Status: I'm drooling over here.

Camp Wakiki

Darcy Hewitt

Pushing her hair behind her ear, Darcy grabbed the red cup from the large boy, accepting it a smile. She brought it to her lips for a quick sip, and shuddered at the taste of the coarse alcohol. It was a mixed drink, but it was a tad too strong, and Darcy knew it would start getting to her soon. She was the definition of a lightweight.

Taking another sip, she scanned her eyes over the crowds of people. A part of her wondered why she even left Lila’s side. Mingling with the other staffers was never quite as much fun as gossiping with her best friend.

When her eyes landed on Lila and Harry chatting in the corner, she immediately became thankful that she had. As much as Darcy loved that Lila was happy with Jordan, she hated that she was with him.

She had her reasons. Many reasons. She hadn’t given him the name pond scum for nothing.
“Darcy!”

Simon approached her, a sloppy grin on his face. It was obvious he was drunk. He was so far beyond drunk that drunk had unfriended him on Facebook for being too uncool. Drunk wouldn’t even follow him on Twitter. Simon was that drunk.

His arms flew sloppily around Darcy, as he lifted her in the air. Several words fell from his lips, but they were too slurred for Darcy to make any sense of them.

Simon was one of the lifeguards with her, so she didn’t want to immediately push him off, even though his extended hug was beginning to make her uncomfortable.

“How are you?”

Those words, Darcy could understand. She chuckled, patting his back lightly.

“I’m good. How are you?”

He pulled away from her, ignoring her question, and grabbed her shoulders with his hands. A large grin was still plastered across his face, as his eyes fluttered between open and shut. The strong scent of beer rolled off his tongue with every breath that pushed to Darcy’s face, and she made her best attempt at not cringing.

“I am so drunk,” Simon said, some of the words clustering together to form whole new ones. “Darcy, you are beautiful.”

Darcy smiled again, before attempting to push Simon away. The year before, when they had been lifeguards together, Darcy never knew Simon to be one to throw himself at girls, but she had caught him staring at her quite a few times at the pool. That thought only made Darcy even more uncomfortable.

Every second that passed, Simon moved closer and closer to her. She became more nervous with every shuffle off his feet, as her mind raced with a way to get out of the situation. She saw the look in his eyes and she knew it was only a matter of moments before his lips would be on hers.

“Hey, Darcy!”

A voice called beside her, causing her to breathe a sigh of relief. Both she and Simon turned, as they were met with the bright smile of the infamous Liam Payne. She knew him only from a few very brief conversations, but it wasn’t a surprise that he knew her name. Most of the staff at least knew of one another.

Liam’s attention was focused only on her as he spoke. “We needed some more cups and I hear you’re the person to ask.”

Darcy’s lips twisted in confusion, as her head cocked to the side. She was a lifeguard, not a kitchen aid. She had no clue where the cups would be and no idea why he thought she would.

“I actually-“

“You can just show me,” he said, quick to cut off her words. His hand moved in front of him, pointing in no particular direction. “Lead the way.”

Darcy’s head shook slightly, but she saw her escape and took it. With the same confused look on her face, she took a few steps in Liam’s direction, as his hand fell to her elbow.

When they were several feet away from Simon, he looked down at her, a small grin on his face.

“I’m sorry, I really don’t know where these cups are,” Darcy said, as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

Liam shook his head, letting out a small laugh. “I know. You just looked like you needed a way out.”

Nodding her head, Darcy smiled at him. “I did. Thank you.”

He smiled back at her. “Anytime.”

His eyes pulled away from Darcy’s for a moment, as they scanned over the crowd. When he looked back at her, he smiled.

“You think he’ll bug off you now?”

She nodded her head, as she bit her lip.

“Good,” he said, smiling at her. “I’ve got to get back to my girlfriend, but I’ll see you later, yeah?”

“Yeah.”

Darcy watched as Liam made his way through the crowd of people, back to the beautiful brunette who was always at his side. When he reached her, a large smile fell to her face, and she immediately jumped into his arms. He gave her a quick spin, before setting her back down and attaching his hand to her hip. It was crazy how happy they were when they were together. They really were Wakiki’s best couple.

Shaking her head, Darcy pulled her gaze away, hoping that no one saw the dreamy look that hit her eyes every time she looked at Liam.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Liam too much not to(;
I hope everyone is enjoying this story so far!