Status: I'm drooling over here.

Camp Wakiki

Chloe Brewer

Tucking her hair behind her ear, Chloe let out a chuckle, as she listened to her group of ten year olds gossip about the day they’d had. They gushed about the cute blonde counselor who taught them music and one of the hot lifeguards down at the lake.

Chloe had been the counselor for the same age group the year before, but somehow during the school year, she had forgotten how boy crazy the girls could be. She was thankful she didn’t have the thirteen year old girls. They would actually chase after the boys, instead of just pining over them from afar. She may envy Violet for still being in a happy relationship, but she didn’t envy the fact that her best friend had to counsel the older girls.

Last year, one of the girls in Violet’s cabin even had a crush on Liam, and made several attempts at stealing her counselor’s boyfriend, which earned several laughs from the rest of the counselors.

It was nearing 10 PM and Chloe knew the girls would be tired and crabby if they didn’t get some rest soon. Lights out was at 9 and the girls should have been sleep just after that, but they were too excited about the day they had to sleep. Chloe figured letting them gossip for a few more minutes wouldn’t do any harm, but soon she’d have to open the paper thin door that separated them and tell them to get to sleep.

Chloe rolled over in her bed, her eyes landing immediately on the wooden wall of her cabin. She’d had Whisper Cabin the year before, so this cabin, located on the top of a hill, was a bit of a change for her. She was happy for it though. It was even further from the boys’ cabins than her old one. Further from Louis.

Looking at her watch, Chloe made the final decision to go over to the girls’ bunks and quiet them down. There was nothing worse than trying to deal with crabby girls, and she knew they had archery practice in the morning, and she didn’t want to send Liam a bunch of whiny brats.

“Girls,” Chloe said, her voice soft and sweet. “It’s time to get to sleep.”

The girls immediately quieted, before giggling to themselves.

Chloe sighed, knowing better than to tell them to get quiet again. The rest of the summer, they would be exhausted, with their bodies unable to stay awake when the moon hit the sky. She could apologize to Liam tomorrow, and then it would never happen again.

Image


The girls were giggling again, with a few of them holding hands, as they made their way over to the archery field. As soon as Chloe dropped them off, leaving them in Liam’s capable hands, she had to take a group of eight year olds on a horseback trail, before coming back to pick them up at noon.

Days as a camp counselor were busy, but Chloe was used to it. Some of the counselors only had to watch over their group and help clean up the camp, but some of them had to head activities as well. Chloe was one of the lucky ones with a kid group and an activity to lead. It was tough, but it was better than cleaning.

“Chloe.” Liam smiled at her, as she approached him with her girls in tow. “You staying or have you got a lesson teach?”

“I’ve got a lesson,” she said, smiling back at him. “But I’ll be back to pick them up just before lunch. Where are your boys at?”

“I just dropped them off with Louis. They’re hiking today.”

At the sound of Louis’s name, Chloe let out a sigh. She didn’t want to even think about the boy, but she knew she’d be hearing his name all summer. Not only that, her girls were scheduled for a hike in a few days, and she would have to see him when she dropped them off.

Liam gave her a soft smile, knowing exactly how hurt she was. He had heard all the stories from Violet and he knew just how bad Louis had broken her.

“Have you seen him yet?” Liam asked, as one of the other archery leads led the girls to grab some bows. With the girls gone, Liam would be able to pester her more about the break up, and she almost wished they were back.

“Just the back of his head,” she said, chuckling. “But that was more of Louis Tomlinson than I had hoped to have to deal with.”

Liam laughed, twisting his face in a smile. “You’re not going to be able to avoid him forever, you know?”

Chloe groaned.

Of course, she knew she couldn’t stay away from him all summer, but she would do it for as long as she could.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys, it's Katie(:
I can't wait for some Chloe/Louis drama(;