don’t beat yourself up.” She looked out the window, avoiding his gaze know she would break down in tears if she did. “We both want this.” She said, trying to convince them that going separate ways was for the best. She looked at him, taking a long breath to steady herself. “You’re graduating and I’ll be starting senior year. I need to focus and have fun before I have to grow up.” She gave a small laugh at the last part.

Chris grabbed her cold, small hands in his warm, big ones. “You know if you asked —“ He began to say only to earn a strong protest from Penelope.

“—not even!” She shook her head. “I would never ask you to give up on your dreams.” Chris smiled at the thought. It was true. She had helped him realize his dream of being an actor and pushed him more towards his goal. After graduation he would be moving to Los Angeles where his agent was and try to break into the business. Penelope knew he was amazing and the last thing she wanted to do was hold him back. Now here they sat, in their favorite booth, at their favorite diner, breaking up mutually. Her citing how she needed to focus on senior year and him moving towards his dream. The distance alone would be too much. “We would make each other miserable.”

He looked up at her, noticing the tears welling up behind her eyes. Her smile that she was trying to keep intact for reassurance was faltering. “Promise me when you become this big shot movie star, you won’t forget me though.”

Chris cupped her cheek and wiped the tear that had just fallen with his thumb. “I couldn’t, even if I tried.” He grinned, knowing it was true. Because no one could ever forget their first love. “You’ll get ticket to my first red carpet premiere.”

And even though it hurt like hell, feeling the heart break of the situation, they both smiled at each other because they knew they would be okay
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so excited for this, you don't even know! I've already got a million chapters written out! I absolutely love Chris Evans.

So please let me know what you think.
comment/subscribe.
pretty please.